Spyder Garage

Default Hampton Roads Can Am Dealerships?

Hey Hampton Roads Spyder Ryders!!!!

I'm a new Spyder owner, well new used Spyder owner, and I was looking for some input on Can Am dealerships in Hampton Roads.

Can Am lists 3: Casey Cycle City (Newports News), All Out Cycle (Chesapeake), and VA Beach Watercraft (VA Beach).

Can ya'll chime in and give me your opinion on the three and which is the best for bike & customer service?

Thanks!!!!
    Angela
    Suffolk, VA
    2009 Spyder GS
    Phantom Black Limited Edition #195
    "Newbie Spyder Owner"

Spyder Garage

No opinions, seriously?
    Angela
    Suffolk, VA
    2009 Spyder GS
    "Newbie Spyder Owner"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Hampton Roads Dealers.

I talked to the guy at that dealer in Virginia Beach back in December before I bought mine down here in North Carolina, don't remember his name but he was very personable.

The Newport News dealer has some good staff in the parts/service department, but the sales guy there saw some things differently than I did. Based on my experience you should be fine either way. The Newport News dealer seemed to have more parts and clothing than the one in Virginia Beach.

Brian

Spyder Garage

Default Hampton Roads Can Am Dealerships?

I purchased mine, new, from Vabch Wtr Craft. Nice guys, but they are more interested in watercraft than the Spyders. Service was ok.
    Went to All Out Cycles for parts and they were more into the bikes than watercraft. I use now use All Out Cycles for parts and service.
    Example of what I'm talking about, I called VABCH Wtr Craft to have my bike serviced prior to going to Gatlinburg for Spyders in the Smokies, event. I was told it would be 3 weeks before they could have room for it in their lot, and at lest another week before they could get to it. Another example of the VABCH Wtr Craft was, When I went to get a service done I had to tell them of the Shop service notices from BRP, they had no clue about these service bulletins. Nuf said.
    Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up. I kind of had a sneaky suspicion that a watercraft dealer wouldn't put the spyder at the top of their priority list. What about Caseys? Have you dealt with them at all?
    Angela
    Suffolk, VA
    2009 Spyder GS
    "Newbie Spyder Owner"

Spyder Garage

Default Caseys???

Not close enough to deal with for me. Althou I see them everyday I'm driving an 18 wheeler and their parking lot is not a good place to park.

The USPS would also frown on me stopping.
    Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary

Spyder Garage

I drive by Casey to get mine serviced at All Out Cycles, All Out gave me a much better deal so I feel it's in my best interest to stay loyal. I went to Casey for service on my previous bike and have no complaints.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use All out Cycles in Chesapeake. I have nothing bad to say about these guys. Every time I call they get me in and out in reasonable time. I am about to drop mine off for the 3k service and having a back rest installed as well. Dave and Rob are the ones I have dealt with, both great guys.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default dealer info

Caseys in newport News treated me like a rock star..and the salesman brian was laid back no pressure guy with tons of info on Spyders and the whole Spyder concept...Service is friendly and to the point...Quality rates an "A+"... thanks and hope that helps..

Spyder Garage

I purchased my Spyder from Casey Cycles. I would say that the Sales team was ok, not great, but definitely not bad, they are willing to work with you. The actual service department in the back are great, know about the BRP changes and even call me when one comes down the pipe. Parts dept, well I would have to say that they are not really customer service oriented, some of the time (very few) they are friendly, but never make a purchase mistake or receive a defective item... All the friendliness is gone. The answer I got was I bought it, it is my issue, regardless if it was broken when I received it. So I will go somewhere for the parts and accessories. Then bring it directly to the service side and they will install them should I need them too.

But then moved on to Craigslist to the rescue. Now I have a medium of the same helmet.

As for VA Beach Watercraft (VA Beach)... They told me upfront that since I did not buy from them, then any spyder, that they sold comes in, will have priority over mine, so the shop time could be several months at the least. All I was wanting was a check up.

I don't know anything about the Chesapeake Store, tho with everyone talking about it I will probably check them out.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most adaptive to change.

Spyder Garage

Had my recall work done at Casey and I was very impressed with their service department. I will definitely go there from now on.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Casey Cycle was RUDE

Quote Originally Posted by awood279 View Post

I'm a new Spyder owner, well new used Spyder owner, and I was looking for some input on Can Am dealerships in Hampton Roads.

Can Am lists 3: Casey Cycle City (Newports News), All Out Cycle (Chesapeake), and VA Beach Watercraft (VA Beach).

