Spyder Garage

Default spyder acting up

was in heavy stop and stop some more traffic and spyder started really missing bad, got to the point i could hardly keep running when i let out on clutch. even when got out of traffic would not clear up till got home and let it set and cool down...felt like possible bad coil??? if anyone has any ideas id like to hear them? thanks, Bill

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hotbot View Post
    was in heavy stop and stop some more traffic and spyder started really missing bad, got to the point i could hardly keep running when i let out on clutch. even when got out of traffic would not clear up till got home and let it set and cool down...felt like possible bad coil??? if anyone has any ideas id like to hear them? thanks, Bill

Any work done to it before this started to happen??
    Spark plugs ect.,ect.??

Spyder Garage

Bad coil, bad plug wire, bad spark plug, bad ECM.... You will have to do some troubleshooting and replace some components one by one until you find the problem(s). Be aware, ignition problems often come in multiples, so you get a bad plug wire, that kills the plug, and the lack of an outlet for the spark kills the coil.

There are other possibilities, like a fuel delivery problem. First thing to do is pull both plugs and see which one is dead. Let the results drive your next action. .....or take it to the dealer and let him do the cussing, instead.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Missing in heavy traffic

Try this in a place where you can do this safely. Get the bike going about 20 to 30 mph and turn off the key. Turn it back on and start the bike.

If the bike runs ok for 30 seconds to a minute before it loads up again, take it to the dealer and have the PROM re-flashed. I've been struggling with this all summer, and finally came up with a fix.

When I called the dealership, i was the second caller in 30 minutes that had the exact same problem. Go figure.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes!

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22827

Still waiting on the wires .......
    -Samurai Mechanic-

Spyder Garage

Default Problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by hotbot View Post
    After all the head scratching by the dealership and myself, they flashed the PROM, and it went away. I wonder if the bike is Windows based....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mooneych View Post
    After all the head scratching by the dealership and myself, they flashed the PROM, and it went away. I wonder if the bike is Windows based....
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.