Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vegaspearlbaby View Post
    Was great to meet SpyDeb, HessTX and YouBet last night. Hope to be able to ryde with you sometime soon! - Sarah
    I'm looking forward to it... Yes nice, but unfortunately a very short meeting last night. Our little group is growing... Let's add some more!!!
    Forty-Six down; four to go... I gotta do some ryding.

Today is more like it is now than it has ever been before.

Spyder Garage

Had a great time last night. Here is my latest post hope you guys will let me know the next time you ride.
    http://spydeb.blogspot.com/2011/04/t...r-meet-up.html
    SPYDEB

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydeb View Post
    Had a great time last night. Here is my latest post hope you guys will let me know the next time you ride.
    http://spydeb.blogspot.com/2011/04/t...r-meet-up.html
    Deb... I love your blogspot...

Registered Users Vegaspearlbaby's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Really? I've only got 3000 miles on the clock so far

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up North Texas Spyder Ryders

Hello everyone. My wife and I have been trying to connect with other Spyder Ryders in the area of DFW and have had a tough time doing so. I sent Lamonster a message and he gave me this link to try and spread the word about the new North Texas Spyder Ryders website. I created a group within BRP and no one ever responds or there is a hickup on the site itself. Just to tough to form a group and to mae it easy for connection with others. A new, better organized website has been created for ease of conenction with other Spyder owners in North Texas and all surrounding cities. Please visit the site and join.

Our goal is to form a more organized connection of Spyder friends and organize solid enoyable rdies. Please sign up as a member at the new site listed below. I am an officer of another regular bike club but want to create a greater presence with more Spyders on our regular rides or just rides for Spyder owners. (I am the passenger now as I have lost most of my eye sight due to a brain tumor-but my wonderful wife kept me riding because of my love of riding (previous Harley rider and kept sneaking out to ride)-yes have a great story to tell). If this hurdle in life didn't stop me then it shouldn't stop you either. let's Ride! I have created this for you, so that we are all connected, organized and can better form enjoyable safe Spyder rides.
    Here is the club website: http://www.NorthTexasSpyderRyders.com

*I have it also set up so that all members can post some ideas for future rides.

Love to hear from you.

Have a great Day and God Bless.

Larry "Eagle Eye" Corrales and Tamara "the Ninja" Corrales

**I hope we connect..I have been trying to connect with other Spyder's for some time and extending my hand to this organized group. Let's Ride!

Orbital Blue RT-S SE5 SPYDY, al reflectors and some lights have been converted to full functioning lights, back trunk with custom bar and brake light, replaced exhaust with two brothers platinum pipe, added chrome spider web design to radiator covers, Black Widow Highway pegs, full neon lights with remote, underneath. Gorilla remote alarm and special paint of ghosted spider on front trunk. Loaded with everything. About to change the lower panels from grey to the chrome plus pegs.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-17-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
    Hello everyone. My wife and I have been trying to connect with other Spyder Ryders in the area of DFW and have had a tough time doing so. I sent Lamonster a message and he gave me this link to try. I created a group within BRP and no one ever responds and though the effort was dead until I found this.

We would love to organize more rides and I am an officer of another regular bike club but we have riders of all types and would like all of you to show your love of the Spyder and register for some our events and ride with us as we are Spyder Ryders as well (RT-S SE5)(I am the passenger now as I have lost most of my eye sight due to a brain tumor-bt my wonderful wife kept me riding because of my love of riding-yes have a great story to tell). One major ride is this Saturday and we are calling it the Piney Woods Ride, which is a nice ride through East Texas with a great group that loves to ride and great to be around. We even have road captains and such- pretty organized.

Here is the club website: http://www.SOTTX.com/Events

I hope we connect..I have been trying to connect with other Spyder's for some time and extending my hand to this organized group i am part of and just ride.

Hope to hear from you.

Let's Ride!

