Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sc ride?

Spyder Garage

Default Introduction

Hi. I just brought home a new Spyder. Been riding Triumph Speed Triples forever. The trip home from the dealer was all highway and holy smokes is it touchy. I understand it will take a little getting use too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire911 View Post
    Hi. I just brought home a new Spyder. Been riding Triumph Speed Triples forever. The trip home from the dealer was all highway and holy smokes is it touchy. I understand it will take a little getting use too.
    and on your new Spyder.

It is definitely not a motorcycle, and takes a little bit of getting used to. You basically need to unlearn many things that come natural to you, such as counter steering, and forcing the handlebars. A light grip will serve you best and it will not seem as touchy.

If you have any questions about anything Spyder related, it might help you get more looks if you post in the General Discussion area as well.

If there is anything I can help you with, let me know and I will be glad to try.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

and on the new

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fire911 View Post
    Before I got my RSS, I took my Dad's Spyder out a few times and thought the same thing. It kept crossing the center line and I thought "this is horrible". However, after riding it a few times I got used to it and wouldn't have it any other way. You'll find your groove. I have been working in South Carolina the past two weeks and have not been able to bring the Spyder down. Now that the weather is soooo nice, I envy every bike that goes by.

On another note, a stray dog ran in front of my car on I-95 South on Tuesday while I was cruisin' at 70. It took out my lower bumper, fog light, and pushed my radiator back into the motor. So, please be vigilante out there.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just purchased my Spyder RS today and pick it up tomorrow. I live in the Moncks Corner/Summerville Area and always interested in weekend rides.

Jack

Spyder Garage

on the new

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RS-Jack View Post
    I just purchased my Spyder RS today and pick it up tomorrow. I live in the Moncks Corner/Summerville Area and always interested in weekend rides.

Jack

Glad to have you here.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default new owner

I got my spyder se-5 a week ago and live off exit 65 of rt 77 if any one rides that area I,am a trucker so not home all the time too see ya I hope Rich