Spyder Garage

Default Should I enter it in a Boston Motorcycle show?

The KenMarv Boston Motocycle Expo show is being held in late January.
    Last year the only spyders were those of my dealer. About four delears i know of in Mass. My Dealer says they probably wont have any spyders at the show.

1. Should I enter my bike (Spyder 2010 RTS) ?
    ($50 entrance includes space and two wristband tickets)
    (Prizes are 100, 200 and 300$ in 3 various categories; 7 total winners)
    2. Setup on Friday, show on Sat and Sun. Use my Trailer in and out of Bayside Expo Center.
    3. My bike although it looks stock, actually has about 10 or so mods. Corbin, taillights, XM, Speakers, Lights, VoltMeter etc.

And if i do enter it, would it be best to figure out a way to power the bike electronics? I do have a 12v power source.(Disconnect battery, connect 12v and pay the extra $25 for AC power at the show).

I'm not saying my bike is competitive to other great bikes on SpyderLovers, I just happen to recognize that the likelyhood that another spyder in the contest is pretty slim at best. And I want to promote the uniqness of the Spyder. Not many Spyders up here in New England to begin with!

Advice? Or just fogettaboutit?
    Last edited by Sopher; 11-27-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Go for it . s are #
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Mississauga Ontario Canada Alamo Texas jan to may
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Go for It!

Enter your RTS but don't expect to get a break! The lines to talk to you will be long so be an ambassador for the !

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Smile

Go for it you may win it all back. I'am going to the kevmarv show when it comes to CT.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Why not! Even completely stock, the Spyder is a unique machine.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

I usually go to that show. I'll hold on to my voting slip in case you enter. My grandaughter will definitely vote for you if it's an RT like hers.

Spyder Garage

IF I do... then i'll need some ideas on a few items:
    I would think having power applied to the bike would be a real big bonus.
    BUT... I'm worried about a few things.
    Even if I disable the feed to the battery and apply power from my 12v AC power source, will it hurt any of the RT electronics?
    Basically, having the color LCD screen on, allowing audio from my XM radio would be great! But what to do about the headlights? Pull the fuse?
    I think the oil light idiot light would be on... any harm to that?
    I can easily jerryrig the long array of LED taillights to be ON.

Most bikers have a nice carpet/flooring, and corner posts.
    Then there is the placard. You know that kind that is a large scale version of the wallet card very early Spyderlovers drew up like Lamont did?
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

I put mine in a local car and bike show just fth of it. It's stock all the way except for GloRyders. Got a peoples choice award. You'll never know unless you do it.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Might be worth going into Boston to see it, if you do enter. Otherwise, that show is too much about custom choppers to interest me. Not saying the choppers are beautiful. I just don't quite understand the thrill of riding in such an uncomfortable position!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

I say go for it as well, as you have nothing to lose. Powering the Spyder would cool, but will your XM radio even work inside? If you have lighting mods it would be a good way to show them off.

I have entered my Spyder in a few shows, never expecting to win anything. The latest one was the Boardwalk Classic Bike Show at Biketoberfest in Daytona, and it was mostly custom built machines in that show. I had a great time hanging out on the boardwalk all day, and talked to more people than I could count about the Spyder. Lots of people had questions, and many were genuinely interested in the Spyder, enough so they went to the speedway and signed up for the demo rydes. So, even if you don't win anything it can be a very cool experience.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Go for it! You'll have one of the coolest parking spots available for your Spyder!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I am trying to think of the possible logistics with this.
    The venue is a new one for this show as the previous venue was sold to UMass Boston for more expansion by the school.

This trade center has extremely limited parking. I know. I used to work about four blocks from it years ago.

I originally planned on trailering the bike in. But no real "vendor" parking for long term. Better bet would be to drive the bike in and take the train home. Snow and Ice are now the only real issues.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Oh hell yeah! Go for it!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

JUST DO IT!!!
    Happy SE5 Owner

Spyder Garage

Anyone good at predicting weather? Late January is typically old and snowy. Looks like my best bet is to ride the bike in and take the train home at night. All day truck and trailer Parking is extremely limited in the area of the show. Any spots will be reserved for the vendors who bring 100 bikes.
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    Anyone good at predicting weather? Late January is typically old and snowy. Looks like my best bet is to ride the bike in and take the train home at night. All day truck and trailer Parking is extremely limited in the area of the show. Any spots will be reserved for the vendors who bring 100 bikes.
    How far of a ryde would it be? I know Seth, and some others, have ridden in the snow a bunch of times already. They may be able to give you some good pointers on what to watch out for with the handling of your Spyder in those conditions. I would say ryde it in, as it gives you something more to talk about as well. Of course, you will need to allocate some extra time to cleaning it up before the show if you do ryde it.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

I would leave the battery in, but hook a battery tender on it, leave the bike electronics off (key off) and have your lighting on an unswitched, fused circuit.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.