Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Smile Quick Shipping

Great service
    Amsoil came yesterday, filters today!!

Spyder Garage

Do you have the new oil filter and transmission filter (larger) with new cap for the SE5 that was posted in the bulletin from BRP?

Spyder Garage

Default New style filters?

Do you have the new style filters for the semi auto trans? does it include the new cap?
    Sorry mised the other posrt asking the same question.

J. D.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    Do you have the new style filters for the semi auto trans? does it include the new cap?
    Sorry mised the other posrt asking the same question.

J. D.
    Sorry, I did not see these posts. Threads get burried so fast around here if you're not on several times a day they can just blow by.

No, I do not have the new filters or the extended caps. The caps will be a dealer only item anyway.

But I don't feel too bad about it. #1, the trans filters I've been selling for 2 years have performed flawlessly. #2, many, if not most, of the dealers seem not to have them either.

I have discussed this with HiFlo (my filter supplier) and they are aware of the changes and will be producing a filter with the new dimensions for the transmission. It is probably not necessary for HiFlo to alter the engine oil filter, but understanding that perception is 99% of marketing, they may make unnecessary changes to their current filter to satisfy customers concerns.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Ron!

Received my wires today, perfect fit & cleaned up a skipping issue at temp. Great service, I'll be back!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spark Plug Wires

Ron, I need to know how much the wire set is. And how does the new sway bar compare to the early replacement/upgrade? i have one of those on the 'Bird...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Ron, I need to know how much the wire set is. And how does the new sway bar compare to the early replacement/upgrade? i have one of those on the 'Bird...
    Anytime you want to see what I've got & pricing you can click on my Banner Ad on the Home Page here at Spyderlovers.com. The banner ad below will also get you there.

I carry 2 wires set versions, MSD (RED) and Accel (Black). They are of similar construction using the same process to get spark from the coil to your Spark Plug (Low resistance Spiral Wound Copper Alloy Wire instead of the OEM High resistance Carbon Impregnated Core). The Accel wire is thicker (8.8mm to 8.5mm and the Accel outer skin is more heat and cut resistant than the MSD wire). However, both will perform very will on your Spyder.

The problem with any high resistance carbon core wires is not just the spark robbing attribues of this kind of conductor, but it also breaks down as electrical current passes through it and is very susceptible to heat, vibration and manipulation damage.

There is a lot of heat under our Tupperware and our wires are routed right above the exhaust and between the cyclinders giving these carbon core wires a real workout.

When I first started selling just the Iridium spark plugs the rumor began that this type of spark plug was bad for the Spyder because after installation the engine ran so poorly. It was logically assumed that the new Iridium plugs were to blame. But it was not the spark plugs at all, it turned out that the fragile OEM wires were irreparably damaged during spark plug replacement.

The MSD wire set is $65.00 delivered and the Accel is $72.00 delivered. Dielectric grease and Thermal Past included.

The Accel wire costs me more so that is why the price difference. I highly recommend installing a good quality Iridium spark plug of the correct heat range with my wire set. They complement each other very well and you will get the maximum performance and longevity from your ignition system that way. I sell the NGK Iridium spark plugs for $17.00 a set delivered.

For the Sway Bar, I assume you are referring to the EVO (Evoluzione) products that are now discontinued. My bar is a bit stiffer than the last version of the EVO bar. Comparing my bar to the EVO bar I had on my Spyder, it is of better quality than the EVO bar.

I cannot speak to the earlier versions of the EVO bar because I never owned one. But my feeling is that they used the same basic materials for all of their versions so the same would hold true.

For Payment I can invoice your Paypal account by email. Very easy and quick. You can also mail payment if you prefer. Both work just fine.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Anytime you want to see what I've got & pricing you can click on my Banner Ad on the Home Page here at Spyderlovers.com. The banner ad below will also get you there.

Ron, I click on the banner ad and it just keeps looping to the forum ... and thank you for your quick and informative response. I cannot seem to get to your 'catalog' page... Glenn aka Big Bird
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-29-2023 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post

Ron, I click on the banner ad and it just keeps looping to the forum ... and thank you for your quick and informative response. I cannot seem to get to your 'catalog' page... Glenn aka Big Bird
    Right now that is my catalog page. It's a forum post with the items that I have that are Spyder specific. I don't list jackets, helmets, etc., there because it would take quite a bit of room.

If you're looking for something that is not listed on that forum page just PM or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-29-2023 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Fixed quote in quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

my 08 GS M5... set of Accel wires, pair of spark plugs... paypal

<snip>.....<snip>

Thanks again... Glenn

P.S. Do you handle the mirror extensions, or do I have to go to KM? gj
    It's best to handle orders by PM or email. I've sent you a PM reply.

Any information you post here can be read by anyone. PM's keep things a bit more private. Just saying.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-29-2023 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Removed personal ID detail...

Spyder Garage

Default Thank-you Ron!

Oil kit arrived very quickly. Change done. My guy who has ridden BMW's forever said your products were exactly right. Thanks for the great service!

Spyder Garage

Default Buy

Ron, there is no link to order! Am I missing something?

Spyder Garage

Hello fellow Tennessean,
    I am changing my oil in my 08 sm spyder for the first time and want to go with amsoil. I ordered the seals from you and saw tha you have amsoil. Can you send me a price on what it would cost me to get enough oil shipped to Covington, Tennessee. I am 60 miles north of Memphis in area code 38019.

Thanks,
    Yello Jacket

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lionking View Post
    Ron, there is no link to order! Am I missing something?
    Don't know how I missed this one. You can PM me or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com

Spyder Garage

Whale oil beef hooked!

I bought four filters from you via ebay earlier this yeart and just for info, the price for the four plus seal kits was cheaper than ONE filter from the local dealership.

Good work mate and I wiil be ordering from you again.

Buster

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pig View Post
    Whale oil beef hooked!

I bought four filters from you via ebay earlier this yeart and just for info, the price for the four plus seal kits was cheaper than ONE filter from the local dealership.

Good work mate and I wiil be ordering from you again.

Buster
    Be sure to order from Spyderlovers and not from eBay. Ebay charges me fees that I have to cover in higher prices plus I always give Spyderlovers a break on anything I sell if they come through this forum.

You can click on my Banner ad here or on the Home Page here at Spyderlovers to get pricing.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Which wires and plugs do you suggest for a 2009 rs?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I want a sway bar

How do i get one and were .2012 RT.se5,jim 254 230 6028
    Attached Images Attached Images
    james sims

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    Which wires and plugs do you suggest for a 2009 rs?
    Either the MSD or the Accel are very good wire sets. The Accel wire has more insulation and a tougher hide. Both use the same Spiral Wound Core technology and both are very good products. Far superior to the Carbon Core OEM wire sets. They will deliver more spark to the plug, reduce the load on the coil and last 2-3 times longer than OEM wires.

BRP calls for the colder heat range plugs for the RS/GS/RS-S and a hotter heat range for the RT. I sell both. Some are putting the hotter heat range RT plug in the RS/GS/RS-S. My recommendation is that if you ride aggressively and or live or ride in warm to hot climates, stick with the colder plug. If you are a gentle rider and or ride in mostly cool or cold climates then you might want to go with the hotter heat range plug in the RS.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderjim2012 View Post
    How do i get one and were .2012 RT.se5,jim 254 230 6028
    I am currently out of the RT Custom Performance Sway Bars. They have been selling faster than I can have them produced. I think I've got that issue fixed. I've got more of these coming and I hope to be able to ship sometime next week. It depends on how long it takes my powder coater to get them painted.

For payment I can invoice you by email for Paypal or you can mail payment. Either way works fine. You no longer need a Paypal account to make payment with that method.

If you would like to be placed on the notification list please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com
    Last edited by BajaRon; 01-17-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default from Montreal, Quebec

Good morning Ron

About the sway bars, will you have a vendors boot at the Ozark, MO Spyderfest, and installation ?

Thanks,

Norm

e-mail: chicota@live.ca

Spyder Garage

Default Sway bar

I need the longer bolts for the sway bar. Thank you
    Abbot Spyder

Spyder Garage

Default Anti-sway bar

Good Morning Ron,

I just bought a 2013 RT Limited and I am very interested in purchasing your anti-sway bar. What is the status of bar availability for 2013 spyder models? Also do you know the cost of shipping to Toronto Canada including custom brokerage fees? If there is a choice I would prefer shipping by USPS. Their custom brokerage fees are reasonable, unlike Fed Ex and UPS were their fees border on the obscene.

Thanks & Regards,

John J.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    Good Morning Ron,

I just bought a 2013 RT Limited and I am very interested in purchasing your anti-sway bar. What is the status of bar availability for 2013 spyder models? Also do you know the cost of shipping to Toronto Canada including custom brokerage fees? If there is a choice I would prefer shipping by USPS. Their custom brokerage fees are reasonable, unlike Fed Ex and UPS were their fees border on the obscene.

Thanks & Regards,

John J.

fastfraser gave this information to me for picking things up in USA it is located about an 1.5 hrs from Guelph. The company is called U.S. Address located at 3909 Witmer Road Niagara Falls New york Tel(716)298-1822 I use them all the time save on brokerage fees and shipping charges. Just pay per parcel by weight http://www.usaddressinc.com/
    Just register first it is easy cost is $5.00 US and you only pay once

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon sway bar

Ron,
    I received and installed the BajaRon sway bar on my 2010 rt-s,it was an easy install ,I didn't expect to see much difference in handling, it took most of the sway from crosswinds and corning was more stable,my wife even noticed the difference.
    I wish I had installed it earlier , I highly recommend the BajaRon sway bar,it's all or more than advertised

Thanks Ron,
    Tom

Spyder Garage

Default Anti-sway bar

Ron, I gotta say, I had doubts.......What a great investment in my 2012 RT-S!! Bar works great. Fast delivery, install was simple and straight forward. I never knew our Spyders could handle that sweet. I have much more confidence in the cornering and cut right through cross winds. Backed off the front shock preload to 3 and the ride is comfy again. Great product, great service...can't ask for more. Thanks!!