Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hjazzyherm View Post
    The "Box" was the trickiest, ding figure 8s in a tiny box, the "swerve and brake", the 360, all geared to see how much control you had. But the instructors were firm and fair. But if you didn't pass, you didn't get your money back...but they gave you a second chance to get it right. I enjoyed the course, although the new riders showed us all up! they seemed to breeze through everything. Funny how that works!!!
    That was the same here in Tyler Tx. We had a mix of guys like me that hadn't ridden in 30 years, all the way to teens. We all used 250's and the instructors were VERY fair. I used these guys-- http://www.motorsportstc.com/ . You are so right about the figure 8s!! I only put a foot down once but I was beating myself up about doing that. Anywho... I HIGHLY recommend it for even the most experienced rider.

Spyder Garage

There is a place in Cedar Hill (www.alertrider.com) that offers a 3 wheel course for a motorcycle license. My wife is going next week. I believe there is also a place in Denton, but I have no info on it. The 2 wheel class is no big deal, but my wife won't ride 2 wheels.

I took the 2 wheel class (250cc bikes) and it was very helpful in passing the written test. I would not have passed the test without it. I have a friend who has been riding forever, didn't take the class and couldn't pass the written test.
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had rode motorcycles in the past but I did not have the endosement. I live North of Austin but traveled to San Antonio for the Motorcycle School. 250 cc Kawasaki for 21/2 days. All the skills were completed at the school and signed off for DPS. I took the written test and applied for my license in San Antonio. Looking back at my experience at school it would have been a lot easier on a spyder.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hjazzyherm View Post
    I'm wondering what Texas is doing since they recently increased the speed limit to 80 mph! Jesus, do you think that's fast enough? Almost like driving in Germany! Won't be enough to bury at that speed!
    No, it's not.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just did the alertbike and it was great...a bit tough but well worth it...they make sure your ready..I took the basic on two wheel because it just seemed to make sense...now I am 51 old fat man and made it so should be easy enough for you...LOL...All i have left to do is go take the test at the dmv and I am ready to go. Bratton was the instructor and he is amazing.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Texas Driver License

Hi,

My husband is an certified instructor for the State of Texas.

Texas no longer gives road test at the DPS Office. You must attend a state certified class to get your license.

If you have a license from another state you can transfer it to this state without taking the motorcycle safety course.