Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Smile George, did you get yur "Big Red"?

Quote Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
    Dave, it was a little too warm to ride today, but I managed to scoot over to Wal-Mart for bread and milk on my Burgman 650. I may stay home tomorrow when the Hill Country Road Riders go to New Braunfels, TX to have a Mexican breakfast....could be 90 tomorrow....oh, heck, I might ride anyway....
    Did you get yur New yet?

Spyder Garage

Smile 3/26/11*35F*Saturday So We Slept In

Best (human) Friend just called & is on his way over for us to get this Camper Thing taken care of. So many things to do, but I can't share all of them here, sorry guys. You'll find out at SpyderFest tho

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

ITS SNOWING
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Talking Why Yes, Yes he can

[QUOTE=Mr Orange;298832Can he find a bigger stick?
    [/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Cool 3/27/11*29F*Snowed OverNight

Its back to cold snowy weather, but we're hoping this is THE LAST SNOW of the season

Took Teddy with me in the car this morning to watch my Best Friends daughter do her Ice Skating Recital Was too cold to take Teddy on the so the RT-S had the day off (Guessed she deserved just 1)

Alot of stuff going on right now. Try'n to get everything ready for SpyderFest but Ive thrown a monkey wrench into it all and am just try'n to figure out how to make it all work
    If it does all work out, well, y'all may not recognize us at SpyderFest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave, have you no shame? Ya stole my Spyder....Black is beautiful, but RED is just......well, you know......

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Talking 3/28/11*29F*Snows All Gone Now*More on Wednesday Tho

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Dave, have you no shame? Ya stole my Spyder....Black is beautiful, but RED is just......well, you know......
    George, I don't know what your Talk'n about, buddy The pic I posted in the previous post of Teddy & I on that BEAUTIFUL was just a teaser for you while your wait'n on yours Teddy's Black Beauty RT-S is still out in his garage wait'n for it to warm back up so Tedster can go cruise'n in comfort again
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-28-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okay, I was thinking you might have traded or something like that. No, BR1 is still at the dealer. The south TX dealers have an agreement to stay closed on Monday...the HD guys don't...ha ha

Anyway, I have rescheduled my meeting and am supposed to pick up BR1 tomorrow afternoon. I will take the long way home, naturaly, and check things out.

I will compare it to my Wing, but on demo rides, the RT is much more responsive to steering inputs...I will have to be careful not to "horse" it around like a Wing trike. The braking ability is much better than the Wing. Some Wingers say "I can slide the back wheels!" As we know, ya ain't braking if you are sliding....the Spyder ABS is a huge PLUS. Some Wing kits will use the GW ABS, but it is not as good as you still have 2" of rubber on the front tire doing the majority of braking...the back tires help, sure, but the front rubber on the Spyder is five times that on the road, where it counts. JMHO Later, Big Red 1 AKA George....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Red face 3/28/11*29F*Keep Us Updated BR1

Its freezing out no Spyder'n for Teddy today. We're about to grab the car & head to Pets Mart cause he needs to get out & stretch for a bit (& Shmooz with his public) but after that, we're just work'n on laundry and figuring out how to arrange furniture now that i have a couch gone & all the electronic goodies are working thanks to Teddy's buddy Doug Hope any of you with nice enough weather, take a good Ryde for Teddy & I

As soon as it warms above freezing, we'll sneak a good one in as well

Spyder Garage

Red face 3/29/11*29F*Drove the Cage this morning

Interesting, the return to freezing temps. has me down with the Blues. I know I can still Ryde with my 1stGear Thermo Suit, but it's just not the same without Teddy with me I was Ryding the other day & had Tedster in his SpyderCrate right behind me, but you couldn't tell he was there. Even tho the crate is mesh-type, you still couldn't see Teddy, but he could see out. While I was Ryding I got the usual looks from ppl, but not the smiles & laughter that I'm accustomed to once ppl see Teddy. Its a totally different reaction. I mused to myself, "WOW! I bet this is what it's like for all the other SpyderRyders out there."
    Ryding the Spyder & yur a ROCKSTAR
    Ryding the Spyder with Teddy in doggles & leathers & yur aSUPERSTAR

I guess the attention ppl pay to Teddy & the Spyder is kind of addictive I almost get frustrated when going slowly thru town, & ppl miss see'n Teddy on the byke because their too busy look'n down at their cell phones or misc. gadget I'm think'n look up & enjoy something you don't get to see everyday & who couldn't use a good heart felt laugh & a smile I know I like it as often as possible
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-30-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Talking 3/29/11*45F*Later*Teddy do'n "HIS THING" vid clip

