Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike vs Spyder

Spyder Garage

Good for you!

Spyder Garage

Default Depends . . .

Rode my son in laws new Harley Classic the other day;what a nice bike. . . much more refined than my old VL-1500 Inruder (that I just sold w/almost 80K on it) . . . but with just under 17K miles on our RT in the last 11 months, I don't see going back to two wheels as our main mode of 'wind in your face' riding. Cat and I love to ride together on the RT, or go 'canyon carving' on the two Spyders . . . . listening to the joy in Cat's voice (over the Interphone head sets) as we buzz to the coast through the Redwoods is priceless. I'm thinking I'm making time on the RT through the turns, and there she is not far behind with the RT bobbing her head and singing along with Pink Floyd. . . . it don't get much better than that . . . and the safety factor is way ahead of a bike here in the wet and wonderful Northwest. Got my first bike in 1967, haven't been without one until this year, buy the whole freedom that motorcycle riding brings you is there in a Spyder, a scooter, or even a standard trike . . . even the old Bingham Sidecar on a Honda 750 that I just offed. . . hey ya'll, isn't it great to be able to have this kind of fun?
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ride both Spyder and Sportster. I don't prefer one over the other, and enjoy them both. I also have a traditional trike. I don't like the way it handles much so only ride it occasionally.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slybird View Post
    During the past six years, my wife has purchased and sold at least 4-5 motorcycles, trying to find one that she's comfortable riding. I made the "mistake" of letting her drive my 2010 RT-S a couple of months ago and she started whining "I want one!". Well, we're now a 2- family. I flew down to Phoenix in December to pick up her "new" used 2010 Orbital Blue RT-AC and she's now out on the roads ryding like a champ! God bless Spyders! Can Am's accomplished something Yamaha, Suzuki and Harley couldn't - got my wife up and ryding WITH me - not SITTING BEHIND me!

Just got back from ryding over 100 miles at my wife's insistance...tough job, but someone's gotta do it!! She's got the bug bad!!! Anyway, referring back to the original topic of this thread, when we came out of a restaurant this afternoon, a family with a couple of young kids walked by my RT-S and the kids (7-10 years old) were really staring, wondering what it was. Kathy's RT-AC was parked a couple of slots down the way. When they walked by her , the kids piped up with "Hey! Here's another car-bike over here!" From the mouths of babes......
    Last edited by Slybird; 02-21-2011 at 12:44 AM.