Larry "Eagle Eye" Corrales
    Orbital Blue RT-S SE5 SPYDY, al reflectors and some lights have been converted to full function, replaced exhaust with two brothers platinum pipe, added chrome spider web design to radiator covers, Black Widow Highway pegs, Trunk add on with brake light, full neon lights with remote. Gorilla remote alarm and special paint of ghosted spider on front trunk. Loaded with everything. About to change the lower panels from grey to the chrome plus pegs.
    Larry... You're not the first to try and get something going among the Spyders. There are several Spyders in the DFW area. I hope we can come to the point where we can have our own club, but being honest, kinda like you, I've found that it is easier for present, to join in with another club(s) that appreciates us, have similar interests, and ride in the local area.

For the last year some of us has been joining the Two Wheel Texans rides (http://www.twtex.com/?). They have a forum site with "Upcoming Rides." We have basically centered in on rides close to where we live. You will find that there are several regular rides, usually on week nights. Of course there are those on weekends too. There is a regular breakfast meeting at the Blue Hangar Restaurant each Saturday at Northwest Regional Airport, Roanoke, TX.

I've attended rides with the TWT Johnson and Tarant County riders. I guess it depends on how far you are willing to ride and when. DFW is a huge area. For myself, I prefer to ride in the boonies (home is in Granbury), my weekends are often cluttered, and I do like to ride at night.

I have several e-mail addys for Spyder Ryders and try to keep them appraised of upcoming rides, again mostly with TWT. We usually meet up somewhere in the Hood, Parker, Johnson County areas and ride to meet up with the TWTs. For instance if you look at their website I mentioned, there is a ride of the Johnson County folks to Godley and the Taco del Norte restaurant. As of this evening they have not zeroed in on Thr or Fri of next week. (Their regular meeting is on the 3rd Thr of each month at 7:30.) The restaurant closes at 7:00 on Thr and 8:00 on Fri, so my vote is for Friday, but no action on exact time yet. Anyway... That's it from my perspective. Please feel to join us if you want. Also, I appreciate any comments...

Cheers,

Spyder Garage

Is anyone in the area planning on ryding this weekend?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well I am picking up my bike today so maybe in future I can join in lol

Spyder Garage

Hess - John and I rode 2-up out to Chalk Mountain about a month ago. Had rydden down to Hico and had dinner there in old town. It was a pretty ryde, full moon and all that. Didn't see any critters though...

with you about ryding in large groups, would rather just be 6 or so maxiumum - but you may want to ryde out in front of me, as we just put the Two Brothers on "Pearl" Woooo! that's one noisy biatch hehehe
    Last edited by Vegaspearlbaby; 05-25-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up FORMING AN ORGANIZED NORTH TEXAS SPYDER RYDER GROUP

Hello everyone.
    It seems we found a better place to find like minded Spyder Ryders. We have been looking for some time. Some of you we have already spoken to. We have a great ride on June 18th and it is a Fathers Day Ride to try some great Ribeye Steaks. See posted event at our club website (I am an officer and webmaster here) that we can use for now to keep organized and in contact. http://www.SOTTX.com/Events Register for this event and just show yourself as a Spyder Ryder and referral from me Or you can fill out a form and become a Rounder (not a member if you like). A Rounder just means you don't want membership and just want to ride on ocassion http://www.sottx.com/Application . If you apply for either, make sure you type in the Organization section SPYDER RYDER and that you are my referral. I have the tools on this site to keep us connected and informed and I am the webmaster and officer of this motorcycle ministry. This will connect you/us to events coming up in our area and any other communication for us in North Texas. It's just about time we ride with more Spyders than just Harleys and wanta be Harleys. LOL. We already draw crowds when we ride our Spyder..what if we had a Spyder web of riders....!We are down to earth and just love to ride. We are Christians, Professionals, know how to have fun and love to ride and know what respect and honor is all about as I am a disabled Vet and retired Air Force and wife wokrs for the DOD. We love our Spyder RT-S and hope we all get together. We ride every week (try hole in the walls Sat. mornings until 1ish or 2ish). I may eventually create our own website for the newly forming North Texas Spyder Ryders....for now lets try this. be organized gives more of a conenction and find oursleves being happier riding with Spyder groups too. We are extending our hand to you!!!! Lets talk about it... Larry Corrales

