Spyder Garage

Default Jackson Service Dept. ?

Does anybody have any dealings with the service department at Jackson ? DPS replacement specifically, They are only 30 minutes from us and we need to get our recall done before the riding season gets into full swing. We know they are new to the Can-am brand and are curious to know if they know what they are doing.

Thanks in advance to any and all input.
    Last edited by MyYellowPyder; 02-13-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No sir I haven't

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I've not dealt with Jackson at all, sorry, no info from me. Tho I noticed your in Southern Ohio, I personally highly recommend Middletown Cycle in Middletown Ohio. Aaron is the new owner (3-4 yrs now) & he is very in touch with his customers & their Service Dept. Is very Good & knowledgable when it comes to working on Spyders. After months & 2 different dealers, they were the only ones that could figure out my issue & get me back on the road

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MyYellowPyder View Post
    Does anybody have any dealings with the service department at Jackson ? DPS replacement specifically, They are only 30 minutes from us and we need to get our recall done before the riding season gets into full swing. We know they are new to the Can-am brand and are curious to know if they know what they are doing.

Another owner from southern OH (Budro) gave them a good review. One thing to keep in mind about the recall and how it works. For the most part the larger dealers have access to more of the DPS's from BRP due to volume. Also, all dealers swap out the DPS's in their current inventory first then deal with customers (shouldn't be a problem anymore). Best thing to do call them first and ask them straight up if you brought your Spyder in how long can you expect before you get it back? If you're comfortable with what they say (taking all this info into consideration) the decision is yours.

It looks like you have an RS. I know ASK in Columbus has "extra" DPS's for the RS in stock and it's just a matter of calling them up, getting it scheduled and 2 hours later you're back on the road. No need for them to order the DPS in that case. If you had an RT then you'd have to wait. ASK is just a bigger dealer than the one in Jackson is the only reason they have extra RS DPS's in stock. It's up to you! Regardless of where you go this is a freebie (or it should be).

Middletown is great too but not as large as ASK in Columbus so I don't know if they have extra DPS's for the RS in stock. Again, you're a phone call away from finding out.

Spyder Garage

Question Same question

Quote Originally Posted by MyYellowPyder View Post

I also have the same inquiry, am about 50 miles south of Jackson dealership, and need DPS changed and service to find and correct oil leak.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tbowman View Post
    I also have the same inquiry, am about 50 miles south of Jackson dealership, and need DPS changed and service to find and correct oil leak.
    Is the Oil dripping down the right side behind the radiator fan.?

Spyder Garage

My bike is at Jackson now getting dps & air bag leak fixed. Will post my impression after getting it back. Since buying my rt I have delt there exclusivly for service & maintance. Their service is timely, and fairly priced. All that I have had done there has been 5 star.----Budro

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Is the Oil dripping down the right side behind the radiator fan.?
    From what I can tell by looking under the bike the oil drip seems to be on left side of center frame rail. Since bike is under warranty, will let dealer fix the problem.

Spyder Garage

Default Jackson service

Update...Got the Pyder scheduled and serviced this past friday after talking to Mike the service manager the thursday before in person. Super guy, very personable and attentive.
    Went shopping around Jackson for 2 1/2 hours and when we got back Mike tells us the DPS wont reset (0 out) and that they may need to put another in. The mechanic got on the phone to BRP and in 30 minutes the Pyder rolled out for a test run. Explanation: Had to run an Updated download for older bikes. Very happy and can not wait for better weather. Thanks to all and hope to meet other Ryders from Ohio and about.

Spyder Garage

Finally had a warm day to go get my RT. The work that was supposed to be done was done. All issues were addressed & remedied in a first class fashion. As always my visit to Jackson for service has been a very positive experience.---Budro

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Felt good to get on the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by budro View Post
    Finally had a warm day to go get my RT. The work that was supposed to be done was done. All issues were addressed & remedied in a first class fashion. As always my visit to Jackson for service has been a very positive experience.---Budro