Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Best place for Spyder service in Vegas area

I'm not real happy about my 600 mile visit to RideNow Rancho. Vegas area Spyder riders, where do you take your Spyder for service and how satisfied are ya with where ya go?

Also, anyone with a Juice Box have their Spyder in for service and have any warranty issues brought up by the dealer?

Thanks all.

Spyder Garage

I don't know what happened at ride now. We take both of ours to Pro Shops in Henderson. We live in Pahrump. John, the mechanic is very good on these Spyders. The service isn't free but I trust all they have done for our rydes including warranty work. Ridenow need a lot of training. I just dont see it. By the way, I do all my service and so far no warranty issues. Just keep a record.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

RideNow Rancho is just inexperienced. At my 600, they didn't change the transmission filter. Only reason I knew they didn't is that it wasn't listed on the invoice. When I called to ask, they said, "Oh yeah, it's OK." Oh no it's not. Given they skipped the transmission filter, I wonder what else on the 600 mile check up they didn't do.

They told me loosing grommets just happens. Despite the bulletin. I'm just not happy there. They just started carrying the Spyder this year. I'm a terrible mechanic, but at least I know what is supposed to be done. I don't think they know what is supposed to be done, and maybe they don't know how to do it either.

In their defense, they told me they would do my 3000 miler free to make up for their screw up. For the $90/hour labor and cost of oil...I'll let them do it. I'll give them one last chance.

Spyder Garage

Default My 600 mile tuen up

Just dropped off my RT for its 600 mile today. I will make sure that I go over the invoice and talk with them before I leave. Thanks for the heads up.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandrunr1 View Post
    I don't know what happened at ride now. We take both of ours to Pro Shops in Henderson. We live in Pahrump. John, the mechanic is very good on these Spyders. The service isn't free but I trust all they have done for our rydes including warranty work. Ridenow need a lot of training. I just dont see it. By the way, I do all my service and so far no warranty issues. Just keep a record.
    I too highly recommend Pro Shops in Henderson not just for service, but for prospective buyers. They put up with me window shopping and test driving for three years before I bought. And as a small, family owned business, I saw the same people there every time I went in over those three years. Absolutely zero pressure to buy. They politely answer any questions and make recommendations, but do not ever pressure you to buy anything.

Spyder Garage

Cool All Maintenance Add-ons, etc. - Proshop Motorsport & Marine, Henderson

I bought my 2010 RT Silver A&C from Proshop in Henderson. I am a very picky person when it comes to my vehicles. Not only have they taken excellent care of my RT, they have become friends. They will go out of their way to make sure you are completely satisfied. I blew a tire my first week. They were out to my house (John) in a couple of hours and fixed it and the wheel. I couldn't believe it and will never go anywhere else for service or anything else they sell or take care of in their trade.

I have had over 25 cars and bikes over the past 20 years from Harley Davidson bikes to BMW's and Jag convertibles. I have never experienced better service than from these guys. Don't even consider going anywhere else.

If you are ever looking for some graphics or a carbon fiber dash, I would recommend talking to Spyder Wraps Pete or click on the underlined words. Excellent service also and did I say I am picky ?

Tom
    Last edited by murlaw703; 03-29-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Bought my 2010 RT-AC from ProShop spring 10.Really,really nice people.Family owned(parents).One brother in charge of sales-the other charge of service & parts.Received recall notices about steering and clutch shortly after purchase.The steering notice stated it could fail and cause me to crash.The clutch stated that it could freeze when stopping,lock it in gear,and cause it to fail to start.Which it did the next day.Luckily I was in my subdivision (and not on a busy street).It did re-start after about ten minutes.Contacted Proshop about the notices. I was told the clutch was replacement parts only,and was no big deal.I was told they would overnight my old steering unit back and forth to BRP for a rebuild once my bike was in the shop. I was told told that they did this one at a time,and that this would specifically be my unit.I hadn't asked about any of this.They held up a clipboard and showed me that there were 25 or more people before me.They said they would call me when my name came up. I continued to ride. After about a month I went in there and was told that my name hadn't come up yet.A week later they called me and told me they would work on it the next day.I took off work early and took it in just prior to their closing.Before noon the next day the mechanic called and told me that it was done.When I arrived he explained the $7.50 an hour people had been let go due to the economy,and that's why they didn't wash it. I hadn't asked about this,and didn't care about a washing.
    A month is to long to wait for this type of repair/recall.
    Only other experience with them was the 600 mile service.They didn't change the transmission filter.Didn't say anything.Changed it myself later.

Best attitude when working with dealers about important things-"don't blow smoke up my ass","it'll f*** up my autposy".Anthony Hopkins to Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black
    Based on where you live I would definitely make whatever appointment you can

No experience with Ride Now Rancho
    Ride Now Boulder Highway is not a Can Am dealer.

Spyder Garage

@swspyder: so, mixed opinion, but you'd go back to ProShop?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mixed opinion.Not really.Steering could fail at any time-coming to a stop the clutch could freeze-stall/kill the motor,and the thing could lock in gear and fail to start-and I couldn't get in for a month ? I was trying to not be to nasty.As far as going back.We don't have a choice.Ride Now has a very bad internet reputation among the sport bike riders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by swspyder View Post
    Mixed opinion.Not really.Steering could fail at any time-coming to a stop the clutch could freeze-stall/kill the motor,and the thing could lock in gear and fail to start-and I couldn't get in for a month ? I was trying to not be to nasty.As far as going back.We don't have a choice.Ride Now has a very bad internet reputation among the sport bike riders.
    Okay, so long wait on the schedule for these kind of high risk recall jobs. I understand the frustration of the wait, but once it was in, they got job done quickly since you said it was done by noon the next day. I assume the repairs were done correctly, since you didn't say anything beyond that. That wait sucks, but they only have so much room to store these vehicles, and you've got every one I town needing that service done. Big question is, we're they only doing one at a time for their own reasons, or was BRP only willing to ship the parts one at a time? Manufacturers do BS like that sometimes.

I'm just saying its possible the wait was outside their control is all...