Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    Good to know. I guess I will make sure I can go and try to get a room at the Best Western then. I know I won't be able to make Wednesday or Thursday though which is a bummer.

I talked to the dealership, they aren't sure if I have to get my DPS replaced again. I had it replaced and a few months later there was the recall. So, when I take it in (hopefully next Friday or Saturday) they are going to figure that out and get the bike ready to go. It will stink if I have to get it replaced AGAIN but I'd rather do it now before it gets really nice.

Amanda
    If you had it replaced before the recall...it needs to be done again. The current DPS is a redesigned unit from the one they replaced your original with. These units were not available until the (2nd) recall was announced.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

howdy fellow sypder lovers!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...3e378a77d2&z=7

Here is the route some of the Ohio Spyder Ryders are taking. Would love to meet up on the way with some Hoosiers and ryde in!

Check out our thread for our plans & see if we can hook up along the way!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=25636
    Last edited by kuroneko81; 02-19-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    If you had it replaced before the recall...it needs to be done again. The current DPS is a redesigned unit from the one they replaced your original with. These units were not available until the (2nd) recall was announced.

Well that really bites because I had the DPS replaced and right after I got my bike back the recall came out. They had my Spyder for a very long time and I missed a good portion of the riding season. The dealership said they would think BRP wouldn't send a faulty part to fix it, knowing that a recall was coming out. I was hoping, but I think given the contact I've had with BRP it probably is very likely I will have to have it replaced again. I didn't take it in after the recall because I actually wanted to ride it some during the riding season. I guess if I get it in next weekend, maybe I'll have it back before Spyderfest. I don't know whether to make hotel reservations or not now though.

BTW, where is the cheapest place to get the BEST warranty?
    Last edited by Amanda B; 02-20-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Everything never changes!

Spyder Garage

If they have the parts, it should take about 2 hours for the replacement; if they don't have the parts, just get your name & Spyder s/n on the list and ryde.
    I've been waiting since October for a call on mine.

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    If they have the parts, it should take about 2 hours for the replacement; if they don't have the parts, just get your name & Spyder s/n on the list and ryde.
    I've been waiting since October for a call on mine.

john

Unfortunately, the way my dealership works you take your bike in and once it is there, then they order parts. I've been through it before already, which is why I am thinking about it in Feb. God only knows what they do with it while it is there!

Since you have been waiting so long, I'm guessing BRP isn't getting the parts out quickly?

Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, the way my dealership works you take your bike in and once it is there, then they order parts. I've been through it before already, which is why I am thinking about it in Feb. God only knows what they do with it while it is there!

Since you have been waiting so long, I'm guessing BRP isn't getting the parts out quickly?
    from my understanding…BRP is sending out batches to dealers…like 6 at a time. when those 6 are replaced the dealer sends those 6 faulty ones back to BRP & the cycle repeats. not sure if that's what the hold up is...
    but i can definitely understand your frustration

Spyder Garage

They cannot order the new DPS, the last I knew. They are still being auto-shipped, in batches, last I knew. Assure that your dealer has one on hand that is not spoken for, before you drop off the Spyder. Since you are having steering system problems, Carlo may be able to expedite things if you have difficulties with your dealer, or they are out of stock.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They have the units at Action Motorsports in Lafayette. I was there last Friday.
    If your dealer won't put on a list, find another dealer. They all want you to drop them off, just insist on an appointment. If they won't do that find another dealer. You time is valuable too. Of course, that's easier said than done the way the dealers are going by the wayside.
    As soon as the weather starts to get better the dealers are going to be real busy. Better now than later.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I agree better now than later, which is why I am trying to get the Spyder in ASAP. Plus I have to do the regularly scheduled oil change and stuff...and I am having a different sprocket put on. I'm getting rid of the cheap plastic part in the back and I am having a sprocket powder coated as we speak.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Red face

Sorry, gang...not going to Cuba...have a previous engagement I'd forgotten about. Sigh...and, in all candor, I'm still not comfortable about taking my Spyder on a long-distance trip. At least...not solo...
    Happy SE5 Owner

Spyder Garage

I know most of you already have plans and your route planned out for the drive to Cuba but I wanted to extend this tentative invitation to anyone that is interested. I thought I would post our scenic route. A small group of us are coming from MI and taking the back roads. We will be leaving on Monday the 25th and staying the night probably somewhere near Havana, IL. We will cut out in the morning of the 26th for the last 5 hours or so into Cuba. Just passing on info in the event anyone wants to meet up for any part of the ride. Havana is just a potential stop at this point though. We are playing it by ear and if we choose to stop a bit earlier or later, that could always happen. When we do get to our overnight location, I will post it on the site for anyone interested in joining us. Here is the link to our route Our route to Cuba
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    I know most of you already have plans and your route planned out for the drive to Cuba but I wanted to extend this tentative invitation to anyone that is interested. I thought I would post our scenic route. A small group of us are coming from MI and taking the back roads. We will be leaving on Monday the 25th and staying the night probably somewhere near Havana, IL. We will cut out in the morning of the 26th for the last 5 hours or so into Cuba. Just passing on info in the event anyone wants to meet up for any part of the ride. Havana is just a potential stop at this point though. We are playing it by ear and if we choose to stop a bit earlier or later, that could always happen. When we do get to our overnight location, I will post it on the site for anyone interested in joining us. Here is the link to our route Our route to Cuba
    Looks like a fun route. Janet & I will be leaving the 26th. Probably take the truck and trailer unless I can get a trailer for the spyder done by then
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.