Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anyways, we got to see the New Red RTS in person & WOW!!! that is one SWEET LOOK'N ! Fire Engine Red, I'd say. You Talk'n about cammanding attention on the road, WOW!!! You WILL be seen, that's for sure I had to stop myself from drool'n

George Lewis, your name came up in conversation, cause we all know that your waiting on your Fire Engine Red RTS to get there, & buddy, I think your going to be One Very Happy SpyderLover!!! [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the photos. It is a knockout for sure. I am gonna love that red...photos to come as soon as mine gets here...thanks again. Hey, Teddy, do you want to take a ride on a red scoot?

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Hey, Teddy, do you want to take a ride on a red scoot? [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE]

Good luck with that one George This pup is SO spoiled, he won't even let another person hold him. He gives others 5 seconds, then he turns into a worm & slides away

I told Teddy of your invite for the Trike reunion, but unfortunately, his driver (me) has to work & doesn't have enough time to make to TX & back so sadly) he won't be in attendance

Spyder Garage

Smile 3/10/11*43F*Overcast w/chance of rain & snow

Got to Ryde in this morning

Drop'n Teddy's off at Middletown Cycle today after work so I can get the 12K mile check-up & DPS recall done Hope'n the won't be out of commission long, otherwise Teddy & I are gonna be

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY

Ok, this is a follow-up continuation post about our Ryde home from Ask Powersports in Columbus the other night. I wish I knew how to be more eloquent in my rantings & could convey feelings & emotions better than I do.

So, I donned my 1st Gear Thermo Ryde'n Suit right before we left Ask. They were actually closed & Teddy was running around the Showroom while I was get'n geared up he's such a character I think Eric & Rob were the last 2 to leave besides Teddy & I. So off we headed on our 120 mike trip back home. About 30 miles into the Ryde, I thought a car up ahead had put on his windshield washer & I was getting the back splash, but I soon realized we were running into the rain they had called for. The Pledge worked remarkably well, just like rain-x. As soon as a bead of water hit, it was gone. I could see just fine, even with the shield at half-up position, the water just went right off the shield & up over my helmet. The Ryde home was much more enjoyable, even in the rain, thanks to my 1stGear Ryde'n Suit, I was warm & dry, and so was Teddy in his enclosed carrier.

You know the scene in any space movie (StarTrek comes to mind) where there going thru space & all you see is the white of the stars zipping by in long streaks, well, that's kinda what the rain hit'n my shield looked like. I was in hyper-space just zooming along. I think this Ryde gave me the experience as if I were trip'n on Acid or something I was completely sober tho, but was having a blast. For a while, I felt like I was in the Jetsons zoom'n around in one of their bubble cars thru space, guess I was Elroy & had Teddy right behind me. Be'n in a 1 piece riding suit & full face helmet, totally unexposed to the outside world, & I always wear my ear plugs, it's almost kinda like a mild form of sensory deprivation along with hyper sensory overload see'n everything zip'n by you effortlessly at 70mph, & the feel of the Gforces on your body at turns in the highway & passing cars & semi's. WOW! I know this was just my Ryde home, but it got even better. When I came upon the city, it was all lit up, be'n almost midnight, slightly raining & foggy, the city scape before me was Spectacular! Then BOOM!!! All of a sudden, I enter the Lytle Tunnel. It's a part of I71 that actually goes beneath part of the city of Cincinnati with SkyScrapers built on top of it. Well, its a quarter mile at most, but all the concrete is whit, with all florecent tube lighting though out. Entering this was like going into a worm hole or something to that effect if you've ever been to an OmniMax movie, you know exactly what I'm talking about. As soon as you get used to the brightly lit tunnel effect...... It is over.
    It spit me out the other side & I was following the hard dog-leg left of the highway up the on-ramp where I71&I75 converge into one highway on the Brent Spence bridge & right there BOOM Teddy & I were on top of the world. There is a point that you come out of a hard left turn & your going up the ramp to the bridge & you have no barrier walls blocking any of your views & everything opens up in front of you. Ive see'n this countless times in my car & never thought anything of it, but on Teddy's in the rain, IT WAS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE

