Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default A couple of ideas for some MI rides.

Hey MI SpyderLovers. I was thinking that Sat. April 9th we could plan on that Gizzard City lunch meet that was discussed a little bit ago. Joe's Gizzard City in Potterville, MI near Lansing. Anyone maybe interested? We could meet up, eat lunch, get to know each other and then head out for a little ride before we all head back to our respective corners of the state.

Also, May 1st is the Rally at Battle Alley in Holly, MI. That is a Sunday and would make for a nice afternoon meet up. That isn't all the far from my house so I will more than likely head that way no matter what but would love it if some other SpyderLovers joined in.

bjt and I also will be planning on two trips this summer and will let you know the date as we firm them up ourselves. We will be doing the Tunnel of Trees for sure and we would like to do another Three Great Lakes in Three Great Days, like we did the first year we had our Spyders. Here is a small thread talking about it back in summer of 2008. Not a lot of info but we did get a nice little crowd for the first year. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...eat+Lakes+Days

I will see if I can find some photos of some of our previous rides in these areas. I'll post them as I find them.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Will be attending most rides that are set up in Michigan...BTW....Medic1 has a post in the forums on a poker run in Swartz Creek on the 23rd of April, sponsored by the AMVETS that Cindi and & will be attending. This would be a nice function to attend. Here's a link that was posted for this run...
    Spring Poker Run for a good cause - SpyderLovers.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Hey MI SpyderLovers. I was thinking that Sat. April 9th we could plan on that Gizzard City lunch meet that was discussed a little bit ago. Joe's Gizzard City in Potterville, MI near Lansing. Anyone maybe interested?...
    That sounds good to me. My better half will be visiting grandkids in Chicago that weekend so she won't be along, but I'd love to at least be able to meet for lunch. I'd probably have to head home from there to take care of the dogs, but it would be great to start out the riding season with some other Spyder lovers.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    Will be attending most rides that are set up in Michigan...BTW....Medic1 has a post in the forums on a poker run in Swartz Creek on the 23rd of April, sponsored by the AMVETS that Cindi and & will be attending. This would be a nice function to attend. Here's a link that was posted for this run...
    Spring Poker Run for a good cause - SpyderLovers.com
    I remember seeing this and I think I am going to try to make it as well. That is the Sat. before we leave for Cuba. It will be a nice ride I think.

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    That sounds good to me. My better half will be visiting grandkids in Chicago that weekend so she won't be along, but I'd love to at least be able to meet for lunch. I'd probably have to head home from there to take care of the dogs, but it would be great to start out the riding season with some other Spyder lovers.
    Ok, Let's make it an official lunch then. How does a 13:00 meeting time sound?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe and I will go to Gizzard City.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Joe and I will go to Gizzard City.
    Alright!! We have our first official MI meet up. April 9th at Joe's Gizzard City in Potterville at 13:00 for lunch. bjt and I will both be there on our Spyder's.

We are supposed to be hitting the 50's for weather by next Sat. so it will be a nice ride.

Spyder Garage

...Ok, Let's make it an official lunch then. How does a 13:00 meeting time sound?
    That sounds good to me. It will be about a 2 hour ride on back roads for me, so that will work well.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Aren't you in MO May 1 for SpyderFest?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hi Spyder Riders...just thought I would mention that for many years my wife and I have been riding with the Michigan Valkyrie Riders Club...now I know alot of folks like to stay exclusive to their type of motorcycle group and that's okay...(my wife Devl has a Spyder I have 3 Valkyries)...anyway this is a very good group of folks that really welcome all bikes they don't care what you ride just that you ride...they are not a bunch of bar hoppers they actually organize great day and weekenders...they have a forums and all are welcome to check it out...http://forums.mivrcc.com/

I will post some of their events here if that's okay...personally I think it would be great to see a bunch of Spyders show up at one of BBQ's or day rides...maybe even organize a meet and greet somewhere...I feel it's always great to meet new folk's that share the same passion's...

My wife and I are both currently recovering from some surgeries (long story and not bike related) and we should be riding again we hope by May/June time frame...we really hope to hook up with the Spyder Riders...actually we have known Lamonster (one of the founders of SpyderLovers) for about 10 years.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Oh Scotty, you are right, I will be on my way home. Man, trying to stretch myself a little thin..LOL Thanks for the catch. It would still be a nice get together for folks that are here at home though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTaz View Post
    Hi Spyder Riders...just thought I would mention that for many years my wife and I have been riding with the Michigan Valkyrie Riders Club...now I know alot of folks like to stay exclusive to their type of motorcycle group and that's okay...(my wife Devl has a Spyder I have 3 Valkyries)...anyway this is a very good group of folks that really welcome all bikes they don't care what you ride just that you ride...they are not a bunch of bar hoppers they actually organize great day and weekenders...they have a forums and all are welcome to check it out...http://forums.mivrcc.com/

I will post some of their events here if that's okay...personally I think it would be great to see a bunch of Spyders show up at one of BBQ's or day rides...maybe even organize a meet and greet somewhere...I feel it's always great to meet new folk's that share the same passion's...

My wife and I are both currently recovering from some surgeries (long story and not bike related) and we should be riding again we hope by May/June time frame...we really hope to hook up with the Spyder Riders...actually we have known Lamonster (one of the founders of SpyderLovers) for about 10 years.
    That would be fun to have a BBQ together. Keep us posted on rides and events. I hope you both heal fast and am looking forward to the summer and meeting everyone.

Spyder Garage

Alright!! We have our first official MI meet up. April 9th at Joe's Gizzard City in Potterville at 13:00 for lunch. bjt and I will both be there on our Spyder's.

We are supposed to be hitting the 50's for weather by next Sat. so it will be a nice ride.
    It's only about 300 miles one way for me...i might be up for that. Driving right through Eric's neck of the woods so I may drag him along.

Weather permitting of course. You could have some snow on the roads then.

Spyder Garage

Scotty, any chance you and Nancy could make this one?
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pierrelogic View Post
    It's only about 300 miles one way for me...i might be up for that. Driving right through Eric's neck of the woods so I may drag him along.

Weather permitting of course. You could have some snow on the roads then.
    That would be great. The more the merrier.

Spyder Garage

Hey MI SpyderLovers. I was thinking that Sat. April 9th we could plan on that Gizzard City lunch meet that was discussed a little bit ago. Joe's Gizzard City in Potterville, MI near Lansing. Anyone maybe interested? We could meet up, eat lunch, get to know each other and then head out for a little ride before we all head back to our respective corners of the state.

Also, May 1st is the Rally at Battle Alley in Holly, MI. That is a Sunday and would make for a nice afternoon meet up. That isn't all the far from my house so I will more than likely head that way no matter what but would love it if some other SpyderLovers joined in.

bjt and I also will be planning on two trips this summer and will let you know the date as we firm them up ourselves. We will be doing the Tunnel of Trees for sure and we would like to do another Three Great Lakes in Three Great Days, like we did the first year we had our Spyders. Here is a small thread talking about it back in summer of 2008. Not a lot of info but we did get a nice little crowd for the first year. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...eat+Lakes+Days

I will see if I can find some photos of some of our previous rides in these areas. I'll post them as I find them.
    Hey Deb,
    I saw a post on "anyone interested in UP Michigan Ride". started reading it and it mentioned the UP ride we did 3 years ago. So check out that post and you'll see that I called Cedars Motel and reserved a room for the trip....yea, the one we did 3 years ago. So Joan and I are in for the UP ride this year, have a room reserved, just need to know dates. I guess I should start looking at the posting dates from now on. I feel so foolish

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post

Hey Deb,
    I saw a post on "anyone interested in UP Michigan Ride". started reading it and it mentioned the UP ride we did 3 years ago. So check out that post and you'll see that I called Cedars Motel and reserved a room for the trip....yea, the one we did 3 years ago. So Joan and I are in for the UP ride this year, have a room reserved, just need to know dates. I guess I should start looking at the posting dates from now on. I feel so foolish
    That is great Bob. I love it. We actually are planning on using that same motel again we just haven't picked the dates yet. Maybe this will help us make up our minds...LOL Glad to know you are in again. I can't wait to ride with you two again.

Spyder Garage

Scotty, any chance you and Nancy could make this one?
    Which one? May 1 is out for me, too, since I will be camping and working at our BMW club's annual Mini-Rally that weekend. The other days are up in the air until we get closer, due to Nancy's recent surgery. She probably won't even be riding pillion until just before Maggie Valley, and definitely not for five more weeks. I suppose I could tie a lawn chair to the bike trailer, and tow her.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Which one? May 1 is out for me, too, since I will be camping and working at our BMW club's annual Mini-Rally that weekend. The other days are up in the air until we get closer, due to Nancy's recent surgery. She probably won't even be riding pillion until just before Maggie Valley, and definitely not for five more weeks. I suppose I could tie a lawn chair to the bike trailer, and tow her.
    Not sure the lawn chair idea is so hot ... but I'd love to see it! No, I was talking about the gathering at Joe's Gizzard place in Potterville.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Not sure the lawn chair idea is so hot ... but I'd love to see it! No, I was talking about the gathering at Joe's Gizzard place in Potterville.
    I'll figure that out when we are closer. Nancy will be a no go. I might skip lunch and just ride up to say "Hi." It is less than an hour away.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

That would be great. The more the merrier.

Found pottersville , Where's joes. Is it hard to find? Any one have an address for it? Will be there if weather cooperates.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Snake View Post
    Found pottersville , Where's joes. Is it hard to find? Any one have an address for it? Will be there if weather cooperates.
    Check it out here: http://www.gizzardcity.com/
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Snake View Post
    Haven't been there before either but if you check out the website, I don't think it will be hard to find. http://www.gizzardcity.com/

Spyder Garage

Check it out here: http://www.gizzardcity.com/
    Dan you are faster than me...LOL

Spyder Garage

Dan you are faster than me...LOL
    A rare occurrence, indeed, for me to be faster than anybody!
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If the weather nice and the salt is off the roads I'm in.