Threaded View

Spyder Garage

I've got the change down to $64. THe purpose of this post is not to brag but to show what money can be saved with some planning and elbow grease.

I had set myself up to be able to do everything at that price and do it fast. I have swapped out the OEM drain plugs for the ones from GoldPlug. Both have very strong magnets in them and can be taken off with a single 17mm socket. (Thanks to Rando for finding these):

Crankcase: MP-01 and Oil reservoir: MP-02

I have found Amsoil 10-30w for $37 a gallon for cycles after taxes. Add the extra 1/2 quart needed, round up and oil cost me a total right at $46 a change. That is cheaper than retail at The Andersons. Add oil filter kit from Ken rounding up put it at $18 so that is a grand total of $64

17,500+ miles, just did my own oil change today (that makes 4 on my own plus the dealers required at 600 miles..5 total). Using Amsoil and with the blessing of my dealer I stretch the miles to right around 5k between changes. Oil changes do not have to be overly expensive nor labor intensive...at least on the RS models.

Yes I realize this is under the RT forum so labor involved will be more intensive..more tupperware.
    Last edited by pierrelogic; 03-20-2011 at 07:39 PM.