Spyder Garage

Default WE'VE GOT A NEW DEALER!!!

Flat Out Motorsports, Martinsville.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How did you find out? That's in your back yard. Find out their background, training etc. Let us know.
    BTW, I just googled them. I assume you mean Flat Out Powersports. Looks like a nice dealership.
    Last edited by Trickie Dick; 02-10-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Mark told me about it today, I'll be going down there tomorrow, let you know.

john

Spyder Garage

Flatout Powersports
    390 SR 37 N
    Martinsville, IN 46151

765 342-6335

They're on the southwest corner of SR 37 and SR 44, waiting for parts and Spyders, sound familiar?

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did you get a feel for their service dept. Anybody there got any spyder training? I understand the owner has another store on East Washington in Indy. I wonder if they be selling and servicing there also?
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

The service manager is taking the on line trainng right now, they seemed interested and ready, but none of them has ridden a Spyder, except a demos. The Washington St shop won't be selling Spyders. They're expecting 2 RS and 1 RS-S next week.

john

Spyder Garage

Nice to hear there will be another dealer in the vicinity of Indy. Hope their training will lead to a good alternative for service, parts, etc. in the near future. Look forward to updates from John on how he feels the dealer is doing.

Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BTW, I dropped by Indy Cycle yesterday to see what's going on. They are still servicing spyders and still have their buds system. They just don't get any updates therefore they can't be used for things like the steering recall. Their spyder tech is still there. IMHO I think he is pretty good. In talking with the owner, a couple of things worth mentioning. He had good things to say about the dealer in the FT. Wayne area. He also said there is a company that sells the hardware and a software subscription service to the BUDS. The way he talked, it would offer the most uptodate software/diagnostics available. He said they were thinking about it since he has a base of spyders in the Indy area. (I wouldn't count on it)
    Indy Cycle is only selling used equipment now, in all lines. No new of anything. They had 3 or 4 spyders on the floor along with several other makes.
    Hope they make it. I think Randy, the owner, is a nice guy.
    Love my

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Do you think the East Washington store will also be doing servicing on them? Looks like they have a couple up for sale, or will only the Martinsville store only be doing this?

I still need to get my DPS recall done, and I'd like for them to look at my parking brake - it still slips consistently to the point that I don't trust it at all. And I figured I'd have them change the oil in it at the same time. I figure I might get a little price break since they'd have all of the plastic off one way or the other.

Thanks!
    Robbie

Spyder Garage

The Martinsville store will be the dealer, the Washington St store didn't have the room. Spyders will have their own showroom, they're working on it now.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default First Purchase

My wife and I just purchased our first spyder, from them. We were the first spyder sale for them. The service manager seems to know his stuff about the spyders, the parts department has already placed a huge order for parts and accessoriess (sp). Andrew who works in sales has had training in selling these awesome bikes.

Over all great service, friendly staff that will do what it takes to get the job done.

Dave

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DSP View Post
    My wife and I just purchased our first spyder, from them. We were the first spyder sale for them. The service manager seems to know his stuff about the spyders, the parts department has already placed a huge order for parts and accessoriess (sp). Andrew who works in sales has had training in selling these awesome bikes.

Over all great service, friendly staff that will do what it takes to get the job done.

Dave

What ride did you get?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default RTS

They had three on the showroom floor, Two were the RTS and the other one was a white RS. The Mrs. and I bought the blue RTS. Soon as we did, a lady came in and bought the black one.

Took our first ride to Nashville on Sunday. The only thing I can say is what a great ride.

Dave

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Retread(yellow spyder) & I (red spyder) talked to you the day you bought it. Glad you made the decision. We look forward to riding with you guys. Check out the Cuba trip and maybe we'll see you there.
    Love my

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep, I remember you both. You guys left a great impression on my wife, about the Spyders. Oh yea, lets hook up for a ride sometime.

Dave

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Indy Spyders & Martinsville

Martinsville is new since I was last in IN. I need to get over there for an oil change. Wife and I are full-time RVer's. Just got in from FL. Let us know if there are any rides in the area. We are located between Columbus and Seymour.
    Joe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jsteffey View Post
    Martinsville is new since I was last in IN. I need to get over there for an oil change. Wife and I are full-time RVer's. Just got in from FL. Let us know if there are any rides in the area. We are located between Columbus and Seymour.
    The dealer has only had the Spyder for a few months. Seems like really nice people. retread lives close and could give you a better report. He & I ride in the Brown county area often. Lots of good roads/rides down there. 135 is good and so is 58. After Cuba, we'll meet go for a ride.
    Love my

Spyder Garage

We first saw a Spyder up close at Zulu, In. dealer. just a bit too far to go back to buy ours from them, but they seemed like a good place too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Next Ride

Just got the cb installed, Now the Mrs and I are waiting for the weather to break for our next ride.

Anyone know about the Bowlinggreen event Sept 30 thru Oct 2, 2011?
    Heard it is open for all. Just wanted more info on it. Seems like a nice ride.

Dave

Spyder Garage

Just got the cb installed, Now the Mrs and I are waiting for the weather to break for our next ride.

Dave

Where did you have it done and have you tried it out to see if you have the "stuck mic" problem others have reported?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave
    Don't know anything about the Bowling Green thing. Tell us about it or give us a link.
    A lot of us are taking off for Spyderfest next week in Cuba, Mo. Why don't you join us. It will be the biggest event in the country this year.
    Love my

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Fest.

Soon as I can get more information about the bowling green event I will post it. As for going to cuba for spyder fest, the Mrs. and I wont be able to make that one. Her work is crazy and has to plan time off in advance.

As for the mic sticking, not had that problem yet and I hope I dont. It is nice to have everything done and able to ride and enjoy the sunshine. Makes a person feel a whole lot better.

Enjoy Spyder fest and stay safe.

Dave
    Last edited by Questions; 04-22-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Had the cd installed at the dealer in Martinsville, IN