Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink Floorboard question...

http://www.sfbracing.net/index.php Starting tomorrow on TricLed.com the all blacked out ones will be available...

I think they have the safest solution to our needs at this time and I simply cannot afford the $820 right now for the ISCI ones I really want. But that said, I do hate the idea of loosing the original peg possition with the ISCI's and is why I am looking at the SFB's...

I use the pegs to much to buy the ESI ones. About a month after I install them I can see myself pushing off of them to re-seat myself and see them bend the sheet metal...
    Last edited by IWN2RYD; 01-25-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Your answer is in your posting. You typed .com and the link shows .net. Very different to a computer.

You have to call them to order the floorboards and I never did get connected with them. I found a used pair for sale and bought them. They improve the leg position quite a bit but you can get you toes tangled in the bodywork in front of them. Just something to be aware of.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm still debating on getting rid of my SFB floorboards. The footpeg seems to sit a little bit higher than the stock ones which seems to make a difference for my legs. I also wish there was more room for my size 13s between the shifter and floorboard. Is there anyway to move the shifter higher?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

and you thought ISCI's floorboards were expensive…. you could probably buy a well loved Spyder for the price of those….

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 3whlLefty View Post
    Your answer is in your posting. You typed .com and the link shows .net. Very different to a computer.

You have to call them to order the floorboards and I never did get connected with them. I found a used pair for sale and bought them. They improve the leg position quite a bit but you can get you toes tangled in the bodywork in front of them. Just something to be aware of.

Ah! Thank you... but in all fairness. Click their logo on any page (To the left of the yellow RS). That is where it takes me as well!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

By SFB I assume you are not referring to Seal FloorBoards. We are very much alive and wll at sealfloorboards.com and a lot less $ and a lot bigger than other floorboards.

Ride in Comfort,

John
    sealfloorboards.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    By SFB I assume you are not referring to Seal FloorBoards. We are very much alive and wll at sealfloorboards.com and a lot less $ and a lot bigger than other floorboards.

Ride in Comfort,

John
    sealfloorboards.com
    NO I am not referring to your company as demonstrated by my links above...

I am not interested in your fine product because it sits to high. I do not like my knees bent at that high of a degree all the time when riding. It cuts my ride time drastically. And yes I know some like them and are very happy with them. That is great for them. But these will not ever work out for me. Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IWN2RYD View Post

I am not interested in your fine product because it sits to high. I do not like my knees bent at that high of a degree all the time when riding. It cuts my ride time drastically. And yes I know some like them and are very happy with them. That is great for them. But these will not ever work out for me. Thank you.
    You've peaked my curiosity. I am thinking of purchasing b/c I do not want my knees flexed (all the time) as much as they are on the stock pegs. I thought that we these floorboards that I would just slide my feet forward to flex my knees less.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You've peaked my curiosity. I am thinking of purchasing b/c I do not want my knees flexed (all the time) as much as they are on the stock pegs. I thought that we these floorboards that I would just slide my feet forward to flex my knees less.
    Please do not take my comments as having the same results for you . They may work great for you .

Folks with shorter legs than mine or sit higher up because of a seat pad looks to be great fitting! (Bottom pic)

Simply put... look closely at the pics they have on their site. The floor boards not only stay at the same level of the original pegs, but they rise up as they get to the front cowling!

So for me with longer legs... It does not allow me with my legs (34-36" inseam depending on style of pants) to un-bend my knees enough to get the bloodflow for my needs. I end up having to pull over to much and not enjoy the ryde.

This does not mean that they are not perfect for you or anyone else. I simply need my legs to have less of a bend to be comfortable on longer rydes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I designed a set of floorboards with a heal toe shifter maybe you saw them in the Smokies. Rivco (www.rivcoproducts.com ) in Burlington Wis. is now making them they even have a stub foot peg included. I think the price is only $499.

Spyder Garage

Is there anyway to move the shifter higher?[/QUOTE]
    Yes, most shift levers are held in place with a pinch bolt. I am pretty sure the Spyder has this set up, but I have not had the need to change the position of mine so I am not 100% sure. Loosen the pinch bolt, pull the shifter off the shaft, move the shifter to the desired position and tighten the pinch bolt. Hope this helps.
    Happy owner of Silver PE #1232
    All The Gear All The Time - ATGATT
    Gulf Coast SpyderRyders

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry for the confusion, I'm not familiar with SFB. And your right, no product is right for everyone. We all know what works and what doesn't. I think it's more a matter of preference than size. 8 Legged Freak is 6'6" and is very comfortable on his Seal FloorBoards. I'm sure there is someone 5'6" tall out there who would find them not suited for him/her. Thank God for choices.

