Spyder Garage

Default So how's this for a great service department from my Dealer...

So I called my dealer to ask if a DPS module for the RTs is available. I wanted to get it and my maintenance done at the same time. They said, the modules ahve been slow to come in. But call back in two hours (11am)when they get their deliveries. Sure enough, I called and one did come in. Packed up the RTS on the trailer and off I went.

Not only do the know me by name, but Todd (one of the service managers/techs) also remembered that the last software update I had was when my Spedometer reading was wacky back in April/May.

Gary (Who formerly owned G&G Cycles, where I bought my RS in '08) is also wokring for them. Glad to see.

So we were chatting a bit. The install/maintenance would be done either later today or tomorrow morning. I should be able to pick it up mid day tomorrow.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    So I called my dealer to ask if a DPS module for the RTs is available. I wanted to get it and my maintenance done at the same time. They said, the modules ahve been slow to come in. But call back in two hours (11am)when they get their deliveries. Sure enough, I called and one did come in. Packed up the RTS on the trailer and off I went.

Not only do the know me by name, but Todd (one of the service managers/techs) also remembered that the last software update I had was when my Spedometer reading was wacky back in April/May.

Gary (Who formerly owned G&G Cycles, where I bought my RS in '08) is also wokring for them. Glad to see.

So we were chatting a bit. The install/maintenance would be done either later today or tomorrow morning. I should be able to pick it up mid day tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Do you mind my asking where this was?
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Talking New DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post

Just returned from Bert's Mega Mall with the new DPS installed on my RS. They told me that they have 10 units on the shelf for the RS and 3 for the RT with one for the RT spoken for. Seems some dealers are not having any problems getting them. MMcc

Spyder Garage

Rt3a Motor Sports in North Chelmsford.

Tattr uses Desilva in Hudson.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That's interesting. I have been on the wait list since mid October and haven't received a call yet!

Please post how it runs after the update.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default call them

Quote Originally Posted by Laura-NH View Post
    That's interesting. I have been on the wait list since mid October and haven't received a call yet!

Please post how it runs after the update.
    I would suggest you call the dealer yourself - I was on "the list" with the dealer where I purchased my RT - they never called. I had the work done at a different dealer and have since decided they will get all of my future business because they are top-notch in my book! I did have to use the original dealer to have my fender replaced - it was damaged in shipping and THAT took forever - well into the summer. When I asked about "the List" I got a blank look....SO that is why I suggest you call them and don't wait. As "they" say ... the squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I'd like give a plug for a local dealer

The dealer I deal with usually is one that is located in Elk Grove, CA "POWERSPORTS". Well whats has happened a couple of times + is when i turn on the key i get a gray Digital Gauge. nothing shows up. I can start the spyder but you can't get the parking break to turn off. So you can't move even though it runs fine at idle. Well i had mentioned to Jim the Service Mgr before about that and they were unable to duplicate the problem. To day though i stopped by the dealer to pickup a acc. 12V socket as i am going to add one to the RT. I also was shown some awesome leather gloves. I just had to have them too Ryan is a good sales person . Sitting on my bike with key in i called the dealer via cell even though i was sitting in front of the store. Asked Ryan to come out if he could, he did he saw what i was saying before, then he had Jim the Service Mgr take a look at it then. Odd this time around is it would not reset back to a working digital gauge. So i asked is there any way we can this reset so i can get home? He grabbed a tech they came out and messed around with the relays and fuses. But no go. Finally figured out there is some flexing or something with the Circuit board in the gauge. Rapping the top of the dash clears the problem. The tech figured this out. Now the RT could be moved, took it in the back and pulled the dash apart see if maybe it was a connector. Nope that was not it. He had it on BUD, saw zillion error codes but not one from the main computer it said all was fine. But the error codes were coming from the Digital gauge. Everything is clear now. Jim was told by the Tech to put on order a new cluster. The temp fix may not last. Pushing in on the circuit board at least got me home and seems to working just great now. They worked on it for like 45 mins just so i could get home today. So in about a week Jim said he should have the new cluster and will call and set a date to install it.

Kudos to those guys for taking the extra step to assist me in my hour of need.
    Last edited by willteix; 11-26-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

So I go tthe DPS module installed. They also checked the rear suspensionas both were part of service tech bulletins for warranty work.

Oil and filter changed and belt inspected. Another service bulletin was to have the rubber gromets glued in. Glad for that; those buggers kept pushing out.

I also paid to have my tires looked at; they needed a re-balance.

Trailered it home and then took it out for a ride once the light rains stopped. The handling is better. A+++ for the new DPS. Used some of my gift card to pay the service bill. Now time for more gadgets.
    Other secret mods.