Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Question for Michigan ryders about Joe's Gizzard City

Have any of you ever ate at Joe's Gizzard City in Lansing? OSR is thinking of planning a ride to have lunch there and would like to know if it worth the Ride? Any input is appreciated.
    Last edited by EricDeub; 03-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've never been but please let us Michigan riders know when you plan the ride and maybe we can meet you there. Sounds like fun.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Definitely worth the trip...especially if you like gizzards. They have an annual gizzard fest...think it's in July....would make for a great destination ride.....I'd join up with you guys...only an hour away from me.... Larry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    Definitely worth the trip...especially if you like gizzards. They have an annual gizzard fest...think it's in July....would make for a great destination ride.....I'd join up with you guys...only an hour away from me.... Larry
    It looks like it. I'm not a big Gizzard fan but the other food looks good.
    Last edited by EricDeub; 03-12-2011 at 11:16 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We will let you know. OSR is looking to set up rides to get together with our neighbors

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I've never been but please let us Michigan riders know when you plan the ride and maybe we can meet you there. Sounds like fun.

Spyder Garage

That would be a fun ride for Geri and me, too. As long as I've lived in Michigan, and bicycled most of the roads in the lower part of the state, I never heard of the place. It looks like fun, but would be fun to meet a bunch of our neighbors to the south (even though OSU is currently leading UofM by 10).

I could also easily be convinced to meet you at the City BBQ in Sylvania for lunch!
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OSR is putting together a very aggressive agenda for 2011. Michigan or for that matter anybody is invited to anything OSR is putting together. For us its about the ride and having fun. OSR does not restrict out of state riders for membership. So we hope you can make some of our rides this year. I will keep an eye up North, I hope to make some of Michigan's rides.

We are planning on making "gizzards" an event on our agenda, maybe we can make it a joint event.

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    That would be a fun ride for Geri and me, too. As long as I've lived in Michigan, and bicycled most of the roads in the lower part of the state, I never heard of the place. It looks like fun, but would be fun to meet a bunch of our neighbors to the south (even though OSU is currently leading UofM by 10).

I could also easily be convinced to meet you at the City BBQ in Sylvania for lunch!

Spyder Garage

I think its located in Potterville, Mi. just south of Lansing off I69. Only about 15 or 20 minutes from me, never been there but have tried to find it a couple times with no luck. I believe they have a fried twinkie, yes fried twinkie, been told they are good, never had one. Keep us posted when this is gonna happen.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

They do have a fried Twinkies but what I'm interested in is the deep fried Berger. Watch the video at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by k3232668 View Post
    I think its located in Potterville, Mi. just south of Lansing off I69. Only about 15 or 20 minutes from me, never been there but have tried to find it a couple times with no luck. I believe they have a fried twinkie, yes fried twinkie, been told they are good, never had one. Keep us posted when this is gonna happen.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EricDeub View Post
    It looks like it. I'm not a big Gizzard fan but the other food looks good.
    Joe's (Potterville MI) is about 15 miles from me and I've been there several times. I was never a gizzard fan , but they make them in a way that they turn out delicious. They're deep fried and you can get them with a variety of coatings or just plain...they also have a sampler platter where you can get some of each. Try the deep fried olives as well!

The deep fried cheeseburger is a heart attack on a plate! I've had one, not bad. Double up on your blood pressure and cholesterol meds!!!

Give me a shout if you come up.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Joe's (Potterville MI) is about 15 miles from me and I've been there several times. I was never a gizzard fan , but they make them in a way that they turn out delicious. They're deep fried and you can get them with a variety of coatings or just plain...they also have a sampler platter where you can get some of each. Try the deep fried olives as well!

The deep fried cheeseburger is a heart attack on a plate! I've had one, not bad. Double up on your blood pressure and cholesterol meds!!!

Give me a shout if you come up.
    Hey Mike, how's the leg? Will you be back to riding when the weather finally cooperates?
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Hey Mike, how's the leg? Will you be back to riding when the weather finally cooperates?
    Hi Ann,
    Thanks for asking. My leg is much better...though I re-injured it a couple weeks after I last saw you. PT is over and I just have to do stretching on my own.

I have a couple things to check out on the Spyder before I'll be riding. Hopefully I'll get that done tonight.

Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I see where it's gonna be 50 degrees and sunny this Saturday...definitely a day to get the spydie out...Anybody from Michigan riding?

Spyder Garage

I see where it's gonna be 50 degrees and sunny this Saturday...definitely a day to get the spydie out...Anybody from Michigan riding?
    Very possibly!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This week I will absolutely ride even if it is just down the street and back!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thinking maybe a meet & greet at the gizzard joint? <laughing>...Need to do a recon on this place for those who have never been.

Spyder Garage

We are only an hour East of Lansing and we love Gizzards. But I have never heard of Joe's Gizzards either. If you decide to make a meet and greet, by all means let us know. Would love to join everyone and meet new people as well.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

How about we have a group meet there this coming Saturday, the 26th? Would be nice to see everybody again after a long winter.

Spyder Garage

How about we have a group meet there this coming Saturday, the 26th? Would be nice to see everybody again after a long winter.
    If the weather is decent, it is a distinct possibility. Have to check with bjt and make sure there aren't any other plans.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I mite be up for this ride. ((((( weather watch ))))))

Spyder Garage

My wife and I ate there several years ago after seeing it on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. She had the gizzards; I had a hamburger that they dip in batter and then deep fry it. Not just the burger but the WHOLE hamburger! I topped it off with deep fried Oreo cookies for desert! Holy cholesterol batman!

Spyder Garage

Love the idea but I'll have to see how I'm feeling after some dental surgery on Friday.
    Dan

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We could be up for it.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I think we ought to post this in the Michigan forum as well. We will make this a weather dependent ride lunch ride. About a 1300 meet up time. How does that sound to everyone?