Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default spyders lets gt together

Am new to this and hav been thinking about it from the time we got are spyder.Would like to put together some kind of ride in so we can all meet and make new friends. If you are in Arizona and think this is a good idea please give me some feedback.

Spyder Garage

Love the idea, but somehow it never seems to happen. Although now we have several more riders in the Phoenix area and a club on Meetup.com.

We'd certainly be up for a meet and greet. Hope you get some more interest.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default hopefully it will com together

Well I'm going to work at it for a while and see what we can do. Am heading over to Peoria ridenow in a few minutes and will talk with them about some support maybe. Am also going to send some individual notes to poeple in this blog that say location Arizona and also the Spyderryder.com site and we'll see.
    Last edited by AZd&dspyder; 11-13-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have a hard enough time just getting together with any type of local riding club.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I ride a lot during the week but not so much the weekends because of work. My old high school buddies ride their Harley's on Sundays religiously and have invited me to ride, but my schedule is just too opposite than theirs. So I'm a lone ryder for now
    ATMJim, I'm always up in Marana ryding the farm roads and went to the Ostrich farm in Picacho the other day. You ever ryde during the week?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZd&dspyder View Post
    Well I'm going to work at it for a while and see what we can do. Am heading over to Peoria ridenow in a few minutes and will talk with them about some support maybe. Am also going to send some individual notes to poeple in this blog that say location Arizona and also the Spyderryder.com site and we'll see.
    Have that Ride Now hook up with the other Ride Nows in the Phoenix and Tucson areas. I know there are Spyders down here! Went by Ride Now on Ina Rd the other day and they have 25 Spyders on the list for DPS recall work. They didn't realize there were so many Spyders in the area. That's not including the Ride Now on the east side of town!

Spyder Garage

Yeah, the Ostrich Farm...the wife, kids and in-laws road that monster truck this week-end. I hiked Catalina instead. I was going to ride to Tortilla Flats with TSB, but I missed them waiting to hear if O.T. was available. I did some local riding instead, did the Park Link road to Catalina(Oracle Rd) To Tangerine to Moore to Trico to Pinal Air Park to Red Rock. I like that Park Link Rd, it's very tempting to not make a violent left and head for SRC.
    And I wish I was ATMJIM, that would solve all my money problems. Since I'm AMTJIM...I gotta work a lot of O.T. to stretch that silly puttiy far enough to make ends meet.
    Last edited by AMTJIM; 11-15-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Welllll, I did it, I turned left. What a great ride. Had SRC pretty much all to myself, still some big bug smashing going on...pretty colors.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AMTJIM View Post
    Welllll, I did it, I turned left. What a great ride. Had SRC pretty much all to myself, still some big bug smashing going on...pretty colors.
    I haven't ridden in a few days except to the doc's and the store. Not feeling well. Dang flu season! But would love to try that route you take! Plan a day and I'll meet ya somewhere and we'll tear it up! Start some sort of group for Spyder ryding here!!!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Arizona Spyders

Check out http://www.meetup.com/CASE-Can-Am-Sp...s/?gj=wg2_ej1b for a spyder club in the valley. Our next meeting is Dec 1st at 6:30 at the Red, White & Brew at Power Rd & McDowell in Mesa.

MEETING DATE CHANGED TO 12/1/10
    Last edited by LadyBug08; 11-24-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: date change

Spyder Garage

I'm on there and watching, but like I said...it's hard to even coordinate with local clubs. Also, I like to go ride immediately since time is short, not ride to a ride...and then ride home.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

No Spyder requyred!
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AMTJIM View Post
    Yeah, the Ostrich Farm...the wife, kids and in-laws road that monster truck this week-end. I hiked Catalina instead. I was going to ride to Tortilla Flats with TSB, but I missed them waiting to hear if O.T. was available. I did some local riding instead, did the Park Link road to Catalina(Oracle Rd) To Tangerine to Moore to Trico to Pinal Air Park to Red Rock. I like that Park Link Rd, it's very tempting to not make a violent left and head for SRC.
    And I wish I was ATMJIM, that would solve all my money problems. Since I'm AMTJIM...I gotta work a lot of O.T. to stretch that silly puttiy far enough to make ends meet.
    I rode Park Link Rd today from Oro Valley and headed down I-10 back home to Cortaro Farms area! Was a nice ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Yes, be careful...it IS open range. I sometimes do a 1/2 trip and make a U-turn...in 5 mins, it goes from clear to cattle!
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I noticed it was open range, but man those semi's were more dangerous than the cattle on that stretch!
    Thinking of heading up to Florence on Monday. Met a retired couple from there who bought an RT at Ride Now on Ina last week. They want to ride a little to get use to the Spyder, told them I'd ride with them and show them all the little RT tricks. Thinking of taking I-10 up and then take 79 back to Oracle Junction to 77 (Oracle Rd) and back home. Be a nice loop ride!
    Hope we can ride soon one day!

Spyder Garage

I don't think I have been in the mix with Semi's on that ride yet. I can see where it would make the road very full if coming from opposite direction or very slow if you catch up to one, especially with a trail of lemmings behind it.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black