Default Sway Bar

PM sent
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Installed tonight. Easy install. A few steps weren't in the instructions but easy to figure out. Very fast shipping. Will test this weekend after other installs are completed!

Spyder Garage

That's it, I am selling one of my guitars to buy this. My wife does not know about the guitar but she will be happy with the improved handling of the Spyder. Sounds like a plan to me...

Jim

"THE DOG SLED"
    2011 Spyder Can Am RTS SM5 (Orbital Blue)
    Nuvi 550 GPS With Ram Mount
    Drink 2 Go Cup Holder
    KewlMetal RT Run-Turn-Brake LED
    GloRyder Wolf Paw (in blue)
    DMWMS Decal
    IPS w/
    Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad
    TricLed - Brake Pedal
    Chrome Shortee Antenna

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOGJIM View Post
    That's it, I am selling one of my guitars to buy this. My wife does not know about the guitar but she will be happy with the improved handling of the Spyder. Sounds like a plan to me...

Jim
    You will not be disappointed Jim! But I hate to see you get rid of a good guitar!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Hopefully you have a guitar you won't miss too much :confused: I have the RS baja bar and am so glad I went that route instead of shocks. ... saved me a bundle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    "can you hear me now?"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    You will not be disappointed Jim! But I hate to see you get rid of a good guitar!
    No worries Ron, it was a CL find, and a steal of a price. Was going to be a keeper but now I am going to flip it instead. I have other guitars as that is my other passion.

"THE DOG SLED"
    2011 Spyder Can Am RTS SM5 (Orbital Blue)
    Nuvi 550 GPS With Ram Mount
    Drink 2 Go Cup Holder
    KewlMetal RT Run-Turn-Brake LED
    GloRyder Wolf Paw (in blue)
    DMWMS Decal
    IPS w/
    Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad
    TricLed - Brake Pedal
    Chrome Shortee Antenna

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TOPDOGJIM View Post
    No worries Ron, it was a CL find, and a steal of a price. Was going to be a keeper but now I am going to flip it instead. I have other guitars as that is my other passion.
    Ok, that's good... I feel better now!

Spyder Garage

I hocked my fiancé 's engagement ring for mine. It was worth it!

Disclaimer - Any claim of hocking a ring is strictly hyperbole intended to Indicate total satisfaction with this product.
    2012 RS Black - Fox Shocks, BRP Touring Windshield, BRP Sport Rack, BRP Backrest, BRP 1"Riser,Kuryakyn Console Inserts, Spyder Pops Missing Air Dam and Heat Shield
    Next Up - Madstad Brackets, Floorboards, Kuryakyn Iso-Grips

Spyder Garage

Default Anti Sway Bar Kit

Maybe I missed it, but do you have the kit for the 2013 ST Limited if so where can I obtain info. What else can be modifyed to make the spyder ride better. By adding this kit would warranty be void
    Last edited by Doug; 07-29-2013 at 06:18 AM.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but do you have the kit for the 2013 ST Limited if so where can I obtain info. What else can be modifyed to make the spyder ride better. By adding this kit would warranty be void
    Changing the sway bar will not void or affect your warranty.

I have sway bars for all Spyders, years and models in stock ready to ship including the 2013 ST. I will ship these worldwide. Here are costs for the various bars shipped to the 48 US States.

2008-2012 RS, GS, RSS - $179.00 delivered.
    2010-2012 RT, RTS, RT Ltd. - $199.00 delivered.

2013 RS, RSS, ST, STS, ST Ltd. - $219.00 delivered.
    2013 RT, RTS, RT Ltd. - $219.00 delivered.

I am also now offering Chrome Moly replacement Heim Joint Links for the OEM composite plastic links for $65.00 delivered.

The sway bar upgrade will give you a great amount of improvement. If you want to go up another notch you need to look at upgrading your shocks to the Fox shocks offered by BRP or the Elka's offered by Pit Bull Powersports.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-29-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Joint links

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does changing the joint links from oem plastic to chrome moly. I live in Brights Grove, Ontario, Canada how do I go about placing an order, using master card, and what would the cost be plus delivery to my home.
    2017 F3-S , circuit yellow

Spyder Garage

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does changing the joint links from oem plastic to chrome moly. I live in Brights Grove, Ontario, Canada how do I go about placing an order, using master card, and what would the cost be plus delivery to my home.
    There have been reports of the plastic ones breaking especially on the 2013. They had a bad batch with a #4 ID on them. If they had a #4 and a white dot supposedly they are OK but I figured why chance it + the metal ones look and seem to hold position better. My plastic ones were deflected so much they rubbed the A frame attachment point. Rubbing a plastic part can't be a good thing. Ron's are designed so they cannot deflect that much because they are not as thick as the plastic ones so no rubbing.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

My Chrome Moly links are much stronger than the OEM units but will not give you any performance improvement. As long as your OEM composite plastic links are in good condition the function will be the same.

I have seen, as reported by Magdave, that the wider OEM links rotate to a point (which they are designed to do) where they rub on the upper mount channel. While this rubbing is not ideal, the breakage I've seen has not occurred in the area of contact, but at the Heim ball radius. It may be that contact with the mounting channel is increasing the stress at the break point, I don't know.

