Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy 2-17-11 Continued +

Yeah, I'm not good with be'n a very patient person, but I'm try'n

I found another one of my limits today concerning Spyder Ryde'n

30+ MPH Wind Gusts on a Stock RT-S was a bit un-nerving on the ryde home from work today

The byke actually handeled it pretty well, tho I was almost blown off twice. Needless to say, after I got home, the Spyder stayed in the garage tonight
    and we're suppose to be get'n rain in the morning, so I'll probably be cage'n it to work tomorrow

I don't know who's more depressed about not ryde'n tonight, me or Teddy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Smile 2-18-11 57F degrees @ 5:30am got to ryde in today

Well, the forecast for today was spotty showers, but when i checked the weather this morning, it seems the incoming cold front broke up over night, & they changed to spotty wet spots at best good enough for me to ryde I always have my rain-gear stowed in my left side compartment just in case. And as many other owners can attest, the Spyder handles remarkably well in the rain

When I came in to work yesterday, I was kinda shocked. Forgot what it's really like, pulled in the lot & there were at least 13 other bikes already here. For the last few months, I've been the only byke out there but the warm weather brings out all the traditional riders try'n to get there mid-winter fix & I can't blame 'em. Now the ribbing starts One Harly guy stated, "you know when riding season gets here, you'll have to park that monster out in the lot"

A little background. I work at a manufacturing plant (Ford) & we have over
    1500 employees, 4 different parking lots & most of them have motorcycle
    parking spots divided by metal poles right up front, & YES, we're UNION
    so buying American & supporting American jobs is very Important
    to us all our parking lots are even segregated, for company made
    vehicles, you get to park in the front 3/4 of the lot, all others (foreign
    competition) & you get to park out by the street, & believe me, that's a long
    walk after I got divorced when i was living in FL, & moved back up to the Cincy area & got the job at Ford, I had a VW Beetle. Well, this was before the parking lot segregation, I came out 1 day to find my beetle had been keyed all the way down one side. Guess it was a kind of hint about supporting where you work, which I AGREE, THEY WERE WRONG TO DO, but after being here almost 11 years now, I totally understand that message now more than ever. So yeah, got rid of the Beetle & bought my Couger

Anyways, there are only a limited non-pole motorcycle parking spots for larger fully dressed bikes to fit into, & I've had free roam of them for months now, & that was what the Harly guy was talking about. I usually get in about 5 minutes before my shift starts, so usually their are many ppl already here before me & it's first come first spot taken. So, sadly, unless I'm will'n to get up earlier than 4:30am everyday he's probably right when the warm weather actually gets here So be it. Im happy to say, no one has really knocked the Spyder, even tho it's made in Canada, they'd rather see that than something made in China

Hope the winds stay low tonight so we can get out & ryde some more. George Clooney is in town shoot'n his new movie & I've been taking Teddy with me to the reported shooting locations with the hope of the off chance someone will spot us and allow us to be maybe Ryding in the background of one of the scenes, hey, it can't hurt to try

Spyder Garage

Lots of Fords are made in Canada, too...including my F-150. "American" isn't limited to the USA.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Lots of Fords are made in Canada, too...including my F-150. "American" isn't limited to the USA.
    Well put Scotty!(ya gotta love that 150,my other ride too.)My wifes' Toyota Venza is made in Kentucky.Go figure.

(Not meaning to hi-jack your thread Cincy)

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.

Spyder Garage

if I already had expierence with my car being keyed.... I'm not so sure I would park my Spyder anywhere near there.

Sounds like a fun group to work with

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cyncy, thanks for the gas info. I just had coffee with a Spyder RT-S owner, and he has about 1,000 miles on it and has not checked the mileage....He is a long time HD rider and loves his Spyder.

I just looked out the window and the UPS truck put a box over my gate...my battery operated Gerbing jacket I'll bet. It was a little drizzly but warm this morning....really enjoyed the 60 mile round trip. High of 77-80 tomorrow for our lunch ride....

Well, gotta go out and get the box...don't want it rained on....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
    [B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Cyncy, thanks for the gas info.
    George, anytime I can help, glad too. I hope you like yur Gerbing Vest & that you have a good lunch run tomorrow. I know you must be feel'n like a kid right b4 Christmas wait'n on yur new scooter to arrive. I remember those days well. Biggest problem I have now is how often my face hurts from smile'n so much while Ryde'n

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post
    if I already had expierence with my car being keyed.... I'm not so sure I would park my Spyder anywhere near there.

