Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Works Performance Shocks on RTS after 200mi

I've put over 200 miles on the new works performance shocks and am very happy with them. Before the shocks, I tended to avoid freeways and 70+mph drives. I skittered around in my lane every time I hit a minor bump or caught a gust of wind (to the point of fighting to stay in my lane much of the time).

The new shocks turned it into an entirely different experience. Now bumps are only a bit more noticeable than they are in a larger vehicle and no longer toss me around. As you might expect, the new shocks also significantly improved stability while carrying a passenger. Also, the VSS nanny doesn't kick in quite as easily as it used to when cornering (though still more easily than I would like), which makes for a more fun ride. I think there is a bit less nose dive when breaking, too.

The shocks arrived about 3 weeks after I ordered them. My friend and I installed them and adjusted them as needed in a few hours with only a few simple tools. (Time includes multiple short test rides and adjustments, as well as removing/attaching the body panels for the very first time.)

Here's my original post on the topic before I received the shocks:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25196

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the updatde. I should be getting mine any day now.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I got the same improvements with the Elka's on my RT.

Spyder Garage

I bought my WPS yesterday - going to ride the Chief Joseph Scenic Parkway this summer & put 'em to the test!!! How long did it take to get them?

Tom said 7 to 10 day through manufacturing…..
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

3 weeks from the day I ordered.

Spyder Garage

What is the cost difference between the Elkas and the Works ?
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

About $700.... Tom went through a long list of questions, as part of the order process, to be sure the CUSTOM shocks were dialed into my needs and style. I couldn't have been more impressed or happier with the process.

These are not "off the shelf" parts.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    About $700.... Tom went through a long list of questions, as part of the order process, to be sure the CUSTOM shocks were dialed into my needs and style. I couldn't have been more impressed or happier with the process.

These are not "off the shelf" parts.
    not $700 difference... cost $700

both are around the same cost I think for same model. if you want less features you can go lower in costs for Works Performance. view the past threads already on here for pricing.

Spyder Garage

My first post to this site. I too have purchased a Works Performance Rear Shock for my 2010 RT-S. It cost me about $700 posted to Australia. The standard rear shock on the Spyder is absolute rubbish. I had 5 fail in as many months and my mate has had six fail. Sometimes they only lasted 250 miles. BRP would always replace them under warranty without question. But the same rubbish was put back in.

I have done about 5000 miles on my Works Performance - incredible. The Spyder is now what it should be. It handles like a dream, sticks to the road like glue, and even handles dirt roads with ease.

I cannot speak highly enough of Works Performance Shocks. Give them a go, you will not be dissapointed. Terrific value for money.