Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Sorry Tina and I couldn't make it -- Friday night was a late night and with the roads we just didn't want to do the 4 hour trip it would have been there and back.

Another time when things are nicer for sure!

Hope you all had a good time.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sorry Tina and I couldn't make it -- Friday night was a late night and with the roads we just didn't want to do the 4 hour trip it would have been there and back.

Maybe the IMS @ Chicago?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

We missed you but we did have a good time. BRP wasn't at the show but they had 2 or 3 dealers with several Spyders each. We got the new accessories catalog and saw the new Magnesium RT (nice) and Orangish RS (not my fav) models. We'll see you sometime down the road.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAnn View Post
    We missed you but we did have a good time. BRP wasn't at the show but they had 2 or 3 dealers with several Spyders each. We got the new accessories catalog and saw the new Magnesium RT (nice) and Orangish RS (not my fav) models. We'll see you sometime down the road.
    I agree about the colors. Raw Magnesium is not a very complimentary name for such an elegant color! I had to think long and hard about not changing the order for my 2011 to that beautiful dark silver. I'd like the copper color RSS better if it was glossy rather than flat (and lumpy)...and the black panels would look classier in gloss, too. Maybe clearcoat should be a dealer option.
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I haven't seen the red RT in person yet but I really liked the Magnesium. Is the red flat or glossy? I would love one in white but I wouldn't want the SE. Someday down the road when I win the lottery or find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow I'll think about getting mine painted a different color.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAnn View Post
    I haven't seen the red RT in person yet but I really liked the Magnesium. Is the red flat or glossy? I would love one in white but I wouldn't want the SE. Someday down the road when I win the lottery or find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow I'll think about getting mine painted a different color.
    Red is glossy. All the RTs are. I haven't seen one myself. I was hoping there would be one at Novi. The white is probably great in person. I didn't like the Pearl White RSS until I saw one up close, but wow! Not sure I would want a white one any more than I want another black one, though.

It was nice to see the new windshield and deflectors up close, along with a 2010 for comparison. I liked the wind protection on my 2010, so I'm not sure how I will like the new windshield in this climate. Shorter is good, although I am tall enough to see over the 2010 model until raised about half way (if I don't slouch). Narrower will be something to evaluate in a cold Spring rain. I can always switch to a taller or wider model or one of the ESI units later, or trade someone who lives down South. The more angled and more rounded deflectors look like they will help cut down the backdraft. I suspect more than one 2010 owner will retrofit them. Evaluating the revised shocks will require some riding. Of course the snow and ice will have to leave Michigan first.

If all the interest at the show was any indication, the Spyders should continue to sell well in 2011. Too bad the salespeople in the Can-Am display weren't really answering questions or working the crowd.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree on the salespeople. I was working the crowd! I spoke to several people who were very interested and I think they appreciated talking to an owner over a salesperson.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Orange View Post
    Last I heard BRP will be at the Chicago Show!
    Nancy doesn't really want to do Chicago. It is a 3.5 hour drive each way for us...without potty breaks. There is a charter bus from here, but she has had too many bus rides as the senior class advisor and as a Boy Scout leader, I guess. Not sure if I want to go alone, but if some friends go, I might be up for the ordeal. February isn't good for anything else up here in the north.
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    ... Too bad the salespeople in the Can-Am display weren't really answering questions or working the crowd.
    You noticed that, too? It was the same attitude as the guys who had the demo truck in Cement City. They certainly aren't salespeople, but I was happy to get the 2011 gear and bike catalogues.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Thanks to the show, we found out that Rosenau Power Sports is the newest Michigan Spyder dealership!