Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default South Street Philly Run

Short Notice Sorry.

I am riding from Norristown to South Street tomorrow if anyone wants to come along. I scouted it today and found the funnest way is Germantown Pike to Lincolin Drive to Kelly Drive and then into the city.

There is a Wawa on Trooper Road two lights before the on ramp for 422 that I will be getting coffee at around 10:45am. I will hang out until 11:00am and see if anyone shows up. If I am the only Spyder there at 11 I will be on my way.

It is about an hour ride so anyone who wants to meet on South Street head to the end at Penn's Landing and I will look for you.

Spyder Garage

I would love to go. But I'm on call this weekend. With this crazy wind I'm afraid to make plans. I've been working all day today because of it.

Spyder Garage

No worries Phantom. Let me know if you can make it.

Spyder Garage

Its a no go for me. Got home at 1:30 this morning after working 16 hrs and I'm already out this morning for more emergency calls. Keep me in mind for more rides.

Spyder Garage

Default When it's gets a little warmer

Give me a shout
    HM1 Nathaniel V. Mitchell, USN, CC-NREMT-P

Spyder Garage

HMMMM do a philly cheesesteak run yum-O-

Roger

Spyder Garage

I did the run and it was great. Learned a few side streets and landmarks. The cobblestones are a bit of a pain in Chestnut Hill but the Spyder took it in stride.

Lincoln and Kelly drives are a blast for twistys although the car drivers made me nervous a couple times.

All in all I will do it again. Can't wait till the weather breaks.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

HI canam Chris I sent you an email about two week ago i was wondering if you recieded it. I am a new member also and i live out side of Coatesville PA . I got my June of last year . I feel like it has made me young again. I have 5840 miles on it. I ride with a group of HD riders . It is SRSE5. The ice snow and all the salt is driving me up a wall. I did get out Fri.and SAT. I would like to meet you to ride .P.M me and i will tell you about a trip in June to GALETON PA . JIMMY I did not read your thread Philly run until tonite

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    HMMMM do a philly cheesesteak run yum-O-
    You got Pat's King of Steaks and the Geno rivalry near the Italian Market. You got Steves on South St. Johns Roast Pork also South Philly all are great. You got two spots in the Reading Terminal Market....one acts like it's performing brain surgery (order at lunch eat for dinner) the others ok.
    That's just the tip....would be fun run...if we went at dusk I could switch my liz lights to Eagles Green- I did note your from NY.

Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by XLT View Post
    You got Pat's King of Steaks and the Geno rivalry near the Italian Market. You got Steves on South St. Johns Roast Pork also South Philly all are great. You got two spots in the Reading Terminal Market....one acts like it's performing brain surgery (order at lunch eat for dinner) the others ok.
    That's just the tip....would be fun run...if we went at dusk I could switch my liz lights to Eagles Green- I did note your from NY.
    Yes i am from NY about 65 miles northwest of the city. I think most people in the northeast know about the great debate of Genos and Pats they are right across from each other although i never had either or i always listen to the locals so are these too the best or is there another place.

Roger

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes i am from NY about 65 miles northwest of the city. I think most people in the northeast know about the great debate of Genos and Pats they are right across from each other although i never had either or i always listen to the locals so are these too the best or is there another place.
    Steves on south and Johns Roast Pork are great, but doing the Pats - Geno thing when in philly is ( as you said next to each other and the history) kind of a must. Plus easy parking for spyders. Last summer while eating Pats a T-REX along with a bunch of rockets bikes parked the crew went to Genos. Do you have "Beef on Weck" in your area of NY?

Spyder Garage

Smile

Steves on south and Johns Roast Pork are great, but doing the Pats - Geno thing when in philly is ( as you said next to each other and the history) kind of a must. Plus easy parking for spyders. Last summer while eating Pats a T-REX along with a bunch of rockets bikes parked the crew went to Genos. Do you have "Beef on Weck" in your area of NY?
    No thats mostly a western ny sandwich but they may have it in the city the closest thing we have to that is a hot open roast beef.

