Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

I have one... Do NOT test drive the Spyder if you are "Thinking" about getting one. You wallet will thank you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ryding with a group of two wheelers, guy in front of the pack suddenly pulled up short, nearly wrecked the whole pack. He had a full face shield on and a mouth full of chewing tobacco. Need I say more... He had been used to riding with a half helmet and no shield.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Ryding with a group of two wheelers, guy in front of the pack suddenly pulled up short, nearly wrecked the whole pack. He had a full face shield on and a mouth full of chewing tobacco. Need I say more... He had been used to riding with a half helmet and no shield.
    LMAO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post

Oh man, that had to be very nasty.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

With the Spyder being the first motorcycle I've owned, I couldnt figure out at first why all my left shoes were getting messed up...

Spyder Garage

NEVER----
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ZIxjJQHP4&playnext=1&list=PL5CABD14C3EB2 70BA&index=24[/ame]

RT-S PE#783
    Spyder Garage

Default You're good!

How long did you practice that one? If you are a quick learner like me,'it happens' very quickly!
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    ROTFLMFAO

Thats funny right there, I don't care who you are...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post
    while riding a Spyder(RT) in heavy 4 lane traffic @65 mph.

1.While playing with the cruise control, accidentally hit the kill switch and emergency flashers at the same time.
    I was like " WTF JUST HAPPENED??"
    immediately followed by the thought.. PLEASE NO ONE HIT ME IN THE BACKEND!

A hard, but necessary lesson.

Anyway, add to the list if you like.
    I did the same thing going 75 on the freeway in So.Cal. Bad Berries!

Spyder Garage

Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    You lose your power steering and you slow down suddenly...just like at 30 mph. There is an exercise in the Spyder skills course in your manual to practice hitting the kill switch while moving, to see what it does and practice your reaction...at safer, slower speeds. I'd highly recommend that you find an empty parking lot or secluded road, and do just that. If you have not completed the entire skills course, I'd suggest that, too. Becoming familiar with your Spyder can save your life!
    Since , I have only just got my motorcycle liscence this past summmer and have only driven a spyder once and driven a motorcycle only once during the course to get my motorcycle liscence , I plan on learning as much as I can about riding safely including doing the skills course . We have not taken delivery of our new spyder yet so I did not know what was in the manual. We have plenty of empty parking lots in our neighborhood to practise in.

Thanks Scotty

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet24 View Post
    ROTFLMFAO

The poo poo pouch statement caught me off guard a little as well.

Teddys favorite human
    Spyder Garage

Talking I know the manual says not to.... But I did & found out why

Ummmmmm, yeah, I'm sure most of us (SETHO excluded) likes keep'n our machines look'n good, nice & clean, right? Well, I found out the hard way, my 1st week of Ownership, while take'n a corner about 40mph why it says NOT to use Armour All on the seat, especially while wearing vinyl-type pants Talk'n about have'n an OH SH Moment, or lyke the video says, a #3Moment !!!

j/k SethO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Ummmmmm, yeah, I'm sure most of us (SETHO excluded) likes keep'n our machines look'n good, nice & clean, right? Well, I found out the hard way, my 1st week of Ownership, while take'n a corner about 40mph why it says NOT to use Armour All on the seat, especially while wearing vinyl-type pants Talk'n about have'n an OH SH Moment, or lyke the video says, a #3Moment !!!

j/k SethO
    I learned that same lesson shortly after I bought my GSX-R 750 in 1986. It was very lucky for me that I happened to put the solo seat on it before taking off on the ride, as that was the only thing that kept me seated. I remember desperately trying to find something to get that stuff off the seat as quickly as possible after that, but don't remember if I was successful or not.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

while riding a Spyder(RT) in heavy 4 lane traffic @65 mph.

1.While playing with the cruise control, accidentally hit the kill switch and emergency flashers at the same time.
    I was like " WTF JUST HAPPENED??"
    immediately followed by the thought.. PLEASE NO ONE HIT ME IN THE BACKEND!

A hard, but necessary lesson.