Can ya'll chime in and give me your opinion on the three and which is the best for bike & customer service?

Thanks!!!!
    Thanks for letting me know there are two other options...Chesapeake and Va Beach! The rep I had at Casey was not very friendly. In the midst of me getting my info, another customer came up to ask questions and he COMPLETELY disregarded us and started assisting him. The fact remains, they were out of Can Ams for the season...but still getting the info was vital to us. We ended up not buying one at all. I think I will venture out ot Chesapeake. Thanks again.

PS...does anyone have FEMALE salespersonnel anymore? Sheesh.

Spyder Garage

Hey needatries,

Do you remember who you talked with? When I went in to get mine Spyder, I was advised to talk with Brian. I know that several other people have also talked with him as well. I have not heard of any complaints against him at Casey Cycle.

Silverwolf
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the most adaptive to change.

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Casey is OK in my book

I went to all out cycles and ask to meet the mechanic and I was told he was busy turning wrenches and didn't have time.
    So I had my service done at casey and all future service will be done there as well. My 1st service at casey was good and done in a timely manor.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Cycle City

I use Cycle City in newport news. I purchased just last year. Called the dealer last week and he remembered me, by name instantly! Satisfied with service! So when you want to ride out? Wanted to ride with a group of Can Am owners. let me know..nitatries at yahoo dot com

Thanks!!!![/QUOTE]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default follow up

I ended up going back months later, avoided the original rude dude and ended up purchasing with "Leo". LOVE MY SYPDER!

Hey needatries,

Do you remember who you talked with? When I went in to get mine Spyder, I was advised to talk with Brian. I know that several other people have also talked with him as well. I have not heard of any complaints against him at Casey Cycle.

Silverwolf[/QUOTE]

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Staying with Casey's

I have been in Casey's twice now for service and have always been treated great. No complaints here.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

Default ALL OUT CYCLES - CHESAPEAKE

Just got my CanAm from All Out Cycles in July 2012. Great people, hands down!!!! I did my homework prior to the purchase, but they still had a wealth of info for me. 600 mile checkup was a breeze! Great sales staff! See Dave...Kevin has since left. Service is top notch as well. Would recommend this shop to any and all. Will probably get the second one from there as well.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!!!!
    All Out Cycles in Chesapeake is the greatest! I live in Hampton and went to All Out Cycles after visiting Cycle City and was basically ignored until I asked to be helped. As soon as I walked in the door at All Out Cycles I was greeted by a dog, really a no kidding 4 legged animal, and within 15 seconds, David Hansin (co-owner with his brother) greeted me and we started talking. To make a long story shorter, after a test ryde I wrote them a check on the spot for a 2012 Pearl White RT Limited, sight unseen (my Spyder was still in the crate). This was on a Saturday. Wednesday of the next week David delivered my Spyder to me in Hampton in an enclosed trailer...no charge. Had my 600 and 4600 mile service done there via an appointment. No hassles, no problems, excellent customer service. I recommend All Out Cycles without reservation. Don't know anything about Va Beach dealer.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

I know this is an old thread

As should have guessed about the complaints against Va. Beach Watercraft, they no longer carry or service Spyders.

In my opinion Cycle City Corp in Newport News has the best service because their shop foreman is one of the east coast regions best BRPs technicians. Another of BRPs best technicians is in our area also, but he has since started his own business working mainly on Seadoo's.

Spyder Garage

Thanks!!!!
    I think City Cycle is the best in Hampton Roads. I called All out cycle for appointments and they are always backed up. City Cycle have a drive in first come first served on Saturdays for routine maintenance. Plus Leo and Brian are the best seller. I purchased my 2013 RT LTD, $2000 less than the asking sticker price and Leo, threw in two helmets also. Leo even stated they will work me a good trade-in on the new 2014 RT's.

Spyder Garage

One of the problems w All Out Cycles is that they started as a pawn shop and they still have that mentality.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Biggdogg22 View Post
    I think City Cycle is the best in Hampton Roads. I called All out cycle for appointments and they are always backed up. City Cycle have a drive in first come first served on Saturdays for routine maintenance. Plus Leo and Brian are the best seller. I purchased my 2013 RT LTD, $2000 less than the asking sticker price and Leo, threw in two helmets also. Leo even stated they will work me a good trade-in on the new 2014 RT's.
    I purchased my Spyder in May '12 from All Out Cycles and have had all scheduled and un-scheduled service work done there. Always got an appointment within a few days of calling and service performed while waiting. Couldn't be more pleased with their customer service!
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded