Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sc ride?

Spyder Garage

Default sc ride?

just checking if anyone in south carolina wants to meet and ride one day soon?

Spyder Garage

I would, but I think I'd end up w/ the ticket since I don't ryde as fast as you

Sorta of like the saying " I don't have to be faster than the bear, I only need to be faster than you"

I think I'd be the bear meat!

I work weird schedules and the next days free for me are Sunday and possibly Monday.
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

well that is ok. i dont ride fast unless i am either by myself or the guys/girls go fast on their bikes. i am trying to give it a few days or weeks before u am planing on riding to give people more time to take off work or tell their better half they are going or whatever they have to do. so if you want to ride one day we can start a list or something and can plan a ride somewhere.

Spyder Garage

Default Ryde

We are in Ladson and due to our schedules we mostly ride weekends. There is the occasional school holiday that is the exception. One of our favorite cruises is 176 out of Goose Creek, across 6 to the lake, then turn at Ballentine to pick up 176 again. Or, just around the lakes down here.
    Spring break is just around the corner, let's ryde.

Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Spyder Garage

I will do my best to make it if a group ryde is planned.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Would like to ride with other 's. live 20 miles southeast of greenville It would be a ride to get there. Would like to meet up with some SC riders at Maggie Valley @ the June event if any one is going.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I am relocating from Pennsylvania to SC this Monday (March 28th). My wife and kids are coming down after the school year. It will take a couple weeks to arrange getting my RSS down but, I would enjoy riding around SC to see the sites. I/We will be staying in Lexington.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mom&DadsFave View Post
    I am relocating from Pennsylvania to SC this Monday (March 28th). My wife and kids are coming down after the school year. It will take a couple weeks to arrange getting my RSS down but, I would enjoy riding around SC to see the sites. I/We will be staying in Lexington.

Let us know when your Spyder gets here. Columbia is a little under a 2 hour ryde for me to get there, Greenville takes 3 hours or so. My ankle is still screwed up, but I am hoping I will be able to get some seat time in before the trip to Spyderfest.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not to hyjack the thread, sorry in advance.
    Spyderwolf, how did the belt pulley problems come out?
    Would love to be riding, but, been out of the hospital just a week for heart valve repair. will probably be less for TWO more freaking weeks!
    All ride safe,
    Carl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GA-SPYDER View Post
    Not to hyjack the thread, sorry in advance.
    Spyderwolf, how did the belt pulley problems come out?
    Would love to be riding, but, been out of the hospital just a week for heart valve repair. will probably be less for TWO more freaking weeks!
    All ride safe,
    Carl
    Sorry to hear about your heart valve repair Carl. I hope you will be on the mend quickly, and able to get back on your Spyder sooner than later. Take good care of yourself so you heal well.

They replaced the front pulley and belt under warranty, and everything seems good to go for now. I only rode it home from the dealership, and then screwed up my ankle. My Spyder has not been ridden in just over a month now. I was hoping to get out today, but the ankle is still giving me too many problems to deal with it on the Spyder. The weather this weekend looks like it is supposed to be crummy, so I am hoping next weekend will be much better.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

!0-4 about the belt and pulley.
    Gotta go put the battery tenders back on the bikes. That's NOT how I had planned to keep them charged! Oh, well. The Savannah Invasion is this week-end. Don't get to go to that. We had fun last year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GA-SPYDER View Post
    !0-4 about the belt and pulley.
    Gotta go put the battery tenders back on the bikes. That's NOT how I had planned to keep them charged! Oh, well. The Savannah Invasion is this week-end. Don't get to go to that. We had fun last year.
    My wife fired up my Spyder for me a few days ago, just to make sure it would still start. I still have the brand new Scorpion battery sitting here in the office. I am still debating on getting an isolator and running 2 batteries on my Spyder. Sorry you will miss the Savannah deal. I haven't been there in forever it seems, and probably need to make time to go back again.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mom&DadsFave View Post

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Member

Just joined the site and will pick up my 2011 Limited this Saturday. I'm retired due to kidney problems. Had a transplant, now ready to ride. Need to meet and maybe form a club. I live near Columbia , S.C. Anyone interested? Have been riding 2 wheels over 50 years!! This will be a major change. Wife wants to travel.

