Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Power Commander for RT

I just had Dynojet's Power Commander and O2 Optimizer installed on my 2010 RT-SE5. While this product has been released, Dynojet was looking for additional feedback on performance.

So, while I've only had it a short time, I can say that throttle response, in all gears and all throttle positions, is noticeably improved. Even though my RT has always had very good engine performance, I was able to detect even smoother, more consistent throttle response.

Here are a few pictures of the Power Commander and Optimizer installed under the seat. I also have a file which describes installation, in case you were wondering what was involved.

Spyder Garage

Question

are you saying IT IS released?

or is NOT released yet. Dynojet said it was NOT released last I checked a month or two ago.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default IS released...

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    are you saying IT IS released?

or is NOT released yet. Dynojet said it was NOT released last I checked a month or two ago.
    When I took the bike back a few days ago, Dusty said it has been released, but they were still looking for rider feedback, which is why they provided me with the product. It's much easier for them to work with locals when they are fine tuning their products.

Spyder Garage

Question

COOL

will wait until they get some more feedback and for my wallet to recover from the Works Performance Shocks purchase...

but definitely on the upgrade list... especially since it is an closed loop O2 sensor system as well...

did you do the install? or have them do it? how easy is the install plug and play?
    Last edited by clueless; 11-18-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

How is this product better than TwoBro's Juice Box Pro?
    2009 SM5 Phantom - TwoBro's Exhaust, Juice Box Pro, aFe Synthetic Filter, MotoAir "airbag" Jacket, Evo Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lamarguy View Post
    How is this product better than TwoBro's Juice Box Pro?
    my understanding is the JB Pro is an open system it does not take feedback from the o2 sensors. I dont know if it makes you shut them off *bypass* or just works around them.

the new Dynojet Optimizer I am hoping actually reads the o2 sensors and adjust the fuel map you put in to optimize based on the current air fuel ratio the o2 sensor is reading. so it will tweak the fuel map on the fly ...

Spyder Garage

my understanding is the JB Pro is an open system it does not take feedback from the o2 sensors. I dont know if it makes you shut them off *bypass* or just works around them.

the new Dynojet Optimizer I am hoping actually reads the o2 sensors and adjust the fuel map you put in to optimize based on the current air fuel ratio the o2 sensor is reading. so it will tweak the fuel map on the fly ...
    It is MY understanding that the JB Pro has an option to take feedback from optional wide-band O2 sensors. It is my further understanding that the JB Pro is, in fact, built by DynoJet.

The Juice Box (not pro) was built by Dobeck Performance.

Both Juice Boxes are branded for and marketed by Two Brothers Racing. I suspect that the JB Pro and the DynoJet Optimizer are probably pretty much one and the same. I could be wrong, though... done it lots of times before.

Last edited by ataDude; 11-18-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

my understanding is the JB Pro is an open system it does not take feedback from the o2 sensors.
    JB is a simple open loop controller (no O2 sensor reading). JB Pro is a closed loop controller (unless WOT). All maps revert to open loop at WOT.

Also, JB Pro and Power Commander maps are interchangeable (same tuning software).
    2009 SM5 Phantom - TwoBro's Exhaust, Juice Box Pro, aFe Synthetic Filter, MotoAir "airbag" Jacket, Evo Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

JBP is made by Dynojet.

On the Spyder RT the Closed loop area is everything up to 40% throttle and 7500 RPM. The current Juice Box Pro targets 13.6:1 Air / fuel ratio in this area. You can make it richer or leaner with the Top Tune software as shown in the video. You will change the whole closed lop area when a change is made.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The JB Pro has 2 input cables, one from the front 02 sensor and one from the rear 02 sensor. It is a closed loop system, like Lamont said and allows all of the features that the Power Commander does.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    On the Spyder RT the Closed loop area is everything up to 40% throttle and 7500 RPM.
    Thanks for clarifying the criteria for exiting closed loop mode.

How much is the Power Commander going for? I see one selling on eBay for $325.

JB Pro is selling for $268 at 58cycle.

Spyder Garage

is the JB PRO interrupting the signal between the Spyder fuel management and the engine?

it sounds like Dynojet improved on it for their own model with an separate O2 optimizer. I wonder what this does ... just read Dave01 comments..

i am guessing the ebay one is for the RS not the RT. they just released the RT.

