Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Talking Moonshine anyone?

I know Retread has posted this on the main forum but I thought I would add it here as well. Several of us are going on the 7th annual Moonshine Lunch run on April 9th. Here are some particulars: http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/
    Why don't you join us. It looks like about 100 mile run from out meeting point at exit 59 on I70. We'll be meeting around 9:30. Should be fun. Last time I looked, they had over 600 bikes signed up. Burgers are supposed to be the best
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

The people at Moonshine have a 4 day event planned, it starts on the 7th, check their website. I might be heading over there then to see how things are going, but on the 9th we'll be leaving Franklin (Friendship Baptist Church on Westview) by 8:30, then Flapjack's (corner of 135 and Whiteland Rd) before 9, meeting up with others at exit 59 on I-70 and going to Moonshine for the day, roughly 100 miles each way.

john

Spyder Garage

Do you have to register?

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

From what I understand, it's optional.

john

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'd really like to go, but I don't get off work until 3:30. :-( Another event missed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Do you have to register?
    Definitely optional. Come on down and go with us. Love to have you.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Do you have to register?
    Yes and No! If you are going to eat, they need a number. Send the form in prior to 4/6: http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/Register.asp

I'm planning on being there - weather permitting but I'll be on my Suzuki B-King.

Hope to see some Spyders there.
    Sam
    SN 0038 ... Dec, 2007

Spyder Garage

We'll be meeting at the Travel America truckstop at exit 59 0n I-70 around 9:30 on thr 9th.

john

Spyder Garage

Day after tomorrow, bring/wear your rainsuit!

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have a new SpyderLover joining us. Datsto will be meeting me Saturday morning and we'll see you about 9:30.
    Love my

Spyder Garage

This sounds like a fun ride, however, I cant get off of work. ( I have Tazer training ). My father will be going, taking his tricked out Arlen Ness Victory Vision. For all those going, ride safe!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    I had hoped this would be my initial run but unfortunately this won't be happining. See you at Spyderfest!
    I had noticed you had signed up. I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing your rig. It looks and sounds awesome. Oh well, Cuba
    Love my

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It was fun. Lots of bikes there from all over. I heard someone say they had served 2400 burgers and there were still people in line. I'm sure some had 2. It rained like crazy on the way over from Indy but cleared up just before we got there. I think everyone got wet no matter where you came from.
    Great burgers. Lots of interest in the Spyder. The store where they served the burgers was at an intersection and bikes were parked along the road in all four directions for probably a quarter of a mile in each direction.
    It was definitely an event. Good burgers and I will go again next year..
    Love my

Spyder Garage

I have to run my pics through two computers to get them to post, didn't get as many as I would like, but there'll be enough to give an idea.
    Heavy rain from central IN to just past the state line, first time in over 50 years of riding the inside of my helmet got wet! We'll be heading back later this year, the burgers are worth the ride.
    Estimates of around 2000 bikes, and 3000 riders/passengers, counted 7 Spyders. Even with the rain, a really good day.

john