Roger

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All this talk of Cheesesteaks is making me hungry! Once it warms up a bit, I will be heading up to Philly to try both Pat's and Gino's as well as run up the steps like Rocky! I will be coming from VA on the Spyder.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by laskint View Post
    All this talk of Cheesesteaks is making me hungry! Once it warms up a bit, I will be heading up to Philly to try both Pat's and Gino's as well as run up the steps like Rocky! I will be coming from VA on the Spyder.
    Give the PA forum a yell when you do.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    Short Notice Sorry.

I am riding from Norristown to South Street tomorrow if anyone wants to come along. I scouted it today and found the funnest way is Germantown Pike to Lincolin Drive to Kelly Drive and then into the city.

There is a Wawa on Trooper Road two lights before the on ramp for 422 that I will be getting coffee at around 10:45am. I will hang out until 11:00am and see if anyone shows up. If I am the only Spyder there at 11 I will be on my way.

It is about an hour ride so anyone who wants to meet on South Street head to the end at Penn's Landing and I will look for you.
    May be we can set something up when weather gets better hope fully is hould be putting it back together soon

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LOURACING View Post
    May be we can set something up when weather gets better hope fully is hould be putting it back together soon
    Love to see it - I was in philly during auto show but did not go. Was it at the DUB booth?

Spyder Garage

Default South Street Again

UPDATE: Life threw me a curve ball so this might not happen. I won't know until tomorrow.
    I will update this again if I am going, but if you don't hear anything it means I won't be.

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it looks like I will be heading downtown again this Saturday. I am going to the Blackmans Sport Bike Night tomorrow to get a pair of universal handlebar guards to block some wind and pick up the trunk spring I ordered.

I will be putting parts on the Spyder Saturday morning and plan for pretty much the same schedule. I will be at the Wawa by 11:00 and see who shows.

Please PM me if you want my cell number or want to give me your number.

Chris

PS: I do have to leave for home by 17:00, I promised to dog sit for my brother Saturday night because he is out of town.
    Last edited by CanAmChris; 02-25-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Update Status

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mistake sorry - It's JIM'S STEAKS on SOUTH ST. Steves (Prince of Steaks) is in Langhorne 20 min. outside center city....CHEESE and STEAK and GREASE are important to me I'm sorry to say. SPYDERS CHEESE STEAKS CHEESE STEAKS SPYDERS - I'm glad I don't have to choose............must go now.

Spyder Garage

damn I missed out on all these rides , grr.
    I'll have to catch up with you guys soon.

Spyder Garage

Anybody have plans for Sunday afternoon?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom888 View Post
    Anybody have plans for Sunday afternoon?
    May ride sun pm - have you heard the weather ?

Spyder Garage

May ride sun pm - have you heard the weather ?
    High of 52 Low of 27 sunny and windy 12 mph and gust of 33 mph

Spyder Garage

Default Let's Ride Sunday!

I am running with Warriors' Watch on Saturday but they don't have any missions scheduled for Sunday. If you all want to meet up at the Trooper Road Wawa we can run my Germantown Pike route.

Here is a link to the Rally Point:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

We could all meet there at noon and gas up for the run. A small fleet of Spyders cruising through Philly would be great.

I will wait until 12:30 at the Wawa and then head out. If you want to contact me send a PM and I can give you my cell number.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Chris,

Hope you had a good run today. I went up to Blackman's and got my DPS replaced. They normally won't do a DPS replacement on a Saturday, but when I called they said they weren't that busy, so I could bring it in. Took a couple of hours, so between the hour ride up, the two hours there, and the hour back, I had no shot of catching up with you guys.

The new DPS really did make a difference on my bike - much more responsive at speed. Interested to see how it feels when riding two-up.

Hopefully, you had a bunch of spyders on the ride through philly.....

Steve
    Very Happy Owner 2013 RT Ltd.

Spyder Garage

Default Sunday 3/13

Forcast for tomorrow:

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. West wind between 10 and 17 mph

I will be at the Wawa as planned until 12:30. All are welcome and we can have a late lunch on South Street.

Steve, I did two runs today. An honor mission for the Grandfather of a Warriors' Watch Rider and a belated Welcome home for one of our Soldiers. The first was very appreciated by the family of Sgt. John Briley, and the second was Rock Star for Army Spc. Manuel Rivera.

If you want to test out the new DPS meet me at the Trooper Road Wawa. We can jump on 422 first if you want to test it at speed and then head to the city.