Spyder Garage

Smile Crazy Busy Day

No time to update anything while at work today. Will post more tonight when I get home & I've had time to wear Teddy down a bit to allow me time in front of the computer

Hope everyone is doing well. We're over flood level now, got a barge stuck in front of my condo, rivers to high for him to get under the bridges. We got about 1/2 inch of snow last night, most gone now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-12-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Wink 3/11/11*Let The Pics Speak For ThemSelves

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 3/12/11*69F*Awesome & Sunny*Wonderful Rydes

YOU WRITE THE CAPTIONS

Spyder Garage

Cool 3/13/11*49F*Cloudy/Overcast All Day

Pics of the Flooded Ohio River & a Barge stranded in front of my condo, cause the river is SO HIGH, the Barge can't fit under the I71/75 Bridge & she's a BIG one with 4 decks. 1st time since We've lived here in the condo that we've had to be aware that we had ppl actually watch'n us (sometimes with binoculars) through our front windows (We're 3 & 4 storys off the ground & usually 5 or 6 storys off the river crest)

Kinda feel like we're in a reality show, cause they cant go anywhere, a captive audiance just sit'n there, constantly having to adjust, running engines at 1/2 power, just to hold position til the river level goes back down, low enough for them to fit under the bridge and continue on

They've been there going on 3 days straight now, so not much else to do but watch whatever show is available, right? & you know how much Teddy Likes Put'n on a show

(The last pic is out my living room window. It was 36 degrees & the flooded Ohio River was fogged over. Made for some GREAT Scenery

Spyder Garage

Question Hey George, whats the word on your RED SCOOT?

Spyder Garage

Wink 3/14/11*42F*Chance of showers today*Tested Teddy's Restraint System Last Night

Well, had plans to load up my 9 bags of mods along with the camper & head over to my friends house so he could help me with all this electronics stuff, and I couldn't even find the 2 main electrical components was I sweat'n it kinda ruined my entire Sunday & I worked Saturday, so it was turn'n into a lousy weekend

But of course, after debating calling the cops & reporting the stuff missing/stolen ($1500 worth) so I could get insurance involved, I ended up finding the GPS & the Rear View System inside the rear of the camper: at almost 10pm last night At least I found 'em

Well, to help with my frustration, I took Teddy for a nice Sunset Cruise along the banks of the flooded Ohio river & WOW, IS IT A SITE TO SEE ! We were going down RT 8 that runs in front of my condo and all along the river, when, just as we were coming out of town, BOOM!!! Another one of those picturesque moments that TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY!!!

Right past one of the marinas, there is an open area of the river, and with it being flooded, it created an alcove that isnt normally ever there. And with it being right at sunset, with all the beautiful colors Mother Nature has to offer, it was an amazingly Awesome site, with Vibrant Pinks, Violets, Blues & a lil Dark Crimson to round it out It looked like a Tropical Paradise here in the MidWest.

I came upon it suddenly & was so taken by the site, I immediately hit my brakes & poor Teddy came crashing into my back but luckily, with his
    harness and being strapped in, he was no worse for the wear except for the lil
    Evil Eye I could see him giving me

I almost caused an accident, as there was another car following close behind, with the passenger try'n to get a good photo op. Of Teddy but luckily I sped up fast enough to avoid a rear ender but sadly, by the time I got turned around and back to the site, the sun had set & the magic of the moment was gone & I didn't get a pic to share with y'all But it kinda looked like this, minus the palm trees & me lay'n in a hammock
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-14-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: added pic

Spyder Garage

Default 3/14/11*44F*Front Row Seats For The Barge Rescue

Well, the Barge is on day 4 of being stranded in front of my condo. Tonight, about 6pm EST a rescue mission took place. Not to rescue them, but to actually resupply them. Took a few pics & Vid Clips I thought I'd share. Also, a couple pics of Teddy play'n fetch down at the river park

***I LOVE THE LAST PICK OF TEDDY HERE***

Dave & Teddy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T8GwouvJ5U[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRQkBK4Xq9A[/ame]

Spyder Garage

Talking Teddy Play'n Fetch Again

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_lS_CVz-SU[/ame]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Where's the restaurant on the barge that broke loose? I don't remember the name of it. I think some local celeb owns it.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Post 3/15/11*44F*Raining*Didn't Ryde In Today

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Where's the restaurant on the barge that broke loose? I don't remember the name of it. I think some local celeb owns it.
    Yeah, it's actually just called "The Waterfront" restaurant. It's a bit up river from me, just out of site from my condo, tho it came close to be'n front row if it hadn't run into the bridge support. Local Celeb Jeff Ruby owns it. Here's a write up about it in the local news.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...-breaking-away

Formal Bengal Chris Collingsworth was eating dinner there when it happened. Be'n a larger guy, he was the first one to go across the makeshift ladder gangway to make sure it would hold. Some ppl thought he was just a wus, & pulled his Celeb weight to be the 1st off Only in Cincinnati

They now have The Waterfront tied up to the piers at the Covington Landing. Tho, Ruby's not sure if he can afford to reopen or not saying it's already cost 6 figures just to save the barge and place it where it is now, & his insurance doesn't cover damage due to flood. Seems if I had a boat, I'd want flood coverage, but what do I know

Spyder Garage

Default 3/15/11*56F*Rainy*Teddy sYd bY sYd B4 & After

He's got a month to grow b4 SpyderFest 2011 -
    (keep in mind that with him logging over 100 Miles a week on the back of HIS,
    long hair is a pain to deal with & constant brushing hurts him)

Which hair-cut do y'all think looks best for Teddy?

****side note, he does seem much happier with short hair IMHO****
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-15-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Question 3/15/11*Let The Mod'n begYn

I wish I knew another Spyder Ryder that lived within 50 miles or so from me that knew a bit about electricals and work'n on the

Ive got so much to do and Ive never really been the mechanical type, but with all the Great Vids on here from ppl like Lamonster, Scotty Etc...

I dont feel too intimidated to work on it myself. But its always better with a buddy along to help and give a different perspective and angle to thoughts and processes that a new Ryder/s may not readily think of, and when your drilling holes, I'd rather not make a mistake

Add'n all kinda lights, GPS, Dual Rear View Camera Systems Not to mention get'n Teddy's Play Pen on wheels ready for SpyderFest 2011

***Anybody around that would like to tag along on a mod'n adventure on a 2010 Timeless Black RT-S & Teddy's personal $3K Dog House(Moto-Mate Camper) on wheels?

Spyder Garage

Wink 3/16/11*42F*Got to Ryde in today

Forecasted for a chance of spotty showers, so I'm take'n my chances & I rode in this morning. Have I said I Love My Spyder Lately?

Ugh, wish I could stop sneezing

This is suppose to be a really nice week temp. wise, get'n up into the high 60'sF & 1 day even into the 70's with only a lil chance of rain

So, if there's any other SpyderRyders close that wanna get-together for a Ryde anytime this week or weekend, just send me a PM & let me know

Spyder Garage

Talking 3/16/11*Got Up To 65F Today*

Teddy & I did about 100 miles today & it was Glorious

had to fill up only 21.5 Avg. Mpg.

barge finally left today with help from another tug

Teddy Strut'n his stuff
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-17-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Spyder Garage

Talking 3/16/11*More Pix from our Ryde today

Pic1- Teddy on his Spyder in front of the WaterFront RiverBoat that got away. It's in a temporary spot till the flood waters go down.

