Spyder Garage

Default Places to eat in Cuba ?

Can someone recommend a few places to eat in Cuba? No chain restuarants, please. I'm looking for someplace a local would go to. Would definitely like to try the any local barbeque.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Spyder Garage

Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

The Missouri Hick BBQ is supposed to be really good. It's next door to the Wagon Wheel motel. We were in Cuba last Saturday but it was getting late and didn't get a chance to try the BBQ. However, we'll hit the place during Spyderfest.
    2011 RTL , White

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For Len: please make sure to ask the owners of the Coffee Shop if is open daily after 2 PM, Saturday and Sunday. Last year was not...no triple espresso
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
    The Missouri Hick BBQ is supposed to be really good. It's next door to the Wagon Wheel motel. We were in Cuba last Saturday but it was getting late and didn't get a chance to try the BBQ. However, we'll hit the place during Spyderfest.

Spyder Garage

Please tell me that's not potato chips and applesauce with your pulled pork.

Don't they serve beans, coleslaw, or greens?

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    For Len: please make sure to ask the owners of the Coffee Shop if is open daily after 2 PM, Saturday and Sunday. Last year was not...no triple espresso
    Why on earth would you need one of those after 2 PM?

Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe View Post

Obviously you liked the food they served at the BBQ houses while you were down here.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Places to eat in Cuba, MO

To answer some questions:

And Pit Buggy's right. They will take good care of you at Cuba Lakes. They know the Spyders are rydin in.

In the historic area downtown:

East Office Bar and Grill is down the street from the Wagon Wheel, and they have food and drinks. They run specials. Allow smoking.

If you don't mind a ride (Ha), Skippy's down Route 66 to Leasburg is a bar and grill that is open for lunch and dinner and has some good food. They have a nice covered patio. Allows smoking. They have a website.

Rock Fair Tavern is on Hwy. 19/Franklin, and they have lunch and dinner and are open every day. They have an outdoor patio. Allows smoking.

MO Hick has good BBQ. They have beans, cole slaw, baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes--no fried stuff. They also have a good salad. They have dinners and sandwiches. They are not open for breakfast. They serve beer and wine. Good to know if you are staying at the Wagon Wheel Motel next door. Open every day. Frisco's has an outdoor covered porch to eat on--upstairs and downstairs.

Frisco's where the group ate last year is good: Steak, pasta, seafood, sandwiches. Open for lunch and dinner. Not open Sun. or Monday. Have a full line of drinks and a separate bar. Frisco's has an outdoor patio with fireplace.
    No smoking in the dining room-but there is in the bar.

Gordoz is the Main Street Cafe and is down the street from Frisco's. It is open for breakfast. It is open every day for dinner and lunch. It has specials, and drinks are available. Has a smoking area. Gordoz also has an outdoor sitting area.

On Hwy. 19/Franklin The coffee place Java.net is not open Sunday. I will have to check on hours. They have light lunches, soup, sandwiches, etc. You can get specialty coffee drinks, ice cream, and chocolates here.

Visit this link www.cubamomurals.com/wordpress/2009/05/20-things-to-do-in-cuba-missouri-route-66-mural-city/ for information on things to do in Cuba, MO and links to photos of Frisco's and MO Hick. The list of things to do doesn't mention Spyderfest. We were waiting a press release or flyer before posting it.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Spydeejane; 03-18-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Addition

Spyder Garage

Wow, talk about missing the BIG picture.
    By the way I hate coleslaw and greens but beans are fine as long as you don't have a roommate.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You can always find Forrest hanging out at one of these places. I think he has them all programmed in his GPS.

Bob Evans Restaurant

Place page

3151 Phoenix Center Dr
    Washington, MO 63090-5689
    (636) 390-8800
    Get directions - Is this accurate?

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Spydeejane. That's exactly what I was looking for. Double-thanks for adding the smoking info. Living in a non-smoking state, I tend to forget about that when I travel.

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    You can always find Forrest hanging out at one of these places. I think he has them all programmed in his GPS.

Bob Evans Restaurant

LOL, I'm from Ohio, the home of Bob Evans. You can't swing a dead cat here without hitting one of his restuarants!

Certified Huligan

pitbull

Looks like Jane's got us all taken care of....don't forget cuba lakes host of spyders on the green our big game and charity event for friday night at spyderfest.....bands games and also one of the fridaynight dinner stops also on the passport stop see ya all very very soon....Doc we will have to hit the coffe place together Mo Hicks is great, Frisco's is awseome, and Gordo's are first class and got to love cuba lakes all some of our regular stop!....Cuba lakes is where the very first spyderfest group meeting began

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We are promoting the Huligans drink:
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Can someone recommend a few places to eat in Cuba? No chain restuarants, please. I'm looking for someplace a local would go to. Would definitely like to try the any local barbeque.
    Just remember that you will only have a couple of chances to go out and have dinner on your own. Most days at least one of your meals will be included in you registration ..................what a deal!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yummy and good for you too
    We are promoting the Huligans drink:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk