Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default storage solutions

about to buy a 2011 rts limited checked home depot and lowes for sheds. also has any one used the cover from bike barn it is like a clam shell. problem is 62 inch width in front thanks

Registered Users ScreaminMeanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm in the same boat. Stored my motorcycle on my covered porch in the summer, but the Spyder is too wide. Looking for (not-too-expensive) options.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Build a garage?

Spyder Garage

Ypu might consider buying a used 7 by 12 trailer that you can use for bike storage, and then of course have the option to trailer the ride if you need too.. A used trailer can be pretty inexpensive compared to building any structure... I have seen them around for 750.. i know a couple of owners that are pretty happy with this approach
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I've been looking at the metal carport kits that run about $600-700.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was in the same boat as you guys , looking for storage solutions. I finally decided to cover the in the summer months using the BRP outdoor storage cover and keep covered behind fence in backyard. The dealer I purchased from will winterize and store indoors for me during the winter months. I did not want to build nor do have the room for another shed to keep in. When spring arrives I just have to pick up from dealer and ride it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    about to buy a 2011 rts limited checked home depot and lowes for sheds. also has any one used the cover from bike barn it is like a clam shell. problem is 62 inch width in front thanks
    Bike Barn has one made for the Spyder.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Bike Barn has one made for the Spyder.
    Was looking at Bike barn for too. How will the barn fair during winter months with snow . I know you would have to keep Barn clear of snow so that it would not collapse with snow load

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Ypu might consider buying a used 7 by 12 trailer that you can use for bike storage, and then of course have the option to trailer the ride if you need too.. A used trailer can be pretty inexpensive compared to building any structure... I have seen them around for 750.. i know a couple of owners that are pretty happy with this approach
    One of these trailers would handle just about any snow load and it'd also give you storage for other gear as well in a reasonably secure environment.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    One of these trailers would handle just about any snow load and it'd also give you storage for other gear as well in a reasonably secure environment.
    As well, It's what I do. If you have no intention of trailering at all, you could easily pick up something even cheaper, take off the wheels and put it up on blocks with a skirt around it for looks and end up with a great, secure garage.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

I like the trailer idea as well as the bike barn although the trailer has more uses to me .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

I'm going to go ahead and get the outdoor cover that BRP sells as a temporary thing. We've probably got enough lumber stored in our barn to build something big enough, but it can take months, if not years, to get hubby motivated to do something like that. We might have to buy some plywood/OSB for the roof/sides, but I'm pretty sure we've got enough 4x4s and 2x4s for the frame, as well as enough spare pieces of propanel for the roof.

Also have to put down enough gravel to make a driveway to it and to park it on - our mud is legendary, and I want to be able to ride whenever it's not raining, not just whenever the ground is dry! LOL

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had the Bike Barn and used it at my apartment for my HD Roadking. I bought it used and had it for 4 years before selling the bike & the bike barn. Held up great all year round in NJ, and never had to let the bike cool off before putting it away. They are easy to use and well worth the $$.

Spyder Garage

Used my TrikeBarn for two years before a change of vehicles left the Spyder with a space in the carport. It was a well made product; wonderfully simple to use. http://www.thebikebarn.net/can_am_sp...ter_cover.html
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Spyder Garage

I use a 7x12 trailer