Ride in Comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Thank you all for your help! We may have found what we need. The folks at TricLed.com have spoke with the folks @ SFB and are getting an all blacked out front set made for us .

I am told they will be available to order on the TricLed site tomorrow. Great customer service.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wish there were more pics of this product being used by someone much taller, because right now it definitely looks like people with longer legs and a stock saddle will have their knees constantly bent at and awkward angle because of how high the floorboards sit.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by gpthree View Post
    I wish there were more pics of this product being used by someone much taller, because right now it definitely looks like people with longer legs and a stock saddle will have their knees constantly bent at and awkward angle because of how high the floorboards sit.
    Not sure if this will help you or not... But I went to my garage and found a thin flat board and marked where the upward bend would start... Then got another thin board to make the incline resemble that in the pics... This helped me decide.

Additionally if you look at the pics for pretty much any product you can see where they stop. So for the SFB ones from the link I provided in the first post you can see they are pretty close to the bottom loop. From this I found a box that would meet this level after I sit in the seat. This gave me first hand feeling as to "About" what the floorboards would put my knees in...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

8 Legged Freak is 6'6" tall and a big man to boot. He might be able to speak to the comfort factor of his Seal FloorBoards. He is shown on his RT on the Gallery Page of my website.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    8 Legged Freak is 6'6" tall and a big man to boot. He might be able to speak to the comfort factor of his Seal FloorBoards. He is shown on his RT on the Gallery Page of my website.

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards
    He could speak to the comfort of it for him, but with the varying degrees of what constitutes comfort for people, it would just be good to be able to see some pics of a long legged person on an RS to get an idea of the angle. As posted above, I'm sure it can be easily simulated though....when all this snow disappears.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink Floorboard update...

Well they did not show up like I had hoped, and I am working with the seller on an item or two. But for the most part here are the SFB Floorboards mounted on our RSS.

I really like the location and comfort that they provide. Tomorrow I will have a chance to put on some better mileage (STUPID SNOW STORMS) to see if the angle agrees with my knees.

One thing to note. In my mind I wanted something like these. This way I keep my original peg position, and get a more comfortable touring position at the same time. One other very important factor for me was NOT having to bend the Tupperware as much (When doing whatever that required the side panels to come off) as I had to on the RT and RS with the KewMetal product. These fit that so far to a "T"...

Here are the pics...

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Very nice i dont know if these were available when i bought my isci floorboards i think you might like some highway pegs also that way you could stretch out on the long rides. I must say i use the highway pegs more than the boards themselves. By the way that color is alot better outside than when i saw it at the ims.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Very nice i dont know if these were available when i bought my isci floorboards i think you might like some highway pegs also that way you could stretch out on the long rides. I must say i use the highway pegs more than the boards themselves. By the way that color is a lot better outside than when i saw it at the ims.
    @ Doc... Your thread is what made me aware they even existed. Thank you! For some reason their website is suspended today...

@ Roger... I wanted the ISCI version. The problem for me was cost vs need. I need them now and do not have the time or funds to wait until I did. We put over $3500 in aftermarket stuff on this bike in the first three days... And we are trying to buy a home (PITA). So every nickle is watched right now for the bigger picture.

Anyway, for the very reason you mention... Foot pegs. I wanted the ability to add them later. And I still can with these. Most likely I will get the ESI ones

At this time I can say that these at half the cost of ISCI's they are a good buy. And allow the "Hug" feel (Legs hugging the bike in more of a seated position allowing for more leverage) when in use that my wife likes during spirited ryding.

Spyder Garage

I really like the location and comfort that they provide.

These looks very good. How much were them? The account looks likes suspended also for today.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Those look good!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink Followup...

Their site is back up... http://www.sfbracing.net/

Service is great from Tric... Very happy in fact. I will also say that these have moved into my top three items to install on any Spyder that will ever be ours (Or until something better comes along)

These allow me to go... "Really? I need gas already!!" Instead of "Wholly crap hurry up already and drink the gas.... I need a break"... lol

If your legs need more of a "Chair" position than tucked legs... I would suggest giving these a try. If I owned a dealership I would keep a black set in stock at all times... Because I know they would sell