Spyder Garage

Default RTS Analog Fuel Guage

When my fuel tank is full or near full and the bike is turned off my analog fuel gauge slowly pegs at the top beyond the F. Went the actual fuel level gets to about 1/2 a tank or so, it sinks to below E with the power off. All fuel level indications seem to be normal with the bike running.

I could have sworn when the bike was new it always sank to below E with the power off no matter what level fuel I have.

Spyder Garage

I have had mine changed twice now, bounces to much it should be covered under warranty!jc

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The digital gauge is more accurate. Just disconnect the 2 analog gauges and they will show up in the digital cluster.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    When my fuel tank is full or near full and the bike is turned off my analog fuel gauge slowly pegs at the top beyond the F. Went the actual fuel level gets to about 1/2 a tank or so, it sinks to below E with the power off. All fuel level indications seem to be normal with the bike running.

I could have sworn when the bike was new it always sank to below E with the power off no matter what level fuel I have.
    As long as it is working while it is running, why worry?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    As long as it is working while it is running, why worry?

Not to worried since it seems to be registering correctly when running. I am wondering however if anyone else has the pegging at the top when off. If it's going to be a problem in the future I obviously want to get it replaced under warranty. Does anyone else see this when full or nearly full?

Regarding unhooking and going with the digital, we all paid a little extra for the analog guage with the RTS so why unhook if it works reasonably well.

Spyder Garage

Mine now does the same thing and have had changed out twice. BRP tells my dealer they've never seen this before. Also having issues with my Analog Temp guage resting about midway when turned off. When I first got RT-S, both sank to bottom like good guages should.
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. SpyderRider

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Spyder Garage

Depending on the technology and construction of the gauge, a gauge may go to the top, bottom, or stay somewhere in between when it is shut off. Sometimes it depends on where it was when it stopped, going high if at one end of the scale and low at the other. As long as it reads accurately when it is powered up (or as accurately as it the average analog gauge gets), nothing should be wrong with it. Don't sweat the small stuff!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Depending on the technology and construction of the gauge, a gauge may go to the top, bottom, or stay somewhere in between when it is shut off. Sometimes it depends on where it was when it stopped, going high if at one end of the scale and low at the other. As long as it reads accurately when it is powered up (or as accurately as it the average analog gauge gets), nothing should be wrong with it. Don't sweat the small stuff!
    Thanks Scotty. You're right, I shouldn't sweat the small stuff. I just didn't remember it doing that when the bike was new.

Spyder Garage

Ditto...Always something new and exciting with the Spyder. I never had all of this excitement when I bought my 2001 Honda Valkyrie Interstate.

Thanks Jim - a.k.a. SpyderRider

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson