Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hauling a rt

Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    the one I am looking at is an OPEN trailer.

Dimensions

• Inside dimensions: 12' x 6'2" (LxW)
    • Ramp width: 4'9"

I would have to measure the width again on the RT... But 4'9" inner width seems to small to my memory...

The problem with trailer measurements is most companies tend to tell you the outer wall or framed dimensions. Heck even my 6x10 Snake River trailer is only 5'8"x 9'7"... And we use it all the time to transport our Spyder.

One item to consider when this is all said and done. These Spyders are rather light. So they tend to walk in the bed of a trailer. You most definitely will want to heed the advise given (In one form or another) by the previous posters... And strap both front tires towards the front of the trailer angled out, and one in the rear rim going from one side to the other...

The fenders on these Spyders are the widest point, and the first item to get damaged in transportation. Unless you are me of course and noise dive your 2 minute old RT-S into the trailer ramp thinking the angle was just fine
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    the one I am looking at is an OPEN trailer.

Dimensions

• Inside dimensions: 12' x 6'2" (LxW)
    • Ramp width: 4'9"

My GS at its widest point is 4 foot 10 inches, If I'm not mistaken the RT's are quite a bit wider. ''BETTER MEASURE''

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post

My GS at its widest point is 4 foot 10 inches, If I'm not mistaken the RT's are quite a bit wider. ''BETTER MEASURE''
    the inside dimension seems ok its the smaller dimension of the ramp that will be the issue ... its 2.5" on each side too narrow. (total 5 inches too narrow). this trailer is wide open inside I don't think the trailer wheels take up any space inside. i just noticed that it looks like the rear entrance is also narrowed down .. uuugh

looks like have to find another rental solution ...

Spyder Garage

My RT would not fit in a 6x12 trailer - it needed 5 more inches…. make sure the deck is 72" or more wide.

Our local Harley dealer has a 8' wide trailer they use to pick up/deliver disabled Harleys - while it gets a lot of use, they would pick up/deliver your Spyder, for a price….. many tow companies would too.

BTW check out the chocks at Black&Grey.com - perfect for the Spyder, if you want them.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    My RT would not fit in a 6x12 trailer - it needed 5 more inches…. make sure the deck is 72" or more wide.

Our local Harley dealer has a 8' wide trailer they use to pick up/deliver disabled Harleys - while it gets a lot of use, they would pick up/deliver your Spyder, for a price….. many tow companies would too.

BTW check out the chocks at Black&Grey.com - perfect for the Spyder, if you want them.
    I really don't understand. My RT is 61.5" from the outside of the front wheel to the outside of the other. It is 62.5" from fender to fender. Wouldn't that be a bit over 5'? Why do you need a deck 72" or more wide ... or did you mean 62" ... or is the entrance to the trailer substantially narrower than the deck itself?
    Dan

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    I or is the entrance to the trailer substantially narrower than the deck itself?
    Yes.

Spyder Garage

I think the thing that confused me is that I've been looking at open trailers, the kind landscapers use. The bed of the one I'll probably buy is 64"X10', and the entrance ramp is 64" wide. I'm planning on driving the Spyder down there the first decent Saturday I can to make sure it will drive on and fit comfortably. Thanks for the explanations.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

As I said earlier in this thread, my bed is 6 feet or 72 inches wide. It is a utility type trailer like landscapers or lawn maintenance guys use. The spyder is 62 inches wide. That leaves 5 inches on each side to drive it in. I've had no problems at all getting it in.

Here's an issue that I don't think that has been addressed in this thread, but has in others regarding a trailer like mine. That is the issue of the tail gate. You MAY have problems getting up the tail gate because the nose of your spyder will hit the tail gate before the front tires do to elevate the nose.

If you'll look at the picture of my utility trailer (posted earlier) you will see that there are "jacks" on the front of the trailer to jack up the front end. That will assist in having the tail gate level itself to get the spyder on without the nose hitting.

Hope this helps. Again, though different strokes for different folks on the types of trailers.

Chris PE# 0004

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Anyone know if an RS will fit inside a Dodge Sprinter van?

The doors open so wide they fold up against the outter sides of the van/fully out of the way...

Spyder Garage

I've seen a RS in the bed of a full sized Ram PU, so it should fit. The RT will NOT fit.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stewgod View Post
    Anyone know if an RS will fit inside a Dodge Sprinter van?

The doors open so wide they fold up against the outter sides of the van/fully out of the way...
    The rear door opening is 61.6 inches for the Sprinter.
    So the GS/RS Will fit.

Spyder Garage

Default solved the hauling issue

Went and bought a new 7X14 with bike package, also windows, and vents. so now we can camp in wal-mart, can't afford motels any more. LOL
    thank for all the post, see yall in CUBA