******Check out the new site I created for us or we can use my existing clubs website too.

Here is the site for all of you Spyder Ryders in North Texas and surrounding cities

North Texas Spyder Ryders
    http://www.NorthTexasSpyderRyders.com

Larry and Tamara

Orbital Blue RT-S SE5 SPYDY, al reflectors and some lights have been converted to full function, replaced exhaust with two brothers platinum pipe, added chrome spider web design to radiator covers, Black Widow Highway pegs, Trunk add on with brake light, full neon lights with remote. Gorilla remote alarm and special paint of ghosted spider on front trunk. Loaded with everything. About to change the lower panels from grey to the chrome plus pegs.
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-17-2011 at 04:47 AM. Reason: left our important info

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up FOR NOW USE THIS WEBSITE FOR KEEPING CONENCTED

Like I said on the last posting. Let's use the existing tools of our existing bike club (I am an officer and webmaster of)and use this very organized system to stay in touch and keep connected for rides and events plus it keeps a head count and just totally organized- a central location for us to go to, to connect to other Spyders in North Texas and surrounding cities (the BRP site just does not have what we need).

Become a Rounder- occasion rider
    http://www.sottx.com/Application

Become a member of the Sons Of Thunder -actaul member
    http://www.sottx.com/Application

Or just register as a non-member for Events/Rides
    http://www.sottx.com/Events

Other option:
    Check out the new site I created for us or we can use my existing clubs website too.

Here is the site for all of you Spyder Ryders in North Texas and surrounding cities

Love to hear some feed back as I create this for us all.

I feel a huge need for this organization. A group like us, that is growing, needs this. Or if communication falls apart and nothing organized, then people start riding alone because of disorganization or flying by the seat of thier pants. Let's form up.....Texas Spyder Ryders are coming....

Let's Ride!
    Larry "Eagle Eye" Corrales

Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-17-2011 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Left out important info

Spyder Garage

I has started riding with Sothern Cruisers Riding Club. Very welcoming group of good people. They usually have one weekend ride a month, meetup and have a dinner ride each Tuesday and go greet the returning troops once or twice a month. No cost for membership, just need to participate once a month. They have a web site and forum to stay connected.

If everyone will keep posting attemted get togethers here I will join in when possible...just don't see the need to be part of two groups unless one is exclusively Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TCTexas View Post
    If everyone will keep posting attemted get togethers here I will join in when possible...just don't see the need to be part of two groups unless one is exclusively Spyders.
    I kinda agree with TC on this one. I think it's "what floats your boat."

I'm over 70. I did all that non-stop stuff coast to coast. I'm over it! I like riding at night or at least when it is cool. Sometimes hard to find here in North Texas. I like to ride in the boonies, and basically stay away from riding in the big cities and on the Interstates. I don't like riding in large crowds and with people I don't know their riding style. I like rides that are relatively short and at most a day ride out and back so that I can sleep in my own bed.

I got an invite to ride with the "Two Wheel Texans" sometime about a year or more ago. For most part they have meet and greet activities broken down somewhat by county. They are very loosely connected mostly by their website. No dues, no commitments. Occasionally they will have a day ride or something like that and I join in maybe a few times a year. Otherwise I like the couple times a month ride out to a restaurant in the Western Counties.

Iffn' a strictly Spyder Ryders group comes about, please keep me in mind. I'm up for that! Until then, look for me out here somewhere in the boonies.

Cheers,

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up North Texas Spyder Ryders forming an organized group

Check out the new site I created for us or we can use my existing clubs website too.