Anyway, add to the list if you like.
    OMG what da ya do if you have an automatic!!!???Kevin at cowtown warned me about that button and how easy it would be to go from cruise to OH CRAP time!!! Seems I hit that after I hit the deer took me awhile to figure out WHY the darn thing wouldn't start. Thought I'd broken my new RT-S!!!! I've asked the crew at cowtown how I culd put a guard over that kill switch so I couldn't hit it by accident. So far no ideas on that one. Threatened to tape the darn thing so it couldn't be moved!!!! The ???? is when would you use it anyway??? or why? I'm new at the driving end of this.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    OMG what da ya do if you have an automatic!!!???Kevin at cowtown warned me about that button and how easy it would be to go from cruise to OH CRAP time!!! Seems I hit that after I hit the deer took me awhile to figure out WHY the darn thing wouldn't start. Thought I'd broken my new RT-S!!!! I've asked the crew at cowtown how I culd put a guard over that kill switch so I couldn't hit it by accident. So far no ideas on that one. Threatened to tape the darn thing so it couldn't be moved!!!! The ???? is when would you use it anyway??? or why? I'm new at the driving end of this.
    I can remember my first Spyder demo ride back in the summer of '07. T'was quite a comical experience. We all have been there,ThreeFeet!!

It is used in case of an emergency and you need to shut the engine off in a hurry. It is much closer to hit the switch with your right hand than to reach up to the key and turn it.

I do have an SE(auto). My suggestion is ride in a parking lot and hit it a few times to get yourself programmed to where the switch is in case you do it again.After doing this, do the same on a long stretch of not so traveled road while you are up to speed to get used to what it handles like after the switch is flipped.

I m actually glad it did happen, especially with the auto trans. It gave me a very good lesson on how the SE will handle without power.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question

I can remember my first Spyder demo ride back in the summer of '07. T'was quite a comical experience. We all have been there,ThreeFeet!!

It is used in case of an emergency and you need to shut the engine off in a hurry. It is much closer to hit the switch with your right hand than to reach up to the key and turn it.

I do have an SE(auto). My suggestion is ride in a parking lot and hit it a few times to get yourself programmed to where the switch is in case you do it again.After doing this, do the same on a long stretch of not so traveled road while you are up to speed to get used to what it handles like after the switch is flipped.

I m actually glad it did happen, especially with the auto trans. It gave me a very good lesson on how the SE will handle without power.
    Way back in 73 I had a 100 cc kawasaki the plug fouled and the and the motor Quit like RIGHT NOW!!! back wheel screamed, I grabed clutch and the motor had already braked for me. If I hadn't got the clutch when I did I'd have gone over the bars!!! That bike did that to me a couple times. I am programed to grab the clutch!!! on both my bikes NO CLUTCH!!!!! Scares the pee outa me if I have to even practice doing the kill switch thing!!! I will but does the drive wheel scream to a halt?? Fish tail was mentioned. OMG I really wonder if I could man handle the bike. I haven't got THAT many muscles!!!
    Last edited by ThreeFeet; 01-29-2011 at 01:44 AM. Reason: want to add " everytime I get on or off the right side I hit that darn switch. then can't figure out why I can't get er start

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No, the wheel didnt lock up. I just slowed down rather quickly.

You really should try this, at least in a vacant parking lot. Switch it off for a few seconds and then back on. Do it a few times at different speeds so you will know what it is if it happens.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No, the wheel didnt lock up. I just slowed down rather quickly.

You really should try this, at least in a vacant parking lot. Switch it off for a few seconds and then back on. Do it a few times at different speeds so you will know what it is if it happens.
    Knowledge is power, and knowing how it will handle before hand because you practiced it is much better than finding out later by accident.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    It was not on a Spyder, but on a brand new ( 3 days old ) Honda 350, many years ago. They had just started putting kill switchs on bikes. I went up to the corner store to get the sunday paper. I laid the paper across the handlebars and turned the key on, pressed the stater button, nothing. I was upset, dead battery. I tryed kicking the kickstarter, nothing. People standing around watching. A biker came over and said, may be a switch jarred loose, as he put the kill switch back on. Of course, the bike started. I thanked him as the crowd left.
    Then he said, it had happened to him, when he went to take delivery of his new 350. The dealer had turned the switch off, as the manual at the time, said to.
    OldManZues
    Kickstarter? Hey, I remember those days, too! First bike was a '68 350 Scrambler. Boy, do I miss New Mexico riding.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet24 View Post
    ROTFLMFAO

THAT WAS JUST WRONG! Reminds me of a Mythbusters (with the dead pig in the Corvette).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GA-SPYDER View Post
    THAT WAS JUST WRONG! Reminds me of a Mythbusters (with the dead pig in the Corvette).
    Good episode, I was just pissed that the corvette was in excellent condition before hand! Guy still bought it after

Spyder Garage

Default Practice

Twas REALLY nice here this weekend. I took Spydee our in our pretty quiet neighborhood and practiced killing it on up hills, down hills, curves, low speed, high speed, everything. I feel MUCH better.