Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Fault Code P0707 ???

Got this code nultiple times this weekend, along with the "E" in the gear position indicator intermittently, and flashing "R" and "N" pilot lights.

When I got it to the dealer, the service manual didnt have this code listed, and the BUDS download showed it had not stored. I know I wasnt seein things, anyone got a clue what this code is?

Thanks in advance!

Spyder Garage

This issue has come up before, with no final answer that I am aware of. I don't believe you were seeing things. Hopefully, you can solve it. Wishing you the best of luck.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=P0707
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texmac1011 View Post
    This issue has come up before, with no final answer that I am aware of. I don't believe you were seeing things. Hopefully, you can solve it. Wishing you the best of luck.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=P0707
    Thanks!!! Maybe we can get some resolution now that there are at least 2 of us who got it. Maybe we both won the lottery or somethin and get new Spyders...LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    Thanks!!! Maybe we can get some resolution now that there are at least 2 of us who got it. Maybe we both won the lottery or somethin and get new Spyders...LOL
    LittleJohn you need to see Skeetshooter's post its the same code you got

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Littlejohn, in my manual I see 2 listings for PO730, which is the next listing in the manual where PO707 would be found. Is it possible that the first PO730 listing is a typo and should be PO707? It would seem to make sense in your case as the fault described is "Gear position sensor in invalid range". I would check this out.

Spyder Garage

Have you had the gear position sensor changed? That gave me the flashing indicator lights but no code.
    2008 SM5, F1 EvoIII slide, Hindle, Race Air Flow System, O2 Delete, Fuel Pressure Modfier, Powerbus System, BRP 6 Spoke, 12V power supply x2, 1" Handel Bar Riser, CompuStar Alarm System w/pager, Mono Seat Cover, Brake Caliper Trim, Trunk Liner, Outdoor Cover, Carbon Fiber SM5 Handelbar Inserts, Carbon Fiber Tank Knee Pads, TBR Juice Box.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Maybe we both won the lottery or somethin and get new Spyders...LOL
    Sorry, my friend, but my wife and I are going to win the next lottery and get two brand new Viper red RT-S's loaded to the gills!!!

Spyder Garage

Got this code nultiple times this weekend, along with the "E" in the gear position indicator intermittently, and flashing "R" and "N" pilot lights.

When I got it to the dealer, the service manual didnt have this code listed, and the BUDS download showed it had not stored. I know I wasnt seein things, anyone got a clue what this code is?

Thanks in advance!

Something about black wheels, I do believe.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default PO707

Hello i put a new gps in did the same thing.Went into limp mode doing about 100 went back to shop.Put it on buds said it was the sas.Been running great since last sept.So i guess it was the sas.I did put the sas in my self its a long story.Drove it back to shop to reset it.Still working.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Something about black wheels, I do believe.

Hah!!!!! Wanna buy em back! LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by skeetshooter View Post
    Hello i put a new gps in did the same thing.Went into limp mode doing about 100 went back to shop.Put it on buds said it was the sas.Been running great since last sept.So i guess it was the sas.I did put the sas in my self its a long story.Drove it back to shop to reset it.Still working.
    Thanks, Ill give the dealer a call and pass on this info when they open tomorrow., I saw on a couple Aussie forums that the gps fixed their issues on this one.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Neez View Post
    Littlejohn, in my manual I see 2 listings for PO730, which is the next listing in the manual where PO707 would be found. Is it possible that the first PO730 listing is a typo and should be PO707? It would seem to make sense in your case as the fault described is "Gear position sensor in invalid range". I would check this out.
    I saw that too. Ill look at it again tonight and point it out to the dealer so they can ask BRP about it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
    Have you had the gear position sensor changed? That gave me the flashing indicator lights but no code.
    Nope, not yet, but Ill bet thats in my future! LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks in advance!

Guess what came back with a vengeance this weekend on my trip back from Austin.

Spyder Garage

Standard code for leprechauns?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Guess what came back with a vengeance this weekend on my trip back from Austin.

This is not good news LJ. As you know I replaced my GPS for the same reason last week with no improvement in dash display. WORRIED as due to going touring in 10 days.

Did it go into limp mode?
    Last edited by Freddy; 05-09-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

I read the info in this link which is the one LJ refers to I think.

http://www.ozspyderryders.com/index.php?topic=635.0

and explained below how I replaced the GPS 5 days ago but it still showed the gear display changing with the new GPS.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t=21441&page=2

Now I 've read where removing the key 'resets' something - it's been out of the ignition for a few days now. So I just took Spyder for a 30 min fast ryde and all is now as it should be - no changing gear display. Curious?

For the hour and a half that it took me to fit the new GPS last week, the key was in the ignition switch. I then took it for a test ride and found that the issue was not fixed, but yet is OK today. Curiouser?

So, I'm somewhat relieved but will go for a longer ryde in the next day or two, to be sure.

My question is - is there a reset thing which happens when the key is removed for a period of time?
    Last edited by Freddy; 05-10-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    This is not good news LJ. As you know I replaced my GPS for the same reason last week with no improvement in dash display. WORRIED as due to going touring in 10 days.

Did it go into limp mode?
    No limp mode. Maybe a little rough running when the fault was present, but that could be my imagination.
    Hope a GPS fixes mine, as the dealer has already "poisoned" BRP and conditioned them say they dont intend to cover any transmission warranties due to my Pingel shifter. Guess Ill have to break out the Magnusson Moss act on em....LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Standard code for leprechauns?
    Never had this problem on my Fischer Price trike....LOL

Spyder Garage

Thanks LJ.

Hey Scotty, "My question is - is there a reset thing which happens when the key is removed for a period of time?"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    Thanks LJ.

Hey Scotty, "My question is - is there a reset thing which happens when the key is removed for a period of time?"
    I don't understand exactly how it works, or is programmed, but yes, to some extent. Removing the key and taking it away from the vehicle (for at least 15-30 seconds?) allows the cluster to reboot clean, resetting limp mode and any errors that have cleared. Active error codes on start-up will trigger limp mode again, however. This is not really a complete system reset, just a clean boot, as far as I can tell.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that Scotty. I guess that's the only plausable explanation for the odd experience I reported in the other thread after fitting the new GPS. I just got back from a 1 hour ryde and all is in order - thankkfully! Curiouser and curiouser this Spyder thing.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Update

Just to keep yall updated on my issue.
    Got a call from the Svc Manager today at the dealer, he forwarded my picture and video of the infamous P0707 fault to BRP, and they now agree Im not smokin crack. They OKd a GPOS replacement, and its now on order. They are also supposedly starting a campaign to see how the computer generated its own code that they had no idea existed...LOL

Ill let yall know what I find out.

Spyder Garage

Just to keep yall updated on my issue.
    Got a call from the Svc Manager today at the dealer, he forwarded my picture and video of the infamous P0707 fault to BRP, and they now agree Im not smokin crack. They OKd a GPOS replacement, and its now on order. They are also supposedly starting a campaign to see how the computer generated its own code that they had no idea existed...LOL

Ill let yall know what I find out.
    I still say it is leprechauns. Not sure if they are familiar with those in Quebec.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update LJ. Generated it's own code eh? ....'no idea' seems an accurate comment. They obviously don't read any of this forum to know of the misprint in the manual - or are all newbies. They must be kidding - I hope.

This is very inspiring.