Pic2- Pose'n in front of one of the Mt.Adams Mansions

Pic3- Pose'n in front of the Celestial. One of Mt.Adams' most sought after addresses

Pic4- Devou Park Overlook of the Cincinnati Riverfront & Skyline

Pic5- Teddy Pose'n again at the Overlook
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-17-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

Smile 3/17/11*42F @ 5:30am*HAPPY ST. PATTIES DAY

About 42F on the Ryde in this morning. Suppose to be in the 70's today, so I didn't even wear my 1stGear Ryde'n suit, just jogging pants, short sleeve shirt, jacket, gloves & full face helmet & it made for a nice Ryde in this morning. Granted, it's only 19 miles one way, but having a to commute to work on every day helps to actually "lyke" going to work & leaving work is even better. Gonna gear up Teddy when I get home from work today, grab our disc-golf bag & head over to Boone Woods Park to meet up for a round with my best friend. Should be a good time be'n that's gonna be sunny & in the 70's

Curious how anyone living in warmer climates ever get anything done
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-17-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Talking 3/17/11*70F*3:30PM*Gear'n Up Teddy & Head'n out for some Disc-Golf

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 3/18/11*63F @ 5:30am*Didn't Wanna Stop At Work

OMG!!! It was 63F to start the day. I had a problem taking my exit off the highway this morning the & I just wanted to keep on going
    Oh yeah, then I remembered that work pays for the so I took the dang exit but believe me, I'm DEFINATELY going out for a lunch Ryde today

You guys missed a good time yesterday. Will have to wait til I get home to post the pics, but Teddy was a Blast at the Frisbee-Golf course yesterday. The dog is smart & very food motivated. If I can figure out how to get him to understand something, with treats, almost anything is possible for him. We've got him trained to find our discs once we throw them & he does a pretty good job at it. One caveat is that when your making your stance to throw, he charges the pad like a lil rhino coming to gouge you & barking like a freight train we work on one thing at a time tho

After the match, it was still kinda early, about 5:30pm, & with daylight savings time, it doesn't get dark til almost 8pm now, so a Ryde'n we went

So warm, sunny & nice to be out We took the really long way home from the park, went around the airport & watched the planes taking off and landing, & then rode all along the Ohio river & stopped here & there to take a
    pic or two. Kinda funny, but now I'm start'n to take pics of all the ppl taking pics of Teddy & the it's just kinda comical at how this lil guy on the back of a can make so many ppl smile and laugh. Especially now with his Spyder-Hawk died to where you can see it well, ppl just bust out laugh'n in disbelief it's a good thing tho.

Yesterday, when we stopped by The Celestial to take a pic, a nice, very wealthy couple noticed us & came over to chat. They loved Teddy & the & the gentelman made a comment that kinda stuck with me. He said,

"You know, you've got a pretty good life get'n to Ryde around free as a bird with your best friend right there with ya, and look at how many ppl you bring
    happiness and joy to just by sharing something that you love yourself. Yup, I'd say that's a pretty nice life to live my friend."

At the time, I just thanked the man & we went on our way. But the more & more I think about it, WOW!!! How right he is
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-18-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Smile 3/18/11*70F*Cloudy/OverCast/Warm/Some Sprinkles

Enjoy random pics of Teddy & the over the past few days

1-At the Disc-Golf Course
    2- Fill up # gals
    3- Miles
    4- Teddy in the Drivers Seat
    5- Patriotic Teddy

Spyder Garage

Smile More Adventures of Teddy

1- Had some company at work today
    2- Teddy do'n what he does best, make'n ppl Smile
    3- Looks like some1 had a BAD DAY
    4- Another Fill Up # Gals.
    5- # Miles

Spyder Garage

Talking I AM SO THANKFUL & GRATEFUL EVERY DAY

Teddy & I are truly blessed.

We are far from rich
    and sometimes have trouble making ends meet
    but we make it
    & every day with the in our lives
    all the little stuff looses its meaning (Don't Swet The Small Stuff)
    & you really begin to experience the POWER that
    Smile'n, Laugh'n & share'n Love with each other
    as the one Wise Elder Gentelman stated,
    "Well, Making someone elses day is a pretty good way to live a lYfe."

I think he's right
    its a pretty good lYfe to lYve
    Especially if you're Teddy