Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default are the SPYDER dealers helping out

Everytime some one talks to me about the I tell them about this site to learn a lot more. I wonder if any Dealers out tell there customers about the site, weather they buy or not. and do they talk about the SPYDERFEST or any other get togethers, to help promote the SPYDER. any thoughts on this?

Spyder Garage

I pass information on to my dealer. The service department likes it. They said they don't mind listening to customers. Shared knowledge is never bad.

Spyder Garage

Same here. My dealer also enjoys the input and I think they are actually looking at the site now as well. I feel this site is a very relevant Spyder resource. There are some very bright people who contribute to this site that makes it so.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

I think it goes both ways depending on the individual dealer. I have told all of the dealers I have dealings with about Spyder Lovers. Some have been eager to learn more about it, and even brought it up on their computer in the shop. Others have told me "You can't believe anything you read on computer forums". So, I have witnessed both ends of the spectrum personally and believe there are probably a bunch of dealers that fall somewhere in between.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

My dealer was leary of the information I was giving him that I was getting from this site but at least he would check it out. After the door ajar warning light came out on this site I showed him the readout. He checked with BRP and they said they didn't know anything about it but he still checked it out for me and sure enough the forum was right. He thanked me for the info and said he had reported it to BRP. He also said that without the info it would have taken a long time to figuire it out on his own. Good dealer. Central U.S. has Len and Cowtown, New England has H.K. Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Wink

I think my dealer was apprehensive at first. Simply because (As we all know) to many folks talk a talk that they never walk.

This does not mean that our dealer was not already doing events on their own or shunning the ideas...

But once we got to know each other, and they got to know others in the local Spyder community, they seem to be very open to information and use it to their advantage. Spreading the word or getting a head-start over other dealers (Depending on the info).

That said. We chose to work with one dealer. Cannot speak about others. We are beyond pleased with our dealer to this point. And that says a lot to us.
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    ...There are some very bright people who contribute to this site that makes it so.
    Thanks, Raptor, but that's just the glare from my bald head...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer kind of brushed off my suggestion; for the same reasons already posted here...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

One of the ways I find to judge the knowledge of the dealers/repair techs is to ask questions that I have learned the answers to from here.

Some hate it when you know more then them.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    One of the ways I find to judge the knowledge of the dealers/repair techs is to ask questions that I have learned the answers to from here.

Thats what I do too. Ask question you know the answer to and see how they react. Sheesh... sometimes its a good thing to bring hip-waders.

Some hate it when you know more then them.

Try being a blond of the female persuasion. Something about "Little Lady"...
    Thanks for letting me rant. Its out of my system now.
    My Spydee dealer is cool. Already knows about SpyderLovers.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    Wow, I was just saying to Brian the other day that I wondered how you and Barb were doing. And here you are. John good to see you are still out there and kicking, bald head and all.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

CowTown USA in Cuba, Missouri does

They are the ones who told me about this site and they promote SpyderFest!

I am sure glad they did.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeuchler View Post
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
    CowTown USA in Cuba, Missouri does

They are the ones who told me about this site and they promote SpyderFest!

I am sure glad they did.
    They are the greatest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Mine was initially 100 percent against and forum information

The dealer changed his mind after I reported my "unexplained" stalling issues. He kept insisting that it was not a transmission problem, and that I was probably doing something wrong since he could not duplicate it.

I finally convinced the service department to listen after I mentioned the board I was referring to to the owner as well as Lamonsters comments on the subject. They called BRP and discovered that I was not crazy, and that there was a recall about to be issued regarding the stalling issue.

I was their first customer to have the repair/recall taken care of, and now they seem to listen well I mention anything I became privy to as a result of this board.

I also was able to get the steering issue resolved early on since they had not received the recall bulletin and were unaware of the issue until I convinced them to once again call BRP.

Spyder Garage

Most dealers I ran into says don't believe everything you read on the internet. So now (armed with knowledge from here) I just go in there and tell them which service bulletin I am there for.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

At the risk of seaming like a wise guy;
    When ever i find important info on this site i print it out, and ONLY if it's about a problem I'm having' and give him a copy.
    It seems that if you see it in print it's believable.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    ...When ever i find important info on this site i print it out...
    That's a good idea.

(Now, buy more paper and printer toner...)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Wow, I was just saying to Brian the other day that I wondered how you and Barb were doing. And here you are. John good to see you are still out there and kicking, bald head and all.
    Ha!

My ears were ringing, but I thought it was just my Micron causing it as usual.

(Happy New Year, Deb & Brian!)