Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Is it too early?

To start planning meeting points for the ryde to Cuba?

john

Spyder Garage

Evidently.

john

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

no retread it isnt, we are trying to get some ohio ryders to meet up, could meet up with some hoosiers to go

Spyder Garage

Just a few guesses, nothing cut in stone yet. I plan on leaving the morning of the 28th; it's about 6 to 7 hours to Cuba, heading west and picking up I70. As I said, not in stone, so I might leave on the 27th. Plenty of time to iron things out.

john

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question

I'd love to go...but my 2011 plans are still nebulous.
    Happy SE5 Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
    I'd love to go...but my 2011 plans are still nebulous.
    If you have any inkling of going, you better make your room reservations soon or you might find yourself 50 miles away. Motels are filling up fast.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Okay, I'm thinking of extending my stay, 1 day on the front, 1 on the back, with all that's going to be going on, I might need more time.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=retread;279388]Okay, I'm thinking of extending my stay, 1 day on the front, 1 on the back, with all that's going to be going on, I might need more time.

john[/QUO
    I think you are trying to a head start on the scavenger hunt

Janet & I are heading out on Tuesday also.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I think you are trying to a head start on the scavenger hunt

Nope, just want to be rested up for it.

john

Spyder Garage

Reservations at Best Western Cuba, 4-27 to 5-2. Leaving around 9 AM 4-27, I-70 at either exit 66, 59 or 51, should be between 9:30 and 10AM for I-70. Looking at Cuba by 3PM local time, they're CST, so that's giving 7 hours for the ryde. PM if you'd like to meet up.

john

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey guys ---- I'm more than likely going to get to go

I was transfered yet again in December -- now I'm driving 70 miles to and from work -- grrrr, but, seems my vacation request is not being denied at my new location. So lookout Cuba -- the phantom interloper is coming to Spyderfest ..........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    Hey guys ---- I'm more than likely going to get to go

I was transfered yet again in December -- now I'm driving 70 miles to and from work -- grrrr, but, seems my vacation request is not being denied at my new location. So lookout Cuba -- the phantom interloper is coming to Spyderfest ..........
    Great to hear from you again. We've missed you here. Good news on Spyderfest. Hopefully see you before then.
    So, where are you working now? Do you have a regular day off?
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Still with the same company, just driving to Monticello. The trip there will be much better when I can ride instead of drive

Spyder Garage

Hey Tina, have you heard anything from Amanda? She hasn't been here in a while.

john

Spyder Garage

No, I haven't heard from her, but I haven't been in here much. I'll send her a text message on her phone.

Spyder Garage

Looking forward in seeing you all again

That's right, you better get some rest before it all starts retread, lots going on this time!

Great news, that you get to come Tina
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry...

Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. It has been a busy winter for me. I got your message Tina, and it reminded me to come back.
    Everything never changes!

Spyder Garage

Hi Amanda, are you going to Spyderfest? How about the Moonshine Lunch Run? Lots of plans for this year already.

john

Spyder Garage

Default Remind me...

What are the dates for both and the locations? The one is Cuba right, but the other one I don't know anything about.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. It has been a busy winter for me. I got your message Tina, and it reminded me to come back.
    Nice to have you back on. We've missed you. You have to make Cuba for sure. If you don't go, people will talk about you
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Spyderfest is April 28 to May 1, in Cuba, MO. All the info is here on Spyderlovers.
    Moonshine is April 8 to 10; we'll be there on the 9th, it's in Moonshine, IL, population 2, it's not on the map, but it's about 120 miles from Franklin, IN. The Food Network says the hamburgers there are among the best in the country, so we're going there to find out.

john

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...3e378a77d2&z=7

Some of the Ohio Spyder Ryders Club will be heading out early on the 27th to meet up with some spyders in Dayton around 8am we will head out at 9:00 AM. We hope to meet up with more as we ride throw Indiana. I have marked some possible stops on are way.

Spyder Garage

Default Poo

I cannot get Wednesday or Thursday off so if I were to come to Spyderfest I would not be able to make it until late Thursday or Friday. Do/will they still register me that late in the event? So, any local hotels have an indoor swimming pool? I know...I know I should have done my research but it's been a VERY busy winter for me. I think the Holiday Inn Express does, but I don't know for sure. I want to go to Spyderfest.

The Moonshine one I can probably do.

I still have to get my bike in for the recall work from the last recall they sent out. I'm hoping to get it there in the next week or so. Hopefully they'll get it ready quickly so I'm good to go.
    Last edited by Amanda B; 02-16-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda B View Post
    I cannot get Wednesday or Thursday off so if I were to come to Spyderfest I would not be able to make it until late Thursday or Friday. Do/will they still register me that late in the event? So, any local hotels have an indoor swimming pool? I know...I know I should have done my research but it's been a VERY busy winter for me. I think the Holiday Inn Express does, but I don't know for sure. I want to go to Spyderfest.

The Moonshine one I can probably do.

I still have to get my bike in for the recall work from the last recall they sent out. I'm hoping to get it there in the next week or so. Hopefully they'll get it ready quickly so I'm good to go.
    Amanda,
    If there is a chance you are going, make motel reservations NOW. There are only a few motels in Cuba. They are filling up fast, if not already full. Here's a link:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...hlight=staying
    Hope you can make it.
    we'll do the Moonshine run as soon as it warms up at bit.
    P.S. The wife and I are staying at the Best Western. I think John(retread) is also.
    Last edited by Trickie Dick; 02-17-2011 at 08:36 AM.
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Good to know. I guess I will make sure I can go and try to get a room at the Best Western then. I know I won't be able to make Wednesday or Thursday though which is a bummer.

I talked to the dealership, they aren't sure if I have to get my DPS replaced again. I had it replaced and a few months later there was the recall. So, when I take it in (hopefully next Friday or Saturday) they are going to figure that out and get the bike ready to go. It will stink if I have to get it replaced AGAIN but I'd rather do it now before it gets really nice.

Amanda