I got to wonder why not just release the JB PRO if they make it anyway. when I spoke with Dynojet tech support they said they had issues with the RT electronics and it was more complex so they must be doing something different in the Dynojet model.
    Last edited by clueless; 11-18-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

but the question is the O2 sensor feeding into the JB Pro or just fine tune based off the Spyder fuel management system.

it is interrupting the signal between the Spyder fuel management and the engine?

it sounds like Dynojet improved on it for their own model with an separate O2 optimizer. I wonder what this does ... just read Dave01 comments..

i am guessing the ebay one is for the RS not the RT. they just released the RT.

I got to wonder why not just release the JB PRO if they make it anyway. when I spoke with Dynojet techsupport they said they had issues with the RT electronics and it was more complex so they must be doing something different in the Dynojet model.
    Not too sure. I just opened my Toptune program and they have a button for loading Powercommander maps into the JB Pro. I do know you have to keep the stock 02 sensors for use with the Pro version. 02 optimizers will not work with them.

Spyder Garage

but the question is the O2 sensor feeding into the JB Pro or just fine tune based off the Spyder fuel management system.
    Watch the video Lamont posted. The AFR changes as the map is adjusted at ~5K RPM.

is interrupting the signal between the Spyder fuel management and the engine?
    Yes, JB Pro modifies the injector signal whether in open or closed loop mode.

Spyder Garage

the only other reason I like dynojet is there are a few certified dynojet dyno operators in the area. I am hoping one of them will allow the spyder to be tuned on it.

they plug the dynojet unit into their computer and can get the map optimized while on the dyno. then with the closed loop o2 sensor it should get it the rest of the way there...

i dont know of any juice box pro dyno operators... do they list them on their website like Dynojet?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

the only other reason I like dynojet is there are a few certified dynojet dyno operators in the area. I am hoping one of them will allow the spyder to be tuned on it.

they plug the dynojet unit into their computer and can get the map optimized while on the dyno. then with the closed loop o2 sensor it should get it the rest of the way there...

i dont know of any juice box pro dyno operators... do they list them on their website like Dynojet?
    I agree on the tuning centers. Used them a lot in the past. The new issue is a dyno that will handle the Spyder, and the traction control, which will have to be disabled to prevent the limp mode from coming on when it senses no front wheel movement.

Spyder Garage

TwoBros released three different dyno-tuned maps for the JB Pro, each with different intake/exhaust modifications. But, yes, custom tuning would be nice.

You could always rent dyno time and make the modifications on your laptop with Top Tune between runs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    The new issue is a dyno that will handle the Spyder, and the traction control, which will have to be disabled to prevent the limp mode from coming on when it senses no front wheel movement.
    From reading past threads, I thought that issue was resolved - unplug all four wheel sensors. No?

Spyder Garage

TwoBros released three different dyno-tuned maps for the JB Pro, each with different intake/exhaust modifications. But, yes, custom tuning would be nice.

You could always rent dyno time and make the modifications on your laptop with Top Tune between runs.
    i am not that good... good map tuning is an art... I have seen people do it that are ok and one guy that was really good. you have to be able to know where to tweak while on the fly to get it right and to adjust based on the fact that you will get more air in when actually riding then the fans blow into the engine.

Spyder Garage

From reading past threads, I thought that issue was resolved - unplug all four wheel sensors. No?
    Yes, mostly. You only have to disconnect the rear sensors (to show zero) to match the front.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My Spyder would not fit on the dyno that my bike tuner used. Too wide in the front and no place for the wheels to sit. Looking for another choice now.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default More feedback...

I thought the stock performance of my Spyder was pretty good, but the PC has made it an even greater pleasure to drive. The smoothness is unbelievable. None of the lumpiness when creeping around in first gear, and instant response at highway speeds. It's a little early to tell, but I think my mileage has improved. Even though the AFR is richer, I'm probably preserving fuel with the smoother throttle twists.

Spyder Garage

so what exactly does the Optizmizer module do for you ?

did they say what it was for? does the install for the PC V involve anything with the stock o2 sensors? or is the Optimizer involved to tie in the O2 sensors for Dynojet.

again I have to wonder why Dynojet if they make the JB PRO would not just release it under their name right away instead of making a totally new unit with a separate new optimizer module

Spyder Garage

May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default we shall see...

Been reading these forums for awhile... but this is the first time I have posted... I have a Spyder RT-S 2010 model and I am having Power Commander and a muffler package installed today. My dealer has done it once already for someone else and it worked very well. And yes, this is hot off the press... this stuff has not been out too terribly long. I will post my observations once I get a change to test out the performance and ride of the bike.

Wish me luck!