Spyder Garage

Default Red Dragon Wet The Bed

Two weeks ago we (Pensacola) experienced a nice 70 degree day (of course I went Ryding. Temps that night fell to about 28. The next day I awoke to find that Red Dragon had leaked what appeared to be antifreeze. I limited my ryding until I could get PMS to take a look at her. They updated the DPS, Checked the belt specs (OK), and Searched but could not find the leak. Got her back the next day, in time to ryde to work. It hasn't happened since. But I pulled the cover and checked the level. Nothing serious, but I topped it off (max level). Hope she never does that again.

Bottle says toss the left over. Do I have to?
    St'09

Spyder Garage

If you have fresh antifreeze left over in a bottle, then you can hang onto it for a while. If it has been used, might as well toss it. It is pretty cheap anyway.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Default Coolant overflow tank hairline crack

You should check your coolant overflow tank for leaks/cracks. Just yesterday I had to replace my coolant overflow tank. I noticed a leak and upon further investigation I found that the coolant overflow tank developed a hairline crack.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Please make sure that no animals get into that antifreeze

Spyder Garage

Default not to worry

Quote Originally Posted by MoonChaser213 View Post
    Please make sure that no animals get into that antifreeze
    "Tyson". Our Boxer is safe, sound, and antifreeze-free. Still no leak since that one incident.
    St'09

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would look at the clamp on the right side that gose from the tank to waterpump. The last 2 yrs i had problems with leaks due to cold & the dealer has taken apart/replaced it atleast 2-3 times now. it would only leak when it got down to freezing and the bike sat overnight. so good luck

Spyder Garage

During a trip from San Diego, Ca to NY in November and December i notice leaking under my bike in the mornings before i hit the road after driving across Texas. While stop in PA i checked bottle and found it had hairline cracks. Removed bottle then added some gorilla glue to cracks and along the seam this held the remaining trip.

Bottles plastic is cheap, can't handled expansion and contraction from extreme hot to cold in a region.