Spyder Garage

on the RT. I live about 100 miles from Lugoff but there are serval rider in your area.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Witzel View Post
    Just joined the site and will pick up my 2011 Limited this Saturday. I'm retired due to kidney problems. Had a transplant, now ready to ride. Need to meet and maybe form a club. I live near Columbia , S.C. Anyone interested? Have been riding 2 wheels over 50 years!! This will be a major change. Wife wants to travel.
    & on your new ride!

I too have had a kidney transplant (getting native kidneys remove right after Spyderfest, wouldn't let them take'em ealier and miss this great meet). The company I work for just provided the main equipment for your new wastewater plant in Lugoff also one outrside Coulmbia. I spent about five weeks in the area last summer.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

See if you can convince your wife to attend the Spyderfest event, and then the Owners Event. You will be able to meet a whole bunch of us, and have a great time doing so.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default New Rider

Just bought a 2011 SPYDER and am looking for riders in S.C. I live in Lugoff, ( near Columbia ) and would love to meet with you. I'm retired and can ride anytime.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Responses

Sorry that I posted another response looking for riders. I didn't fully check out the site before doing it. Here's my problem, We already have plans for June. Wife will retire this year and that leaves us available to travel next year. My backgrond is in manufaturing ( tool & die ) and I have always done my own repairs on my motorcycles. I have been researching the sites and noticed several problems with the . They seem to be a very expensive ride. I know that everyone rides differently and I don't abuse my vehicles. Time will tell! Thanks for responding.

Spyder Garage

What about April 27-29? That is when Spyderfest US is being held in Cuba, MO. You can find out about it by clicking on the link on the home page.

Many of us do our own oil changes, and others do even higher level maintenance on their own. The labor is costly at times depending on the shops hourly rate and how much time they want to charge you for taking off all the tupperware to actually get to the work in the first place. Most of the actual problem issues have been fixed by recalls, and having the BEST warranty for after the 2 year manufacturer one runs out has been highly recommended. Hopefully you will have one of the Spyders that never has a problem, as their are many of them out there.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Wind!!

Picked up the SPYDER this morning and rode home. Had the roughest time trying to keep it on the road due to high winds. Any suggestions on how to make it handle better? Fun ride!! Can't wait to take a short trip. If you ever want to talk, my phone # is 803-438-2455. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Default Handling

We have an RTS with about 1200 miles so far. The 3 best things I did for handling were; adjusted front shocks to 4, adjusted front tire pressure to 19-20, quit fiddling with the rear air control. We ride 2 up and experienced much of the same wind down here but after the adjustments, it was like a completely different Spyder. Co pilot noticed it too. Try it after you get used to it. It's not a motorcycle, it's a .Woot!
    Patrick
    2011 RTS 2006 Yamaha Morphous
    2017 F150 2015 MINI Cooper S IBA 56167

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Info.

Thanks for the information. I will make those adjustments right now and try it out. Boy!! those SPYDERS get allot of stares. It took 15 min. to get away from people in a parking lot with questions. Maybe some weekend my wife and I can meet you for dinner somewhere.

Spyder Garage

Picked up the SPYDER this morning and rode home. Had the roughest time trying to keep it on the road due to high winds. Any suggestions on how to make it handle better? Fun ride!! Can't wait to take a short trip. If you ever want to talk, my phone # is 803-438-2455. Thanks.
    on picking up your Spyder.

The 30 mph winds we are having don't help things much when you are trying to learn to ryde your Spyder.

The first thing is to keep a very light grip on the handlebars. This is not like a motorcycle where you need to give it a decent amount of input to get it to go where you want it to. The Spyder will track very straight, you just have to trust it. For many people it has taken a couple hundred miles or so before they get used to it. Practice, practice, practice, and stay safe out there.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    on picking up your Spyder.

The 30 mph winds we are having don't help things much when you are trying to learn to ryde your Spyder.

The first thing is to keep a very light grip on the handlebars. This is not like a motorcycle where you need to give it a decent amount of input to get it to go where you want it to. The Spyder will track very straight, you just have to trust it. For many people it has taken a couple hundred miles or so before they get used to it. Practice, practice, practice, and stay safe out there.
    The more you ride the better you will like the handling. The first time I rode mine home from the dealer I thought what the have I done but after learning how to ride the I wouldn't take anything for it unless it was a new