Thread: I'm 100% Legal!

Threaded View

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm 100% Legal! (Maybe a bad choice of words)

Good news to share...

This past Saturday I drove the RS-S about an hour north to Bellingham where my skills or driving test for the trike/sidecar endorsement was scheduled at 10:30AM. A friend decided to also ride (on two wheels) at the last minute and my wife followed in the truck as moral support. We arrived early so that I could walk and drive the course (remote from the DOL office) for a lap or two before the appointed time. I had asked permission to do this earlier in the week, and after a long pause on the other end of the phone was told that if I were to arrive early, none of the staff would be on site... I chuckled a little bit at this and so did the examiner I was talking to.

The test went very well despite the wet conditions and the toughest part was to trying to relax and not over think the situation. The Spyder simplified the job greatly with its symmetrical design, wide wheels up front where they are easy to see, and ABS brakes provided hard stops without skidding tires.

Thanks to all of you new friends for advice and support, I'm very happy to say that I passed the skills test and am now legal to drive at any hour of the day and to carry passengers!

Tim
    Last edited by - Tim -; 11-10-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Correct typos and wording.