Spyder Garage

Default Olympia Toy Run, December 4th

Okay Washingtonians! It's time to start thinking about and planning for the Olympia Toy Run!

What is it? A group motorcycle ride (parade, actually) through the city of Olympia, around the Capitol Building, and ends at a nearby park. It is one of the top motorcycle riding events of the year. Last year, there were over 16,000 motorcycles that participated in this event.

Why do it? It's for a GOOD CAUSE. You bring a new toy to donate, or $10 cash donation, and it is given to the Salvation Army to go to the less fortunate children that generally don't get much for Christmas. Oh yeah, and people DECORATE their motorcycles and trikes too - which is always fun to look at. I plan on decorating my RT as well.

When is it? Saturday, December 4th. All the bikes meet at a nearby mall, so there's lots of parking. Gates open at 10AM. Parade starts at around 1PM. Better to be there EARLY rather than LATER.

What do I bring? As mentioned, at least a NEW toy to donate. Some folks go nuts and bring tons, but just one is fine too. Or bring cash. Good idea to bring a snack, as there were not many concessions at either end of the ride last year. Since there are thousands of people that line the streets (including children), it'd be a good idea to bring some hard candies to hand out to the children along the way.

More info about the event can be found here.

Pictures that I took from last year's event are here.

SCRAPPED THE PLAN TO MAKE IT A GROUP RYDE DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST (NO RESPONSES). 'HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Please PM me, e-mail me or call me (206-941-9844) if you are interested in joining in.
    Last edited by wukka; 12-03-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Spyder Garage

As of 10:42AM on Sunday, November 28th I have not received 1 response from anyone on this great ryde. Now, it is this coming Saturday (Dec. 4) and the weather forecast is GREAT - SUNNY and in the 40's.

Need to know if there are any others that are interested in making this a group ryde...

Quote Originally Posted by wukka View Post
    Okay Washingtonians! It's time to start thinking about and planning for the Olympia Toy Run!

What is it? A group motorcycle ride (parade, actually) through the city of Olympia, around the Capitol Building, and ends at a nearby park. It is one of the top motorcycle riding events of the year. Last year, there were over 16,000 motorcycles that participated in this event.

Why do it? It's for a GOOD CAUSE. You bring a new toy to donate, or $10 cash donation, and it is given to the Salvation Army to go to the less fortunate children that generally don't get much for Christmas. Oh yeah, and people DECORATE their motorcycles and trikes too - which is always fun to look at. I plan on decorating my RT as well.

When is it? Saturday, December 4th. All the bikes meet at a nearby mall, so there's lots of parking. Gates open at 10AM. Parade starts at around 1PM. Better to be there EARLY rather than LATER.

What do I bring? As mentioned, at least a NEW toy to donate. Some folks go nuts and bring tons, but just one is fine too. Or bring cash. Good idea to bring a snack, as there were not many concessions at either end of the ride last year. Since there are thousands of people that line the streets (including children), it'd be a good idea to bring some hard candies to hand out to the children along the way.

More info about the event can be found here.

Pictures that I took from last year's event are here.

SCRAPPED THE PLAN TO MAKE IT A GROUP RYDE DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST (NO RESPONSES). 'HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!

Please PM me, e-mail me or call me (206-941-9844) if you are interested in joining in.
    Last edited by wukka; 12-03-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Toy Run

I will be there. My club does the Toy Run security.

Skinner
    SDMC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    I will be there. My club does the Toy Run security.

Skinner
    SDMC

Niiiice...What do you ryde? Call me at 206-941-9844 around 11AM and I'll try to find ya!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Toy Run

I ride an all black 2008 SM5. It will have orange Christmas lights on it Saturday. It has a personal license plate "SKINNR". I will probably be around the entry into the parking lot most of the morning. Just ask any of the Society's Deviants where Skinner is and they will locate me.