At the very least, I recommend checking your OEM links (or having them checked) to determine if they are from the problematic batch. Otherwise, you risk having breakage at an inconvenient time. Your BRP dealer will replace the defective links at no charge.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-29-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Sway bar position

Ron; received both sway bar and heim links. Hope to install soon. One question, I assume the sway bar is located on the bolt shoulder outside the top-hat shaped washer on the heim link photo. Is this correct? Everything is top quality. Thanks for a great product..

QUOTE=BajaRon;663896]Changing the sway bar will not void or affect your warranty.

I have sway bars for all Spyders, years and models in stock ready to ship including the 2013 ST. I will ship these worldwide. Here are costs for the various bars shipped to the 48 US States.

I am also now offering Chrome Moly replacement Heim Joint Links for the OEM composite plastic links for $65.00 delivered.

The sway bar upgrade will give you a great amount of improvement. If you want to go up another notch you need to look at upgrading your shocks to the Fox shocks offered by BRP or the Elka's offered by Pit Bull Powersports.[/QUOTE]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MMcc View Post
    Ron; received both sway bar and heim links. Hope to install soon. One question, I assume the sway bar is located on the bolt shoulder outside the top-hat shaped washer on the heim link photo. Is this correct? Everything is top quality. Thanks for a great product..

QUOTE=BajaRon;663896]Changing the sway bar will not void or affect your warranty.

The sway bar upgrade will give you a great amount of improvement. If you want to go up another notch you need to look at upgrading your shocks to the Fox shocks offered by BRP or the Elka's offered by Pit Bull Powersports.
    [/QUOTE]

The BRP engineers do not seem to feel it matters which way you mount the Sway Bar bolt and I have found it really doesn't appear to make any difference.

While the links are identical, the assembly sequence is a bit different between the Pre-2013's and the 2013 models. This is due to a difference in the mounting brackets on the 2013 models. These pictures should have been supplied with the Link Kit Install Instructions.

So far I have been emailing the instructions. It saves me Paper/Ink/Time and the pictures are much clearer on the screen than they are on paper. If you did not get a copy of the instructions in your email let me know.

2013 Link Kit Assembly Sequence

​Pre-2013 Link Kit Assembly Sequence

Last edited by BajaRon; 08-04-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Heim link mount

Ron. Thanks for the quick response and great photos with explanation. Sorry, never received the email but that could be in my spam folder. I turn the filter up a few notches while in China.

Spyder Garage

Do you have a website or is this still done through email/paypal?

Looking at sway bar and heim joints for a 2013 STS, are these regular stock items?

Spyder Garage

And how much has to come apart to install the sway bar?

Spyder Garage

Sorry, still no web site. Anyone can reach me or place an order by emailing me at fyredad@hotmail.com

I wish the Heim Joint Links were a regular stock item, and they will be at some point. I have not been able to make them fast enough to even get a set on my Spyder! I'm out of them right now but hope to have a billet aluminum kit in a few weeks.

The sway bars are in stock for every model.

Not too much has to come off to install the sway bar on the 2013 or 2014 models. And all of it is underneath the Tupperware. The biggest challenge is getting the Spyder up about 18" to have enough clearance to get the OEM bar out and the Custom bar in.

Spyder Garage

My bike has the stock heims w/ a 4 on it and no dot, the ones that should be replaced. I take it I should wait til I have your new heims before installing your swaybar?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    My bike has the stock heims w/ a 4 on it and no dot, the ones that should be replaced. I take it I should wait til I have your new heims before installing your swaybar?
    Take your pick I got new plastic ones from the recall but have Ron's on the bike. Get the parts BRP owes you and save them incase you want to go back to stock (2015?) It takes about 10 min on a car ramp to change them. Go ahead and do the bar and decide later. The Bar was a bear for me on the 13. Getting the old one off was easy not so much getting Ron's on. Results may vary Either way it will ride better.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

I wonder how much difference there is in your RT compared to my ST-S swaybar?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Sorry, still no web site. Anyone can reach me or place an order by emailing me at fyredad@hotmail.com

I wish the Heim Joint Links were a regular stock item, and they will be at some point. I have not been able to make them fast enough to even get a set on my Spyder! I'm out of them right now but hope to have a billet aluminum kit in a few weeks.

The sway bars are in stock for every model.

Not too much has to come off to install the sway bar on the 2013 or 2014 models. And all of it is underneath the Tupperware. The biggest challenge is getting the Spyder up about 18" to have enough clearance to get the OEM bar out and the Custom bar in.
    Are the heim joints available yet?

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I appreciate your input.

I wonder how much difference there is in your RT compared to my ST-S swaybar?
    Sorry for the late reply. I'm still getting used to checking here every day.

The RT bar is quite a bit stiffer than the ST bar. The RT is heavier and has a higher center of gravity, hence the heavier bar to achieve the desired result.

The OEM composite plastic links work fine as long as they are in good condition. Remember, all of the bad links were the #4 pieces, but not all #4 links are bad.

I recommend you get yours replaced by BRP even if you plan to install my custom Heim Joint Links at some point. That way you'll have a good set stashed away. Who knows, someone might need them.

Are the heim joints available yet?
    No, unfortunately they are not. I have been working on a solid, 1 piece billet aluminum link set. Of course the Chrome Moly HJL's I have previously supplied ended up being a 1 piece unit, they did require assembly (by your's truly!)

The Billet Aluminum HJL's will solve several problems, ie. supply stream, assembly time, easier install. Not that the Chrome Moly units were all that hard to install. But better is better.

I'm still looking at a few more weeks before the Billet Aluminum units are ready for prime time.