Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default picked up a new seat

I finally got to see Des at Ultimate Seats, and try out his new seat, I also ended up going home with it too! When we last saw him at Bike Week last year he had just purchased the spyder and was trying to figure out the seat and the best way to make it. With a bit of his wife's opinions, and mine he game out with 2 different sizes. The one his wife and I chose, sits you more forward and upright, since we are of short stature. The other mold will sit an average size person further back. The seat really holds you in with the bolsters, but allows freedom for side to side movement. Now I have only ridden a few miles with it, but it is super comfortable. I never new what the big deal about having a back rest could be. It does make quite a difference in the ride.
    Joyce
    happy owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

cool! we sent Des our RS seat . . . . can't wait to see what he's come up with! no such thing as too many options!!

Spyder Garage

Please post some pictures when you get a chance, for those of us who can't make it there. on your new seat.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The one his wife and I chose, sits you more forward and upright, since we are of short stature.

So, how short is short stature???? I'm 5 foot and 1/2 inch. would love to see Ultimate in real life...are you going to Spyders Owners Event in July in NC?

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwhatman View Post
    I finally got to see Des at Ultimate Seats, and try out his new seat, I also ended up going home with it too! When we last saw him at Bike Week last year he had just purchased the spyder and was trying to figure out the seat and the best way to make it. With a bit of his wife's opinions, and mine he game out with 2 different sizes. The one his wife and I chose, sits you more forward and upright, since we are of short stature. The other mold will sit an average size person further back. The seat really holds you in with the bolsters, but allows freedom for side to side movement. Now I have only ridden a few miles with it, but it is super comfortable. I never new what the big deal about having a back rest could be. It does make quite a difference in the ride.
    Joyce
    how tall are you ? i was thinking about getting my girl a new seat .... she hates my corbin ...
    also i wonder if solo seat cover will still work on this seat
    Last edited by tatt2r; 03-13-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am 5 feet tall, It just fits me very well. When he was originally taking measurements he was measuring for his comfort, or a guy of average size. His wife complained, saying it was too far back for her and not comfortable. I came by and agreed with her. So he sat and measured where I sit on my bike and where she sits on hers ( I have a different peg setup than she does) but it ends up about the same place. So thats when he decided to do 2 different molds. I love the bolstering he put in on the back. It really holds you in and supports you, but allows you to move around side to side. The backrest is very comfortable, I never had one. I mentioned to hubby that it's making me improve my riding posture. I didn't get the passenger backrest, since no one else rides on the back. Tried a couple times with hubby, but I feel too cramped. A girl needs her space. The seat is firm, but very supportive and since I have tailbone issues, broke it several years ago, his design doesn't aggravate it. I'll post pictures soon.
    Joyce
    happy owner

Spyder Garage

Want to see that seat to!! Pics plz!! :o)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry for the delay, here's the pictures.
    happy owner

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the pics. That looks like a very nice, high bum stop, quality seat. I hope it serves you well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Very nice looking seat.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Thanks alot for the pics!! Look great...whats your feedback??!!

Spyder Garage

Wow, great saddle. It'll be interesting to see how you like it once you get some miles in it, but I am pretty sure it's going to be just fine!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Nice seat.

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Looks good and it also fits the lines and edges of the spyder.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

I am 5 feet tall, It just fits me very well. When he was originally taking measurements he was measuring for his comfort, or a guy of average size. His wife complained, saying it was too far back for her and not comfortable. I came by and agreed with her. So he sat and measured where I sit on my bike and where she sits on hers ( I have a different peg setup than she does) but it ends up about the same place. So thats when he decided to do 2 different molds. I love the bolstering he put in on the back. It really holds you in and supports you, but allows you to move around side to side. The backrest is very comfortable, I never had one. I mentioned to hubby that it's making me improve my riding posture. I didn't get the passenger backrest, since no one else rides on the back. Tried a couple times with hubby, but I feel too cramped. A girl needs her space. The seat is firm, but very supportive and since I have tailbone issues, broke it several years ago, his design doesn't aggravate it. I'll post pictures soon.
    Joyce
    Do you take the Midrider or the Lowrider seat?? Im 5 feet 10'',i got the stock handlebar so i suppose purchase the Midrider??

Thanks to let me know!!!

Spyder Garage

Now that's the first custom seat I've seen that I actually envy. I love the high seat back. I would not get the driver backrest so hubby would still have room back there. Just got the Roadchrome passenger backrest installed. It attaches under the seat pan. I'm wondering if it would still work with the Ultimate seat.

I take it you have to send your original seat pan to Ultimate?? Or does he have stock seat pans that he uses so that you end up with the stock seat plus the Ultimate seat??

I'm short too. The Corbin sits me WAY too far back. This seat looks divine!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoBT View Post
    Now that's the first custom seat I've seen that I actually envy. I love the high seat back. I would not get the driver backrest so hubby would still have room back there. Just got the Roadchrome passenger backrest installed. It attaches under the seat pan. I'm wondering if it would still work with the Ultimate seat.

I take it you have to send your original seat pan to Ultimate?? Or does he have stock seat pans that he uses so that you end up with the stock seat plus the Ultimate seat??

I'm short too. The Corbin sits me WAY too far back. This seat looks divine!!!
    You can buy a Ultimate Seat and when you receive it you ship back your stock seat and they refund you 150$ for your stocik seat!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Took a little ride yesterday and I have to say, I love the new seat. Granted it wasn't a long ride, but no hot spots or soreness anywhere. It certainly holds you in and cradles you. Like it was made for me especially. The seat just looks good too. I had my mom sit on it, she's a bit taller than me and she was comfortable too. It changes your posture and makes you sit properly on the seat, so it takes away the muscle fatigue from bad posture. I gave him my old seat pan and told him to send it back. The seat isn't too wide, like some are, so I don't get the irritation on my legs. It's just an all around well made seat. My mom has an ultimate for her honda, and we've had ultimates for all our other bikes, so we do know his work. Only reason my hubby doesn't have one on his victory cross country is he doesn't make one. The price is about the same as the other seat manufacturers. I tried having someone redo the original seat that came with the bike, but it still wasn't comfortable on very long rides. I was hesitant on spending the money on a new seat, but I am glad I did.
    happy owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Centhron View Post
    Do you take the Midrider or the Lowrider seat?? Im 5 feet 10'',i got the stock handlebar so i suppose purchase the Midrider??

Thanks to let me know!!!
    She has the Low Rider seat and Kewlmetal 4" higher bars. (I should know, I installed all of it )

@ 5' 10" you want the Midrider, it's made to the stock position.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Ulimate

I had an Ultimate on my Aero and loved it. Currently I have a Corbin solo with trunk, but if I ever decide to make a change, I know I will go with Ultimate in a heart beat. Enjoy!

Spyder Garage

Do you know if there is a RT seat in the works?
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

HOW MUCH AND WHERE CAN i GET ONE PLEASE LET US ALL NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vt228 View Post
    HOW MUCH AND WHERE CAN i GET ONE PLEASE LET US ALL NO
    http://www.ultimateseats.ca/Spyder.html

Registered Users ScreaminMeanie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Oooooh, I am jealous! If I get to where the stock seat is hurting me, that is definitely the direction I'm going to take. Not only should it be way more comfy, but it LOOKS awesome!

Spyder Garage

He will also be a vendor at Spyderfest and have some seats for everyone to see there.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!