Sounds like a fun group to work with
    Well, I used to be low key & I liked that anonymity. But, as any Spyder Owner can attest, with be'n a Spyder Owner you automatically become a sort of celebrity. So now, even tho I still don't know many of the ppl I work with, just about everyone in the Plant knows who I am So with that notoriety, I'm kinda safe and more accepted, ppl wait'n to see how the byke handles the time of be'n a daily driver. I've actually had ppl snap pics of the byke parked out front & send it to me, with a caption like "AWESOME RYDE"
    1 other employee drives a white RS-S but rarely rides it to work & never in cold weather so I get to rarely ever see his

But I feel safe with my Spyder, cause we have over 150 bikers there on any given day during the riding season, & most bikers, even of other makes, stick together

Spyder Garage

Talking 2-19-11 53F Great Ryde to MiddleTown Cycle & Traders World

Geared up Teddy in his Golds Gym T-Shirt & Doggles & decided to head north into Ohio & check out the Traders World Flea Market to see if they had any good deals on embroidered personalized wearable items so I can get some of Teddy's gear outfitted with Spyder decals etc... Yes, the dog is spoiled I know

Well, I realized that MiddleTown Cycle, (which is a dealer I Personally Highly recommend) was the next exit up, & I wanted to see if they had any of the 2011 models in yet & also needed to schedule my 12K mile service & see if there's anything they can do to correct a weird electrical glitch I've been having. If any one else has had this issue, please speak up & let me know if you've been able to correct it

A few months back, I got a drip of rain on the clear plastic above the LCD display. I was wearing full gloves at the time & took my gloved hand and gently wiped the water off the plastic above the LCD. I didn't press at all, more like just brushed the water droplet away. Well, in doing so, the screen went totally black for about 6 seconds then it went into the reboot mode like when you 1st start the RT & then to thePRESS MODE BUTTON TO START screen. All this while going down the highway at 30-40 MPH. I actually had to press the MODE button and then it all went back to normal. The byke never stopped or anything, just all in the LCD display.
    Now this happens often but sporadically anytime I brush my hand over the LCD screen

While at Middletown, peirelogic (fellow SpyderLovers member) was already there & came up & greeted us as soon as we got there it was a welcome surprise as I rarely ever get to meet & chat with fellow members. I showed him my lil computer glitch & he had never seen anything like it. I showed the service mgr. as I was luckily able to replicate it a few different times, & he was amazed, never seen anything like it either. Said when I take my RT-S in on Monday for my 12K mile service that they'll probably have to call BRP Tech. Support to see what they say Hopefully, they can figure something out

Anyways, it was another great ryde. Took a few pics to share. 1 I had peirelogic pose with Teddy in front of MiddleTown Cycle. Another was at the rest-stop on the way there. Took a couple at TradersWorld as well I lost count of all the ppl giving us the while Ryding at 31 ppl & countless ppl laugh'n, point'n & smile'n On the ryde home, I actually had a guy follow us off the exit & flag us down to stop. When we pulled over, he was laugh'n so hard he could hardly talk. He said he took a pic of Teddy & I and that he wanted my cell number so he could share it with us so I gave it to him & I just realized, this is the 1st pic I have with Teddy & I BOTH on the byke. Usually, it's always me taking the pics, so I'm never in them thought it was kinda cool for him to offer that Then a couple crossing the street busted out when the saw Teddy & asked me to wait so she could find her camera to snap a pic, so we obliged & they both thanked us for making their day I don't think I'll ever get tired of that ANOTHER GR8 RYDE~!
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-19-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Red face 2-20-11 Woken up by sleet slamming into my skylites

Ugh!!! I swear I'd like to find the arcitecht that designed my condo & bitSlap him upside his head! Who the in their right mind would design a bedroom with skylites right over where your bed goes This was murder when I worked mid-night shift try sleep'n between 2-9pm with the summer sun beating straight down on you yes, they are covered & I had to wear a sleep'n mask, but that still didn't really help

Anyways, I'm up now & grumpy as guess with sleet, I'll be cage'n it to family brunch today more later.

2-20-11 Continued

Yup, it was all ice this morning, so i caged it to family brunch Watch'n the Daytona 500 right now.

