Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Has anybody done a direct comparison between the Polk and J&M systems?
    Those two seem to be the major players in this game and I was just wondering...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Audio Jack?

Has anyone installed a simple audio jack ( 1/8" ) to the dash area of the RT to allow using headphones? If so where did you locate it and where do you splice into the radio wiring?

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Default J&M SPEAKERS

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    Flame off! ;-)

I replaced the stocks with speakers from J&M and that was plenty for me. I can listen at a louder volume without distortion of the cheap stock speakers. I personally think an amp would be too much. It is an open air vehicle sound will never be great while riding, to much ambient noise to interfere with he music.

The speakers do help though, the stocks were nearly worthless.

I'm waiting for my J&M speakers from Custom Dynamics to arrive. I too crank the volume all the way up with the stock speakers but the volume is just not there, and with no blow outs. Will post again when they're installed and provide feedback.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    WOW you really must hate radios and other riders to give such a negitive response that i was not looking for.you should refer to the old saying "if you can't say anything nice then SHUT-UP!!!"..
    Please refrain from over reacting, and re-read my post. My point was concerning sound quality. Would you agree that music sounds better when you are in a quiet environment?

My point stands, not to dictate how you should listen to your music, but how to get the best quality for your hard-earned buck.

Cheers!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It wasn't what you said... it was all of those Capital Letters...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    Has anyone installed a simple audio jack ( 1/8" ) to the dash area of the RT to allow using headphones? If so where did you locate it and where do you splice into the radio wiring?

J. D.
    I think that Lamont's first post tells you what wires to go which speakers... I would guess that you'd only need to tap into the wiring for the front speakers. If you tied both sets of speakers together in your jack...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I might have to try pulling the foam cups out. That will be in the spring as I put the machines up for the winter at a storage facility

I will say that I replaced the stock with Polk on one machine. While it is better and I initially liked it, it was definitely NOT worth all the work for what came out of it now that I have used it for a while. Not like the Harley's with the HK system at all!

The only system I have heard that impressed me on a spyder was the JL audio speakers with those side pods - and that is only apparently available for the RS model- not the RT. That system with the AMP just cranked (which is what I was hoping to be more like).
    MODS 2013 - Ultimate, Remote / LED Halos, Pete's Dash kits , Elka's!
    2011 RT A&C-SM5 - Orbital Blue (mine)
    Xenon Lights, Polk speakers (4), 5-LED lamps, fog lights, Sypderpops grills, OGB grips, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights. Seal FLRBDS, Two Brothers Muffler, ZUMO 665 w XM, Gloryders, HMT Brake.
    2012 RT-LTD SE5 -Lava (hers)
    MODS: Spyderpops chrome grills, TIPS and CHANNELZ lights, HMT Brake, Seal FLRBDS, Gloryders, OGB Grips