Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

budroquick release
    has anyone installed a utopia back rest with the quick release connector ? is so please post your experience & opinion---Thanks Budro
    My friend and I ordered the the utopia backrest with the quick out option. We got them on December 5th. My hubby installed mine in about 2 hours and 30 minutes of that was me saying..."are you sure that is where you need to cut?"

The next day he installed my friends.

One of the differences is that with the quick out, you do not get a "boot" to stick down as a guide to cut the seat with. We just used silver tape and made sure our measurements were right and put down the tape as a "boot" to cut between. This worked great.

The backrest looks like it came with the bike. New years eve was the first time I got to do more than a 30 minute ride with it. It made a huge difference to comfort. Best mod I've done.

Like the quick out, as when I drive and hubby is passenger...lets just say he needs more room than what is available with the backrest there.

We just pull the rest out, put it in the side bag and away we go. Absolutely love it.

Hope this helps.
    Leslie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dustybell View Post
    My friend and I ordered the the utopia backrest with the quick out option. We got them on December 5th. My hubby installed mine in about 2 hours and 30 minutes of that was me saying..."are you sure that is where you need to cut?"

One of the differences is that with the quick out, you do not get a "boot" to stick down as a guide to cut the seat with. We just used silver tape and made sure our measurements were right and put down the tape as a "boot" to cut between. This worked great.

The backrest looks like it came with the bike. New years eve was the first time I got to do more than a 30 minute ride with it. It made a huge difference to comfort. Best mod I've done.

Like the quick out, as when I drive and hubby is passenger...lets just say he needs more room than what is available with the backrest there.

We just pull the rest out, put it in the side bag and away we go. Absolutely love it.

Hope this helps.
    Leslie
    When we went last November up to Searcy/North Little Rock/Heber Springs with the rest of the AR Spyderlovers, we meet with many interested ryders asking about the backrest since mine had it. Where you in that group?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default thanks

thanks for the info----Budro

Hope this helps.
    Leslie

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    I do not not fret about water leaking into the seat from this area. I have been in countless rain storms and washed the RT many times without problem. Prior to having a Utopia for the RT I ran one on a Goldwing with zero issues. The backrest pouch shields this area, but even when I removed the backrest and ran in the rain I never experienced any signs of water seepage through the area covered by the Utopia grommet.

However, if you have a concern about water seepage you could caulk this area with flexible, waterproof silicone or maybe place a rubber grommet/gasket over your bar for extra insurance. Whatever alleviates your concern is the best thing to do.
    Good to know, thanks NorthStar!

Spyder Garage

Default Utopia backrest

Because of all the good reviews I ordered mine yesterday. Delivery scheduled for Jan 23.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    When we went last November up to Searcy/North Little Rock/Heber Springs with the rest of the AR Spyderlovers, we meet with many interested ryders asking about the backrest since mine had it. Where you in that group?
    Yes. I was with the group that met up with you all at Quitman. I had the Blue RT-S and my husband rode the orange street glide.

It was really nice meeting you and thanks for answering our questions on your highway pegs and backrest. It helped to be able to see one and how great they look. We ordered ours the next day.

Leslie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes. I was with the group that met up with you all at Quitman. I had the Blue RT-S and my husband rode the orange street glide.

It was really nice meeting you and thanks for answering our questions on your highway pegs and backrest. It helped to be able to see one and how great they look. We ordered ours the next day.

Leslie
    Always glad to help a fellow Spyderlover!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ordered mine today, thanks to reading everyones post on how well made they are and how easy it is to install.
    This is a great site everyone helps everyone and you can fine anything about your spyder on here...

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default BACK REST

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Bump... I'm in the same boat. Another member actually sent me a video on how to disassemble the seat.
    I recieved my utopia back rest today for my 2008 RS.Can"t figure out how to install.Thanks,Boots

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Moving spider!

I love your moving spider, thought it was on my screen and kept on chasing it.....

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    I've had both and I don't believe it will fit the Corbin. There is a 5/8" ID square tube vertically in the Corbin where the Utopia must go.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I recieved my utopia back rest today for my 2008 RS.Can"t figure out how to install.Thanks,Boots
    Although this is still a good thread, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast. I will try and find that video, but on the RS it should be easier. Good luck!

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stillriding View Post
    I have a seat bolt and a socket somewhere in the bowels of my RT!
    Me Too!!!!!!!!...I had to take the other side bolt to the hardware store and get another one close to put my seat back on