I LOVE Teddy, He's my Buddy
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBtqLOlGfIE[/ame]
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-29-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Talking 3/29/11*45F*Later+*Teddy Carry'n His BIG Stick Vid clip

We usually walk a 3 mile route around the neighborhood & Teddy will carry His BIG Stick the entire route
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAyzC2Z33q8[/ame]

Spyder Garage

Talking 3/30/11*29F*

Didn't Ryde in this morning. Update more later today

Teddy wait'n for "HIS" fries
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-30-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Red face 3/31/11*32F*Drove the cage in this morning

Stopped by Stoney's Coffee shop the other night with Teddy. Stoney used to be my neighbor when I lived in Mainstrasse Village. It's a great little coffee shop with all kinds of arts & crafts & paintings that Stoney does herself. It was so good to see Stoney again. I guess it's been almost 3 years since the fire at my old place & I miss living in the Village. It was kinda sad tho, cause Stoney had to put her own dog down not to long ago. Very sad. Teddy cheered her up tho, like he always does. I'm going to have Stoney do a "Princess Portrait" for my neighbors new baby, Leah. She's almost a year now, so this will be a good one, as I'll get a new one done each year. Stoney does great "Princess Portraits" & I have others she's done for me as well. We need to stop by & see her more often. She loved the Spyder & asked if she could take a Ryde when it gets warmer out

Been an emotional couple of days, help'n my best friend try n get his life back together house wise, as just last week, my brothers & I moved his soon to be Ex wife out & into her own place. So much chaos right now. Teddy was kinda lost at his house, cause he's used to dealing with Wally, (their chihuhua) but he's now living with his ex, so no dog to play with for Teddy.

Registered Users fordguyupnorth's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

where ya at dave? my kids are worried about you and teddy! hope you two are ok. they are missing their daily dose of the tedster's videos.

Spyder Garage

SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Talking 4/3/11*56F*Sunny*Thursday Was Opening Day

Sorry we've not updated in a couple of days, but no worries, Teddy is doing just fine Thursday was Opening Day here in Cincinnati & with the Cincinnati Reds being the Oldest Team (RedStockings) in the National League, well, its a pretty BIG thing around these parts. They actually started a petition to make Opening Day a Holiday in Cincinnati

Another interesting development around Opening Day, expecially for the BEER drinkers out there, was how they are now testing so they don't have to "pour" beer anymore. Check out the short vid clip here that shows how this is done. No more pour from the spout, but fill from the bottom. I thought it was a pretty trick invention myself, & I don't even drink beer They use a special beer cup, place it on the dispenser, and the beer flows up thru the bottom, where a magnet raises and allows the beer to flow. When the cups full, the magnet goes back down and seals the bottom of the cup again
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=invrXhog0J4[/ame]

Teddy of course was decked out in his Reds attire as we had to make his rounds around the Stadium for all the Great Reds Fans to see & take pics of. Can't tell you how many thumbs up & picture requests he got. I know we did get 2 "You made my day" so that always makes it worth while I thought we were busted, as a couple of bike cops in downtown saw us cruising by & both busted out laughing. I was waiting at the next street light for it to turn, when one of the bike cops came rushing up from behind & tapped me on the shoulder. About scared the out of me, as it wasn't expected while just sit'n at a downtown stop light. Well, I thought that was it, I was B U S T E D (Long Story) and going to jail (wondered if they'd let me take Teddy) I was blocking traffic & had to wave the line of vehicles behind me to go around. It was a female bike cop, & she was in amazement of Teddy & the Spyder. All this time, I was sweat'n it think'n I was BUSTED & going to jail, and here she is, now with her camera out, and ask'n if she can take a pic of Teddy You have NO CLUE how relieved I was PLEASE, TAKE ALL THE PICS YOU WANT!

