Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RT S - SE5 Shifting Problem

Today I was riding my RT S SE5 (two weeks new) when all of a sudden, while in first gear, it stopped moving. I put in neutral and then back into first; however, still would not move. I placed in Reverse and it still would not move. I turned it off and waited several minutes and still the same results. Has anyone experienced this problem? I had it towed to the dealer and will call them on Monday for the results.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Problems already with a 2-week old 2011 RT SE5? Uh-oh!

I hope it's a simple fix and that this occurence won't happen again.

I was thinking about purchasing a 2011 RS SE5 tomorrow, but I guess I'll just have to wait until I find more about possible bugs from these 2011s.

Do keep us posted once the mechanics have figured out what's wrong with your ...

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy Not the same

on your new & Im sorry your having troble already

I have a 2010 RT-S & it went into the shop for a 3 month wait for the SE-5 Recall 9 days after I purchased it. But I would hope that your problem IS NOT RELATED, as I would hope that BRP has gotten this right & arent still shipping faulty units to the field

Im not sure why yours isnt going into gear, tho I know on mine, If I'm LOW ANY AT ALL on oil, It will cause me to have intermittant shifting issues, but never just not shift at all, unless I'm at the LOW mark on the dip-stick. Ive heard many story's of the shop over-filling the oil, but only one or two where they got it low. Might have something to do with it, not sure, but whatever your issue, please keep us informed & I hope its just something quick & easy & they get you back on the road quickly

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of your issues. My guess would be low oil too. Let us know what they find out.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Still in shop

Well, I picked up my RT S SE5. Initially I was told that the clutch was not at the proper height (????) and adjustments had to be made. It was suppose to be at 1mm and the mechanic found it to be a 4mm. I was told the test drive indicated that all was well. I was pulling off I still had problems with the unit going into first gear. Only when I gave it a little gas did it finally go into gear. I decided to ride the unit at which time I came to a traffic light. As I was manually downshifting, the unit started to surge aggressively forward at each gear - the first gear was the worse as the traction control kicked in. Also, the clutch was slipping because as I increased the throttle the RPMs were going higher but the MPH was not in sync. The dealership had closed so I returned it the following day. I received a phone call and was informed that the clutch appeared to be okay; therefore, they contacted BRP for their input. BRP suggested they check the solenoids and/or bypass certain solenoids. All of this will be done on Thursday and I will keep you posted. WHew!!!! - A brand new unit????