Sent an Email this morning to Elka, with my lil profile of my ryde'n style filled out to see what set-up they think would work best for me. I really need to do something to help with the suspension set-up on my 2010 RT-S. As most know, its not the worst handling thing on the road, but especially since I'm going to be towing my Camper for many miles starting this Spring with the 8hr road trip to Cuba for Spyderfest, and with the Camper only having torsion suspension, I gotta do something

Anyways, Lamont posted about my LCD issue that I could have a loose connection, so I'll be checking my connections here as soon as the race is over Hope all those out there that are having decent weather have the time to get out there and ryde

2-20-11 Continued Again

Just got back from a nice ryde tonight. After the Race, I checked my electrical connections for my display, and everthing seemed nice & tight Bruser made a post that he had a similar situation with his LCD Display & suggested it may be from a static discharge could be, not sure. Maybe they'll be able to find out something when I take it up to MiddleTown Cycle.

After I double checked the connections, it was almost 50F degrees, so I had to gear up Teddy & head out to make sure everthing was still ok, so we went to see my best friend that lives over by the airport, about 15 miles on the highway

Was a nice ryde & a great visit. His wife & daughter went to see the new Beiber movie in 3D (WTF) so he & I tore into the Spyder some more. Havent been able to get the LCD to blank out any more tonight, so I asked him to help me with placement & installation of some new lights I got from BikeVis in the UK. Read a great review of them in a biker mag that was posted on here somewhere, & thought I'd give them a try. Great product, tho I have to send them back, as I ordered the blue & they sent me clear (or white)

Anyways, posted a couple pics, had to fill up again, & this was a GOOD TANK! maybe one of my Highest Avg. Mpg. since record keeping at 26 MPG
    Almost all of this Tank was highway, just byke & Teddy, no trailor/camper, with the shield at 1/2 & most miles using Cruise Control on Open Highway
    Stopped by the airport on way home tonight (About 11pm) & snapped a couple pics of Teddy Lit Up on the back of the RT-S in front of the Airport sign. Kinda funny, its called "THE GREATER CINCINNATI AIRPORT, & its not even located in Cincinnati, or even Ohio for that matter Its call letters are CVG, for CoVinGton (the city I actually live in) and its not even in that city either Its actually located in Hebron, KY But its full name is "THE GREATER CINCINNATI, NORTHERN KY, INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT"
    Things that make you go........ LOL
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-20-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Red face 2-21-11 59F Degrees at 5:45am, Sprinkling -Unintentionally Rode In

Yur probably wondering,"HOW DOES A PERSON UN-INTENTIONALLY RYDE?"

By miss-placing your car keys, thats how!

And even tho its pouring down raining, and I was already dressed to drive my car to work in the wee hours of the morning. I was forced to hurry up & change into wet-weather ryde'n Gear and ryde in to work

Thats how I un-intentionally rode to work today

The ryde in was actually pleasant, just a slight drizzle every now and then The ryde home today, thats another story all-together Talk'n about rain'n cats & dogs, WOW!!! It was really coming down, dark, gray, gloomy, chilly, BLAH BLAH BLAH Typical Cincy Winter Weather, I know, I know, It could be much worse Well, I donned my wet-weather gear for the ryde home, and have I stated "HOW MUCH I LOVE MY SPYDER RT-S" cause I really do LOVE this machine. It handled the downpour well, no hydro-planing at all, on the highway going between 45 & 75 MPH. Only issue I had was going by Semi's, with all that dang spray they shoot out, makes it kinda hard to see. But I arrived home with no issues, and was even dry (Cant say the same for my ryde'n gear, but hey, thats what its for, right? )
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-21-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Stopped by the airport on way home tonight (About 11pm) & snapped a couple pics of Teddy Lit Up on the back of the RT-S in front of the Airport sign. Kinda funny, its called "THE GREATER CINCINNATI AIRPORT, & its not even located in Cincinnati, or even Ohio for that matter Its call letters are CVG, for CoVinGton (the city I actually live in) and its not even in that city either Its actually located in Hebron, KY But its full name is "THE GREATER CINCINNATI, NORTHERN KY, INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT"
    Things that make you go........ LOL
    I think because of budget cuts that are happening all accross the country, they left out the word "THAN".

Therefore the correct wording maybe should have been "THE GREATER THAN CINCINNATI AIRPORT"

Spyder Garage

Wink 2-21-11 Its Still Rain'n :( But at least I got my Fix In

Rained in after my wet ryde home from work But at least I got my ryde in

Talked with John, from Elka today. 1st Impression Very Nice, professional, & really took the time to explain all the benifits & dynamics that goes into fitting an individuals ryding needs & ryding style to match up with the Best Suspension Set-up for their particular machine Top Rate Service

He suggested that I go with the Stage 1's W/Rebound Adjustment #300 Spring based on my useage of about
    50% Solo-Semi/Agressive/Touring 30%+Teddy/Touring 20%+Teddy+Camper/Touring =
    100% FUN !!!

