Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XM Satellite

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
    I also wanted to upgrade to the Zumo 665 from the standard 660 However, while reading the Garmin website, I discovered that although the 660 and 665 mounts look identical, they aren't, and the 665 won't work on the RT's mount.
    I believe it will if you change the cable.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Mounted a 665

I mounted a 665 so it is high up. I need to clean up the hole from behind the power plug where I spliced into it. I had the dealer remove the two additional gauges from my RT and install a voltmeter, and cigarette lighter plug(used the cover available from BRP) when I purchased it. I ran the wire up the right side and into the rear trunk and am using the aux. plug for sound (I may get the actual plug and use that at some point). I struggled with where to put the large XM antenna and decided to put it in the glove box-I had already torn up the insert when I initially installed an XM unit in there. Again, I may order a new insert so it looks neater. The reception is good for both XM and XM weather and traffic, and I can easily use the XM controls on the 665.IMG_0286.jpgIMG_0287.jpgIMG_0288.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default XM Radio Programming

I'm new to the forum so please bear with me. I just got a BRP XM install on my 2014 RT. It plays just fine, but I have no idea how to program it. I can press the right button and it will go up to whatever number I stop at whether it's the one I want or not as it moves very fast. If I try to go backwards or forwards one or two numbers, it automatically goes back to channel 1 and I have to start all over again. I realize this isn't going to work the same as it does in my car, but this current method is not good. I've googled a bunch and this is the only forum that seems to have anyone talking about it ever, but the last post was over 2 years ago. And I can't seem to find a manual anywhere that talks about how to program this if it's even possible. Has anyone found a way to program this radio yet and if so, how?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default sirius xm

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    This is slightly off topic as it pertains to a non-BRP/Sirius conversion that I did.

I have a lifetime subscription to Sirius and I wanted to be able to use my SR-50 on the Spyder.
    Here's what I did.
    1. Mounted a conventional Sirius antenna on top of the rear luggage rack.
    2. Treated the SR-50 as an AUX MP3 Player. This allows me to control the volume via the radio controls.
    3. Installed a cheap IR repeater in the glovebox and rear trunk where the SR-50 lives. This enables me to change stations and settings with the remote control as the SR-50 gives audio feedback (It announces the channels, settings etc).

That's it.
    I've only lost the signal on long bridges & tunnels.
    I did pretty much the same thing with the exception of the remote. Mine stays on the same channel pretty much, and I just change it when I stop for gas if I feel the need.

Spyder Garage

Personally, if for music, I just don't get paying for XM.

My iPod has 8 days of music on it and the songs repeat a lot less often then any XM station.
    Save the $$$ and possible headaches and get an iPod.
    You'll always have your music the way you want it

No library, no problem. Connect Phone and run Pandora or equivalent.

AJ
    2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Default XM Satellite

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinLV View Post
    Personally, if for music, I just don't get paying for XM.

My iPod has 8 days of music on it and the songs repeat a lot less often then any XM station.
    Save the $$$ and possible headaches and get an iPod.
    You'll always have your music the way you want it

No library, no problem. Connect Phone and run Pandora or equivalent.

AJ
    That doesn't solve my problem as I already bought and had the dealership install the XM. I've been an XM member for 5 years (have it in my car). I also can use the ipod portion of my iPhone which I've been doing. But I like some aspects of XM which is why I wanted it on the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Default XM Satellite

Quote Originally Posted by rays hell View Post
    I did pretty much the same thing with the exception of the remote. Mine stays on the same channel pretty much, and I just change it when I stop for gas if I feel the need.
    That would be great if I had this SR-50 thing. However, I bought and had installed an XM from BRP so I can't do what y'all are talking about. The XM folks are no help because it isn't one of their radios. Trying to call BRP to see if they have a users manual since it's their variation of XM. I was just hoping someone had already gotten this figured out.

Spyder Garage

Default xm radio

My 2014 rtl came with quick reference booklet that covers command center and infotainment center. It shows am/fm radio,ipod,xm radio and cb.
    I was able to store some preset numbers on the xm radio. Check your paperwork. I didn't know that I had it.

steve

Spyder Garage

Default XM Satellite

Quote Originally Posted by smay137 View Post
    My 2014 rtl came with quick reference booklet that covers command center and infotainment center. It shows am/fm radio,ipod,xm radio and cb.
    I was able to store some preset numbers on the xm radio. Check your paperwork. I didn't know that I had it.

steve
    My booklet shows the same, but nothing for the XM. I called XM and BRP both of whom said they had no info and to contact the dealer. So the next non-rainy day that I don't have Granddad/Kid duty I'll go back to them so they can tell me they don't know or they do know how to program this thing.

How did you store numbers on your XM?

Spyder Garage

Default xm radio

send me your email and I can send piture of the xm section .

smay137@yahoo.com

steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smay137; 04-27-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default XM Satellite

I have found the solution. Seems the dealership has access to a dealership only forum provided by BRP. So my guy did a look up and found the solution to the problem.

I asked them if it was okay to share the pages and they said yes, as long as I hid the link which I have done. Good luck folks. It's working like a champ for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

So now the 64K question!
    Why is this not in the Owners Manual - lol

Good info and although I do not have or plan an XM, saved for future reference!

AJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Centaur546 View Post
    I have found the solution. Seems the dealership has access to a dealership only forum provided by BRP. So my guy did a look up and found the solution to the problem.

I asked them if it was okay to share the pages and they said yes, as long as I hid the link which I have done. Good luck folks. It's working like a champ for me.

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coastrider View Post
    I also wanted to upgrade to the Zumo 665 from the standard 660 However, while reading the Garmin website, I discovered that although the 660 and 665 mounts look identical, they aren't, and the 665 won't work on the RT's mount.
    You are correct, the Garmin harness that comes with the RT although has the XM puck mating connector cable and will allow you to plug in the puck cable it will not work on that harness. I wanted to be able to swap my 665 from my Gold Wing to my RT to listen to XM, I purchased 665 harness from Garmin and swapped out harness assemblies, plugged in the puck and did a signal refresh. I can now move the 665 between bikes.

BUT, as mentioned above the 665 has priority over the intercom and CB Radio so I can not talk to my wife over the intercom or hear our friends talking to us on the CB with the XM radio playing. So when traveling with my wife or friends with CBs I use my iPod.

Spyder Garage

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Centaur546 View Post
    I'm new to the forum so please bear with me. I just got a BRP XM install on my 2014 RT. It plays just fine, but I have no idea how to program it. I can press the right button and it will go up to whatever number I stop at whether it's the one I want or not as it moves very fast. If I try to go backwards or forwards one or two numbers, it automatically goes back to channel 1 and I have to start all over again. I realize this isn't going to work the same as it does in my car, but this current method is not good. I've googled a bunch and this is the only forum that seems to have anyone talking about it ever, but the last post was over 2 years ago. And I can't seem to find a manual anywhere that talks about how to program this if it's even possible. Has anyone found a way to program this radio yet and if so, how?

Thanks
    We are having the same problem have you found out anything?

Spyder Garage

Default xm radio

check post 36 and 37.

steve

Spyder Garage

steve
    My 2014RTS-SE6 came with the same quick reference booklet also, I agree check your paperwork. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default sat gps install

ok I don't like the idea of paying money for every vehicle I own so in my second year of owning a spyder I am going to do the same with my bike as my car and big truck at work one radio radio dock in every vehicle am going to install a dock on the spyder with some mounts from ram same with my gps am looking at putting antenna on the trunck with a neat little device that will only allow the sat signal through set your sat on a channel then hit search on the stereo it will pick up the sat program that into presets all set you can also do this with your helmet set I have sena 20 anyway this is my plan will let you know how it works has worked on my other bikes

Spyder Garage

Default XM radio

Where does the main part of the xm radio unit from BRP mount? Could someone email me a copy of the installation instructions? To: donrokon@yahoo.com

Spyder Garage

Default Thank's Smay, copied the PDF and took it to bike - worked great!

send me your email and I can send piture of the xm section .

smay137@yahoo.com

steve
    mm

Spyder Garage

Three portable docking stations and one Sirius XM head. Move the head from vehicle to vehicle (I can only drive one at a time) and I have XM radio in all vehicles and pay only one subscription.