Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Florida Ryder

Thanks Florida Ryder for the nice posting on the Floorboards and highway pegs thread. I also posted a couple of the photos you sent me on the Gallery page of my website. Very kind words and great photos. Thanks and have a great Holiday Season.

John,
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

These look great John!

Is this without the powdercoating below:

Spyder Garage

Hi TicketBait,

Thanks for the nice words. No mater what, nothing really beats seeing and riding them in person. You will have a chance to do that at SpyderFest. But hey, why wait till then when you can ride to Spyderfest of a set. Happy Holidays.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal FloorBoards

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    These look great John!

Spyder Garage

Yes, these are without powder coat. I wanted to get some contrast between the Spyder and the FloorBoards.

Now THAT'S a FloorBoard,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

These look great John!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Hi TicketBait,

Thanks for the nice words. No mater what, nothing really beats seeing and riding them in person. You will have a chance to do that at SpyderFest. But hey, why wait till then when you can ride to Spyderfest of a set. Happy Holidays.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal FloorBoards
    Will you be doing installs there (at spyderfest), I currently have kewlmetal highway board brackets that would need to come off, are you familiar with those?
    regards, ticketbait

Spyder Garage

Hey John,

They do look good in the pics, and I bet they are awesome in person . Any idea when they will be available for the RT SM5?

Thanks,

Ricky

Spyder Garage

Thanks Florida Ryder for the nice posting on the Floorboards and highway pegs thread. I also posted a couple of the photos you sent me on the Gallery page of my website. Very kind words and great photos. Thanks and have a great Holiday Season.

John,
    Seal FloorBoards
    John, I like this concept but I am concerned about the power coat getting scuffed up over time. Is there a way to attach a foot pad with similar material to what's on the passenger footboard? It wouldn't need to cover the entire board but just in the high traffic areas.
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Yes, I will be doing installs at SpyderFest. Sorry, I'm not familiar with kewimetal. See you there.

John

Will you be doing installs there (at spyderfest), I currently have kewlmetal highway board brackets that would need to come off, are you familiar with those?
    regards, ticketbait

Spyder Garage

I had one customer put truck be spray liner on his. He said it worked great but cost about $90. I use a couple of stair tred stick-on tape because I have a condition that causes y feet to wander if I don't look at them very frequently. The strips act like velcro and solved my problem beautifully. However, the powder coat is really tough stuff and I haven't seen any scuffing in the year I've had mine on.

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
    John, I like this concept but I am concerned about the power coat getting scuffed up over time. Is there a way to attach a foot pad with similar material to what's on the passenger footboard? It wouldn't need to cover the entire board but just in the high traffic areas.

Spyder Garage

I hope to get some time with your TR Sm5 guys at Spyderfest and coe up with a desigh. Just getting access to one has been a problem.

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Quote Originally Posted by harddrive View Post
    Hey John,

They do look good in the pics, and I bet they are awesome in person . Any idea when they will be available for the RT SM5?

Thanks,

Ricky

Spyder Garage

Hi TicketBait,

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal FloorBoards
    OMG, I never thought I would, but if I can get this question answered, I just might be riding out on seals

Rather than start a new post, since this has some really nice photos of the sealfloorboards, I thought
    I would ask my question here for someone that can measure from the ground to the lowest point
    where the board bends up front. I want to see if i have enough clearance that I do not have
    to remove my entire highway bracket that was installed by the dealership. But rather just a
    couple of extension pieces I can handle myself

see photo below :

also if anybody has a ground level side view and a photo from the rear depicting how they lookthat would be wonderful.

Spyder Garage

I couldn't wait for a response.............so I just now ordered a pair of sealfloorboards. Crossing my fingers I won't need to remove panels, etc. to put the sealfloorboards on, but rather just lay it over the partially disassembled highway bracket.

Spyder Garage

Hi Stephen,

Sorry I missed your question. My best GUESS is that they will clear. The FloorBoard sits on top of the foot peg and is parallel to the ground. I don't have access to an RT here to check but the bracket looks to me to be lower than the foot pegs.

John
    Seal FloorBoards

OMG, I never thought I would, but if I can get this question answered, I just might be riding out on seals

Rather than start a new post, since this has some really nice photos of the sealfloorboards, I thought
    I would ask my question here for someone that can measure from the ground to the lowest point
    where the board bends up front. I want to see if i have enough clearance that I do not have
    to remove my entire highway bracket that was installed by the dealership. But rather just a
    couple of extension pieces I can handle myself

see photo below :

also if anybody has a ground level side view and a photo from the rear depicting how they lookthat would be wonderful.

Spyder Garage

Hi Stephen,

Sorry I missed your question. My best GUESS is that they will clear. The FloorBoard sits on top of the foot peg and is parallel to the ground. I don't have access to an RT here to check but the bracket looks to me to be lower than the foot pegs.

John
    Seal FloorBoards
    Thanks John,
    Thats great news that it runs parallel to the foot peg which is 10" off the ground