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-17-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I has started riding with Sothern Cruisers Riding Club. Very welcoming group of good people. They usually have one weekend ride a month, meetup and have a dinner ride each Tuesday and go greet the returning troops once or twice a month. No cost for membership, just need to participate once a month. They have a web site and forum to stay connected.

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by YOUBET View Post
    I kinda agree with TC on this one. I think it's "what floats your boat."

I'm over 70. I did all that non-stop stuff coast to coast. I'm over it! I like riding at night or at least when it is cool. Sometimes hard to find here in North Texas. I like to ride in the boonies, and basically stay away from riding in the big cities and on the Interstates. I don't like riding in large crowds and with people I don't know their riding style. I like rides that are relatively short and at most a day ride out and back so that I can sleep in my own bed.

I got an invite to ride with the "Two Wheel Texans" sometime about a year or more ago. For most part they have meet and greet activities broken down somewhat by county. They are very loosely connected mostly by their website. No dues, no commitments. Occasionally they will have a day ride or something like that and I join in maybe a few times a year. Otherwise I like the couple times a month ride out to a restaurant in the Western Counties.

Iffn' a strictly Spyder Ryders group comes about, please keep me in mind. I'm up for that! Until then, look for me out here somewhere in the boonies.

Cheers,

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Sounds Great but also developing this for us:

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara

Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-17-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Hess - John and I rode 2-up out to Chalk Mountain about a month ago. Had rydden down to Hico and had dinner there in old town. It was a pretty ryde, full moon and all that. Didn't see any critters though...

with you about ryding in large groups, would rather just be 6 or so maxiumum - but you may want to ryde out in front of me, as we just put the Two Brothers on "Pearl" Woooo! that's one noisy biatch hehehe

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-17-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arvoaussie View Post
    Well I am picking up my bike today so maybe in future I can join in lol

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-17-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Is anyone in the area planning on ryding this weekend?

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Larry... You're not the first to try and get something going among the Spyders. There are several Spyders in the DFW area. I hope we can come to the point where we can have our own club, but being honest, kinda like you, I've found that it is easier for present, to join in with another club(s) that appreciates us, have similar interests, and ride in the local area.

For the last year some of us has been joining the Two Wheel Texans rides (http://www.twtex.com/?). They have a forum site with "Upcoming Rides." We have basically centered in on rides close to where we live. You will find that there are several regular rides, usually on week nights. Of course there are those on weekends too. There is a regular breakfast meeting at the Blue Hangar Restaurant each Saturday at Northwest Regional Airport, Roanoke, TX.

I've attended rides with the TWT Johnson and Tarant County riders. I guess it depends on how far you are willing to ride and when. DFW is a huge area. For myself, I prefer to ride in the boonies (home is in Granbury), my weekends are often cluttered, and I do like to ride at night.

I have several e-mail addys for Spyder Ryders and try to keep them appraised of upcoming rides, again mostly with TWT. We usually meet up somewhere in the Hood, Parker, Johnson County areas and ride to meet up with the TWTs. For instance if you look at their website I mentioned, there is a ride of the Johnson County folks to Godley and the Taco del Norte restaurant. As of this evening they have not zeroed in on Thr or Fri of next week. (Their regular meeting is on the 3rd Thr of each month at 7:30.) The restaurant closes at 7:00 on Thr and 8:00 on Fri, so my vote is for Friday, but no action on exact time yet. Anyway... That's it from my perspective. Please feel to join us if you want. Also, I appreciate any comments...

Cheers,
    I appreciate this information: But want to try. I am part of a very organized grup that has more than two events a month and also forming apsecific site for Spyder Ryders only. Please review this site I am working on.

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

We are very intersted in this as I am a Disabled Retired Vet

By the way here is the sie I have been developing for this group to easily communicate better

Have a great week.

Larry and Tamara
    Last edited by Eagle Eye; 06-17-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Cheers,

Please post any rides you think are good at http://www.MeetUp.com/NorthtexasSpyderRyders

Spyder Garage

Just joined lets ryde our s
    SPYDEB