Thread: New Years Run

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Years Run

Out here in Barstow there is an annual run to Domingos in Boron on New Year's. Domingos is a favorite spot for the shuttle astronauts when they land at Edwards AFB. Domingos is located in the heart of Boron on 20 Mule Team Rd. I know there are plenty of Spyders in SouCal. Lets show those 2 wheelers what we're all about. I'll have at 4 in my group alone.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Now there is somewhere I haven't thought about for many years. Used to be stationed there in the mid '60s. Little radar site just north of Kramer Junction.

No fancy restaurant there then.

Hope you enjoy the ryde and have a really good meal.

Ron

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ronv View Post
    Now there is somewhere I haven't thought about for many years. Used to be stationed there in the mid '60s. Little radar site just north of Kramer Junction.

No fancy restaurant there then.

Hope you enjoy the ryde and have a really good meal.

Ron
    That site is now a federal prison. We call it Club Fed. It actually has tennis courts on it but I'm not sure if it was for the radar facility which came first or the prison.

Brian
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Boron Federal Prison

I noticed your statements about the prison at Boron, I was an inmate there from 1987-1989, it is now closed and moved to the Federal Prison complex in Victorville, Ca......The tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball fields and swimming pool were used by the inmates, it was previously used as a radar station for the military base at Edwards/George/FAA.........The Federal Prison at Boron Ca. was rated the #1 Club Fed for ten years by Playboy magazine........it was originally Coed but they transferred all the women out in 1985..........today it does not resemble the the prison I remember.....to bad...I was thinking about retiring there when I got a little older...........the food was incredible.......

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pawprint View Post
    I noticed your statements about the prison at Boron, I was an inmate there from 1987-1989, it is now closed and moved to the Federal Prison complex in Victorville, Ca......The tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball fields and swimming pool were used by the inmates, it was previously used as a radar station for the military base at Edwards/George/FAA.........The Federal Prison at Boron Ca. was rated the #1 Club Fed for ten years by Playboy magazine........it was originally Coed but they transferred all the women out in 1985..........today it does not resemble the the prison I remember.....to bad...I was thinking about retiring there when I got a little older...........the food was incredible.......
    welcome What a great first post

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

welcome paw print good post