Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Okay everyone,
    I sent of an email to the Cedars hotel, that is where we stayed the first time I planned this trip. They are so nice there. I have inquired as to the rates and availability for the weekend of Aug. 12, 13 & 14.

Here is a sketchy idea of what our itinerary would hold.

Friday, the 12th ride up the Lake Huron shoreline along US 23 to Mackinaw City. There could be various meeting spots along the way as we pick people up for the ride. Last year we met at our Dealer, Nord Ride. It was an easy starting place right off of I-75 just north of Flint.

We would set up another meeting time on the south east side of the Bridge, there is a parking lot there. Get some group photos with the Spyders in it and then cross over together. We would head to the hotel in St. Ignace and have free time to do whatever. We could plan a time to all head out for dinner later that evening.

Sat. We would take the scenic route and head north to Sault Ste. Marie. From there I am looking at maybe a few other spots along Lake Superior for the sake of the ride and the scenery. We would head back to St. Ignace early evening.

Sunday we would head out south along the Lake Michigan Shore line and then the Tunnel of Trees. The trip would end in Harbor Springs. From there, that would be the official end of our weekend. Everyone could take their respective routes towards home.

As I mentioned, this is all tentative and as I firm things up I will keep you posted. I am getting so excited as I plan all these things.
    if you call the Village Inn they have a backroom that sits about 40+people they will set it up for the group if you all want to eat together they have a great menu (I ride up at least twice a yr just for their whitefish) Devl and I are also going to try to make this ride...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'm going to try and make this Deb, sounds like a good ride with good people. I'll see if I can get Ron to go too. I won't be able to say for sure till the date gets a little closer but it's on my list now. Thanks for putting it together.
    Hey Lamont if you are coming and need a place to stay either before or after ride Devon and I live 20 miles north of the starting point in Bridgeport...we have two extra room your welcome to them. ( I'm still running the Valkyrie, Devl has an 08 Spyder)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I'm going to try and make this Deb, sounds like a good ride with good people. I'll see if I can get Ron to go too. I won't be able to say for sure till the date gets a little closer but it's on my list now. Thanks for putting it together.
    Lamont, that would be fantastic!! When you know for sure, we will try to get you a room close by, I think the little host motel may be sold out, but the one next door still had a couple of cabins they were offering us. Also, if you need a place the night before the start of our ride leaving Nord Ride, let me know and we will make accommodations for you and Ron. Or I see you had another offer from Rtaz too. This is going to be great.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This sounds like a great ride. It's way too far away for me to make it but I wish I could. I got so hungry reading the menu from the Legs Inn that I had to go make me a peanut butter sandwich. I don't know how you could ever make a choice with a menu like that.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTaz View Post
    if you call the Village Inn they have a backroom that sits about 40+people they will set it up for the group if you all want to eat together they have a great menu (I ride up at least twice a yr just for their whitefish) Devl and I are also going to try to make this ride...
    Thanks for the input, I may see what is available for that Friday night when we all arrive. Would love to have you guys join us.

I just checked out their menu, I think we have a winner for Friday night dinner. I will be calling them tomorrow and see if we can hold the back room for dinner about 6:30 pm on Friday. Great tip. Thanks so much.
    Last edited by dltang; 05-30-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

I think I would like to do this. I most likely would come alone though. If the sun is shinning I will never get Connie away from the pool.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    I think I would like to do this. I most likely would come alone though. If the sun is shinning I will never get Connie away from the pool.
    Would love to have you join us. It will be a great time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is turning into a mini Cuba.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Default Motel Info

Hey Everyone, here is some updated Motel info for this ride. It appears we are getting quite a group for this. I am so excited.

The Cedars, our host motel is booked. The back up is next door and is called the Northernaire their number is 906-643-8704. There are two motels across the street from our motel and they are the Pines 906-643-9250 and the Bear Cove 906-643-8910. I don't know anything about these other places but I wanted to give some alternatives. Also The Village Inn (where we are having dinner on Friday) has a hotel and said they are great rooms and would love to have us there as well. Village Inn phone is 906-643-9511.
    Last edited by dltang; 06-02-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to Rtaz, I have tentatively booked the room for dinner on Friday night. It will be at the village Inn about 6:30 pm This way we don't all surprise some place and have to wait forever to get in and get served. Here is the link to the menu if you would like to see in advance what they have and what their prices are.
    http://www.viofmackinac.com/Assets/2...u-may-2011.pdf

I will update our list of attendees later today--List has been updated as of 15:00 on Thursday June 2, 2011.

I just got off the phone with Peter the manager of the Village Inn and said we are all set for the back room for dinner on Friday night. He is excited to have us join him and I also added his hotel as an option for places to stay in the post above.
    Last edited by dltang; 06-02-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Update on Attendees

Brian and Deb (bjt & dltang)
    Bob & Joan (RTS & Spyder810)
    Larry & Cindi (Littlebadwolf & spouse) correct me here if I am wrong please
    Dragon Snake & wife
    Dick & Janet (Trickie Dick)
    Gene (RTGene)
    Dan and Lynda (Redshooter)
    Kim (spydrluvr)
    Kevin and Jeanette (SPYD1)
    Damion
    Dan Cogan (Dancogan)-Camping
    Bob & Deveon (Rtaz & Devl)
    Lamont (Lamonster is going to try to make it and bring Ron)
    Ron (Baja Ron, if Lamont can drag him along)
    Randy & Bonnie (Rando & Bonno maybe)
    Mark (Mxz600)
    If I missed you please speak up and I will add you to the list.
    Last edited by dltang; 06-02-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Brian and Deb (bjt & dltang)
    Bob & Joan (RTS & Spyder810)
    Larry & Cindi (Littlebadwolf & spouse) correct me here if I am wrong please
    Dragon Snake & wife
    Dick & Janet (Trickie Dick)
    Gene (RTGene)
    Dan and Lynda (Redshooter)
    Kim (spydrluvr)
    Kevin and Jeanette (SPYD1)
    Damion
    Dan Cogan (Dancogan)-Camping
    Rtaz & Devl (no real names yet)
    Lamont (Lamonster is going to try to make it and bring Ron)
    Ron (Baja Ron, if Lamont can drag him along)

If I missed you please speak up and I will add you to the list.
    Bob (RTaz) and Devon (Devl) are book into the Northernaire motel for August 12-13th

Spyder Garage

Randy (Rando) and Bonnie (Bonno) = a definite maybe!