In the pic showing the RT-S & Trailer on the boat dock, if you remember a lil while back, all of that area was under water less than 3 weeks ago

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Had to Fill Up Yesterday

Only Averaged 22.8 MPG this tank. Most just the RT, only about 50 miles pulling the trailer

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 4/4/11*60F*OverCast & ThunderStorms Today

Pic1)
    While Teddy & I were ryde'n along the Covington RiverFront yesterday, we came upon another SpyderRyde'n couple on a Sweet Look'n Silver RS that had stopped to look at the Larger Than Lyfe Murals along the river front. BOOM, just cruising along, and there they were We musta talked for an hour and they live close, so Teddy & I may now have some Spyder-Ryde'n buddies
    Pic2)
    Teddy Lick'n his chops in front of "The WaterFront" floating restaurant that broke loose from its moorings a couple weeks ago. They have it placed at the Covington Landing area for now
    Pic3)
    Our new Spyder Friends took a pic of both Teddy & I on his Spyder
    Pic4)
    Teddy patiently waiting in line at Gold Star Chilli for his Hot Dog. They make me pay for my food, but they GIVE Teddy a free Hot Dog almost every time he goes thru the drive thru I swear, that dogs got it SOOOOO GOOD
    Pic5)
    Don't HATE, but I had to take a pic to show what the temp. got up to yesterday. It shows 86F on the display, but its usually about 6F degrees high. So yeah, it got up close to 80F yesterday

ANOTHER GREAT DAY TO BE A SPYDER RYDER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Great to see some of more of TEDDY videos and pics of Teddy. We have been busy tring to get the winter projects done before we get our new so just getting caught up on your adventures . Last night we got about 2" of wet snow but thankfully it all gone now

Marker

Spyder Garage

Talking

More Pics of Teddy

Spyder Garage

Talking 4/5/11*46F*Started Clear this morning, then........

I guess it's just typical Cincinnati area weather. 11pm News last night said should be dry today but cooler with the slight chance of a pop up storm. Well, at 5:30am it was still dark but dry, so I decided to take the Spyder in to work this morning. I knew it would be a bit on the chilly side, but the high for today is suppose to be in the high 50'sF so I decided NOT to wear my 1stGear Ryding suit, as it would be too warm to wear on the trip home. So yeah, needless to say, I got WET on the Ryde in this morning. But all in all, it wasn't that bad. I had my full helmet and winter gloves, and the jacket I use for Ryding has an elongated collar & that helps tremendously with keeping the cold and rain out. So really, I only got "wet" on the outside and I myself stayed nice & cozy & dry Have I mentioned how well the RT handles in the rain? I'd honestly rather be on Teddy's then my cage in a downpour. I've yet to have an issue with hydroplaning or even slipping on the in the rain
    I love this machine

Spyder Garage

Talking Weather Forcast * Teddy & Skydie * Wanna Play?

Spyder Garage

Default 4/6/11*46F*R U READY 4 SpYderFest?

Got a lil wet on the Ryde in yesterday & a few sprinkles here and there on the way home as well Only got up to mid 40's yesterday so I didn't take Teddy out. Today is suppose to be much nicer with highs in the 50's & sunshine so I'll definitely get Teddy out for a Ryde

WOW! SpYderFest is only 22 days away, can you believe it?:ohyea:

Next weekend, (weather permitting) I think Teddy & I may take a pre-Ryde trip down to Cuba to see Len & the good folks at CowTown & see all the festivities that their putting together for all of us

Spyder Garage

Exclamation 4/7/11*80F*Went for an AWESOME RYDE, Had our 1st Fatality

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyxI0R0fg4o&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

He made it thru the 3 wheels of the Spyder somehow
    But the trailer got him

WOW!!! For all y'all that still have remnants of Winter left over, I'm sorry. Today, when I left work, it was sunny & almost 80F & even wearing a sleeveless shirt, I was sweat'n a bit Took the L O N G way home from work & loved it!
    As soon as I got home, I geared Teddy up, hooked up the RT622 Trailer & we headed out for an adventure. I'm gonna miss having this trailer, that's for sure. It just brings the Spyders Celebrity Level up a notch & I hardly notice it's even back there. Teddy & I were cruising thru Devou Park with the Spyder & Trailer, I swear, it's just like a snake sliding along the grass so effortlessly. Going thru some of the twisties in the park, I lower my center of gravity and almost hug the glove box & it's like I'm one with the machine. It's effortless to control & so much fun to use body English. Since I've never been a 2 wheel Ryder, I'm guessing this is what a lot of the fuss is about having a crotch rocket. You just glide thru the wind hug'n the road, the byke eating asphalt by the mile with an insatiable appetite that no matter how hard you twist the throttle, the bykes tires just can't eat enough pavement to satisfy itself, so it begs for more, more, more until ..........OH CRP TRIPLE DIGITS!!! WHOAH!!!
    Have I mentioned how addictive this machine is?
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-08-2011 at 06:02 AM.