Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    He also has a Facebook page and I've had good luck contacting him there.
    I see. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I do not believe I've gotten an email from you. Email is one of the better ways to get in touch with me. It's been a busy week. I worked the polls on Tuesday, Monday was a zoo. And, of course, after taking an entire day off on Tuesday, yesterday was a zoo as well. Getting a Krikit is no problem. Since you are International. It would be best for you to try me again at my fyredad@hotmail.com email address. Be sure you send it to fyredad@hotmail.com. When people type this in they tend to switch the Y and the E changing it from Fyre to FRYE. If you do that the email will not come to me.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I DON'T DO FACEBOOK, not for 15 years. Sure would like to find a website.
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by guzzihack View Post
    I DON'T DO FACEBOOK, not for 15 years. Sure would like to find a website.
    Not a problem. We have eBay (though you'll pay more if you purchase there)

You can email us at fyredad@hotmail.com, or you can call us at 423-609-7588. Any of these will work.

We do plan to have a web page up early next year.

Spyder Garage

Why the yelling??

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Parts

....Looks like good prices for great deals. I will give you my business when the time comes.

Stay Healthy. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    ....Looks like good prices for great deals. I will give you my business when the time comes.

Stay Healthy. ......
    Much appreciated!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Here are answers to 3 questions I always get.

1- What is a 'Seal Kit'?
    Seal Kits vary depending on applications. Picture below is of the SM6/SE6 seal kit for the 1330 ACE motor in the 2014-2020 RT and all F3 models and years. This is just an example and may not be what you will need. The seal kit consists of all necessary O-Rings and drain plug washers needed for an Engine/(Transmission where required) Oil Change. O-Rings are high quality made in Germany. Washers (copper or aluminum as necessary) are made in the USA.

2- Do you offer filters without a Seal Kit?
    Yes, I will sell just the filter kit or just the seal kit separately if you request it. Whether or not you decide to purchase a seal kit with filter(s), I still highly recommend you have a spare Seal Kit handy anytime you change your oil so you can replace any component you may find damaged and you will not be left stranded, mid service waiting on parts.

3-Why do you offer combinations with a Transmission Filter for each Oil Change?
    Originally the BRP manual called for the Transmission Filter to be changed every other Oil Change. This has been changed. BRP now recommends the Transmission Filter be changed with every oil change (SE5 Spyder Models Only).
    This is something I wish I had known long ago. A website will help preserve all this good info for latecomers to the party.

Also...I'm not sure this link from your very first post still works. "We now have a Facebook Store where you can purchase On-Line - https://www.facebook.com/BajaRons-Cu...0868605211789/"

Is this it? https://www.facebook.com/BajaRons-Cu...0868605211789/

Maybe you could include a good one as part of your signature block, along with your company email and phone number?
    Last edited by UtahPete; 07-23-2022 at 02:21 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Much appreciated!
    Have you looked into the better filter for the Ryker. Same dimensions as the 420956123 but a better filter p/n 420956124. Cost more. When I changed my oil at 900 miles my oem filter was shot. Top came right off it.
    David

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BikerDoc? Do you work on Spyders? Curious, thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
    Have you looked into the better filter for the Ryker. Same dimensions as the 420956123 but a better filter p/n 420956124. Cost more. When I changed my oil at 900 miles my oem filter was shot. Top came right off it.
    David
    Sorry I did not see this sooner. The problem with filters other then the OEM is that the OEM filter has an anti-drain back valve in it. Because the Ryker oil filter is mounted high, the oil will drain out of it in short order. There are a number of filters with the same dimension out there including after market (K&N, etc.). But they do not have the anti-drain back valve and I would not recommend them for this reason. Letting the oil drain out of the filter canister means your parts will be turning for a precious amount of time with zero oil delivery as the system is busy refilling the oil filter canister. Over time this will definitely take it's toll on critical parts.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 02-15-2023 at 12:42 PM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry I did not see this sooner. The problem with filters other then the OEM is that the OEM filter has an anti-drain back valve in it. Because the Ryker oil filter is mounted high, the oil will drain out of it in short order. There are a number of filters with the same dimension out there including after market (K&N, etc.). But they do not have the anti-drain back valve and I would not recommend them for this reason. Letting the oil drain out of the filter canister means your parts will be turning for a precious amount of time without oil delivery as the system is busy refilling the oil filter canister. Over time this will definitely take it's toll on critical parts.
    Are you saying the K&N filters ....DON'T have the Anti-Drain back feature ?????? ..... Thanks .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Are you saying the K&N filters ....DON'T have the Anti-Drain back feature ?????? ..... Thanks .... Mike
    No aftermarket filter we know of that fits the Ryker has the anti-drain back valve. Including K&N. This is why K&N does not list an oil filter for the Ryker. There is more to an oil filter than external dimensions. Just because it fits. Does not mean you want to use it. Just be careful.

The Spyder does not require an anti-drain back valve because it sits low in the system and the oil does not drain out of it. Only the Ryker needs this feature. There would be no advantage to adding a valve to the Spyder filters.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 02-15-2023 at 12:48 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ron, I thought I heard some chatter that you were going to make the air box delete kit that JR use to make, is there any truth to that? Getting ready to do my 2012 RTL plugs and sure would love to not have to stuff that box back in! PM me!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-05-2024 at 08:03 AM. Reason: shore ... ;-)
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Ron, I thought I heard some chatter that you were going to make the air box delete kit that JR use to make, is there any truth to that? Getting ready to do my 2012 RTL plugs and sure would love to not have to stuff that box back in! PM me!
    Yes, this is true. We have them in stock. It is a great mod and we are very happy to continue what JT began. Give us a call and we'll fix you up! 423-609-7588.