Sorry for the rave, just thought I'd share a good experience. Also, thought I'd share some random pics Comment if you'd like
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-03-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

Red face 2-22-11 28F @ 5:30am

Back to the cold weather for a bit. At least it was not raining, sleeting or snowing this morning. Think we have chances for snow later today/tonight

On the way home from work yesterday in the downpour, I noticed my TRUNK OPEN LIGHT kept flashing it's warning repeatedly throughout my ryde Not sure what's going on with it. I even stopped twice & made sure they were all closed & they were so this morning, on the ryde in, it wasn't showing until about mid-way thru the ryde, then it came on again today something else to add to the check list

Spyder Garage

Post 2-22 34F 5pm Cold w/flurries

Went up to Middletown Cycle on my lunch break today. It was flurry'n out, but no worries, good ryde as usual They called me to let me know the parts I ordered finally came in from BRP. Is it just me, or is BRP really slow at get'n stuff shipped out to customers & Always seems anything you want is gonna be on back order ?

Anyways, my trailer wiring harness came in (back-ordered) & also my instrument gauge bezel Got an appointment tomorrow with a custom fabrication shop about get'n a custom dash made for my RT-S to add a GPS & LCD for my Rear-View Camera System for when I'm pulling my Camper on long Road-Trips

Stopped on the way back from MiddleTown & took a couple pics of MY guard-rail. I say MY cause I bought it, literally & figuratively! But at $1345.76 it was alot cheaper than the alternative, which would've been my life Back in '03 I fell asleep while driving my '98 Mustang GT Convertible, w/cruise on 70mph. and dead headed into the front of the guardrail & took out 8 of the support beams If I hadnt hit the rail dead center with my Mustang, I would've been killed or my friend sleeping in the passenger seat surely would've been hurt or killed Neither one of us had a scratch on us and we both walked away much more appreciative of everything we have, especially our health & lives

Avg'd 25.7 Mpg this Tank.

Stay safe out there & Be Grateful For EVERY RYDE
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-22-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Post 2-23-11 28F Cold but Clear

I despise Cincinnati area winters. I'm thankful that's it not much worse as I know it can be, but we just have so many dreary, cold & grey days like the pics I posted yesterday look like it's early dawn or dusk maybe, but no, that was 11am daylight under all the drearyness BLAH!!! When it's like this, I just wanna keep hit'n the s n o o z e button. Was almost late for work this morning. I noticed that my left fender marker light is out, but still rode in this morning. Anyone know the part number for a good high-powered LED replacement?

More later.

Spyder Garage

Talking 2-23-11 28F Continued - Really LONG way home

Well, another BLAH day here in the Cincy area, but the sun poked through for about 20 minutes when I left work today so that made me HAPPY along with get'n to ryde

I stopped by Spade Kreations off I275W & the Mount Healthy Exit. They mostly trick out cars, suv's & the like, tho the fabricator I talked with said he had worked on another Spyder last year & the ryder had them install a 20" LCD in the FRUNK so that when you opened it, the TV would be there backwards aiming toward the ryder Not sure why a person would want it this way & the fabricator didnt really get it either & said it was royal pain in the A to do. Said he thought it was mostly "just for show."

Well, I showed the fabricator my extra dash bezzel that I ordered from BRP & what I wanted done, (Rear-View LCD & GPS) and he said that he could do it & make the LCD & GPS built in so they couldn't be stolen without taking the entire dash out of the byke, but I'd still be able to use the touchscreen on the GPS

Curious, Ive never dealt with anything being custom fabricated, but he quoted me around $350-$400 is this reasonable ? I know its something I cant do myself, but seems there arent many choices in my area, & this guy was recommended by other shops that said they couldn't do it I'd like to hear some others' responses &/or experiences, Thanks

Anyways, I took the really L O N G way home today I275W thru Indiana, since I was already up that way leaving from work. Stopped & took a couple pics of the Welcome to Indy state sign

Looks like I'll be cage'n it tomorrow due to, how'd the Weatherman put it, Buckets & Buckets of Rain turning into snow later this weekend
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-23-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

If the guy seems to do good work, and has good references, take him up on it. I'm no expert, but I think the price is quite reasonable for made-to-order work. I wouldn't do it for that.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 02-23-2011 at 09:16 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

If the guy seems to do good work, and has good references, take him up on it. I'm no expert, but I think the price is quite reasonable for made-to-order work. I wouldn't do it for that.
    Thanks for your input, Scotty

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

..to quote the most obnoxious commercial on television..

WOW!!
    THAT'S A GOOD PRICE!!

Spyder Garage

Talking 2-24-11 41F Flood Warning 1-3" of Rain :(

Yup, I caged into work today, but it's a good thing. I need to drive the cage every now & then to keep it running. Plus, I guess it's kinda like this winter weather, it makes me appreciate my Spyder even more every day I end up cage'n it

Suppose to turn colder this weekend & with all the rain we're having now & gonna be get'n then, likely turning into some snow & ice I know... I know... It IS still wintertime I'm SO look'n forward to SpyderFest, as I'm sure most of y'all are as well This will be our (Teddy & I)1st Spyder/ Biker event

I wish I knew why I'm not getting more of a response with try'n to sell my BRP RT622 Trailer. It's a great trailer & for a grand off retail makes it an awesome deal I'm getting a little flustered cause I'm out of space in my garage & can't move to do anything in there, not to mention I can't start on my mods to the Moto-Mate or RT until I have the funds from the sale of the trailer guess we all wish we were independently wealthy

Spyder Garage

Talking Buckets & Buckets My A**

Yeah, it sprinkled a bit at 5:30am when I took Teddy out to potty this morning, so I figured, best not to ryde, we're suppose to be get'n "Buckets & Buckets of Rain today." NOT !!! Rain was a no show!

So, as soon as I got home, I geared the Tedster up & off cruise'n we went Took some pics & a couple vids along the way. Not sure how to upload the Vids, but if they work, TURN YUR VOLUME DOWN, I had ear plugs & muffs on & I didn't realize how loud my stereo volume was, sorry. Again, if the upload works, one is sideways (sorry) coming across the (blue) Suspension Bridge. The Brooklyn Bridge in NY is modeled after this one, many ppl dont know that The next vid is of us pulling up to my condo along the Ohio River & the Cincinnati SkyLine along with my neighbors UFO house. Like Teddy, definately a sight to be seen

So, we got to get out, and we visited the guy I'm gonna have paint my Moto-Mate Camper & also add Diamond Plate to the Camper and accent my RT-S with it as well to tie everything visually together
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-24-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Cool TURN YUR VOLUME DOWN

Teddy & I on RT-S going across the Roebling Suspension Bridge from Covington KY into Downtown Cincinnati Ohio. This is the 1st time Ive ever uploaded vids or created a YouTube account, so forgive my learning curve. This 1st vid is sideways sorry.

Going across the BrentSpence Double Decker Bridge I71/75 South from Ohio into KY. I live off the 1st exit going south in to KY. You see all the gray buildings built up on piers along the banks of the Ohio River? Thats where Teddy allows me to live as long as I have our

This is where I call home The first gray building you see up on peirs all by itself, thats mine, I live on the top two floors, and love it. Have a full river/skyline view and an awesome UFO house as a neighbor

This is the UFO house & showing my 1 car garage & if you look behind the pier by my yellow Cougar, you see the HUGE trash can I dont have room to put inside my garage cause I got the Spyder, Trailer & Camper

Hope this works. Just thought I'd give y'all a lil bit better insight as to where Teddy & I live and where we spend most our time cruising around on our beloved !!!

Spyder Garage

Question 2-25-11 37F Snaining.... The buckets finally arrived

Right after my ryde of take'n some vid clips last night, we started get'n the buckets & buckets of rain. Not sure what it is about pouring down rain that just makes me wanna S L E E E E E E P !!!

Well, I'm on my 3rd cup of & I'm not even a coffee drinker

I was actually like 20 minutes late this morning just couldn't get up and since it was raining, I caged it in again.

Hopefully it clears up by the time I get off & Teddy & I can get our ryde in tonight Sad to say it, but I think I have an addiction Even a co-worker mentioned she can tell a difference in my mood from when I ryde in or cage it in But it doesn't interfere with my life, I've just adjusted my life around the IS THAT A BAD THING?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Excellent Posts CyncySpyder! I'm not very far away in KY but here is an unfortunately long vid from the nose of my RTS - shakey, long and boring perhaps but fun ryding

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0qnv9NJiWy4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If the video didn't link, I messed up, sorry :P

If so maybe this will work: