Thread: 5 year warranty

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 5 year warranty

I had purchased the 5 year extended warranty in Oct 2008 when I took delivery of my 08 SM5. I cannot locate the original paperwork, but I thought I saw a digital version of BRP’s extended warranty online. Has anyone seen that?

Does anyone know offhand if the body is covered years 3-5? My rear fender brackets are broken again…..

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderByter View Post
    Does anyone know offhand if the body is covered years 3-5? My rear fender brackets are broken again…..
    Yes.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Is this what you are looking for?

http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/Files/en...Protection.pdf
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That helps thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Broken Rear Fender is NOT covered by BEST protection plan

Got a call today letting us know that our 2008 GS rear fender is not covered under the BEST protection. The Spyder is still covered, but not the rear fender. On the web page for BEST Protection in small print:

"Note: accessories, normal wear and maintenance items such as tires, batteries, bulbs, filters and lubricants are not covered," but it doesn't say anything about body parts.

So it looks like the rear fender is an accessory (because it doesn't fit in with items like tires, batteries, bulbs, filters and lubricants), or is it that they consider the fender falling apart "normal wear?"

We are going to have to think about this for awhile. I'm not sure if I need that accessory because the 2 rear fender supports are $50.00 each plus I will need all new bolts and nuts, because of the normal wear and tear on them from the rear tire throwing things up against them.

2011-08-09 and 08-10 Andrews AFB & Wash. DC 06011.jpg2011-08-09 and 08-10 Andrews AFB & Wash. DC 06111.jpg

I'm making this piece of Diamond Plate aluminum for mounting the license plate and license plate light.

2011-09-02 Spyder 0031.jpg2011-09-02 Spyder 0071.jpg

Has anyone else had similar experience with the BEST warranty for this problem? I've seen other posts about the rear fender brackets breaking, so it's obviously something that happens fairly often.

Spyder Garage

That doesn't make since to me. Can they tell you what the normal wear out time frame is for a rear finder? Gimme a freaking break BRP. Can't fix stupid. I would call customer service and ask them if the fender and brackets are a normal wear and tear item, because your thinking of buying a Spyder and just heard of issues with the rear fenders?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

Had the same problem with my 2008 rs.Dealer told me not covered by best extended warranty. Give Carlos a call.or email.worked for me.