Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thanks.

My bike goes in for it's 600 mile service Monday, I'll ask about the links since mine are the #4 no dot type. I doubt my dealer would have them in stock since they are small, but who knows.

If not, it would probably be a couple/three months before I could get the bike back to them.

Can I get on a list for your heims when they come out? lol

Spyder Garage

Not sure where the info on the heim joints here came from? Or if it was only for RT series bikes as posted? But, my dealer checked my heim joints (#4 w no dot) and said they are fine.

He said that his BRP bulletin said that heims w/ 1, 3 and 4 are fine. And that the #2 heims were the question and that there was a procedure for checking those? But did not say what that procedure was?

So I'm wondering now if we have a copy of the BRP bulletin on this to clarify?
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-26-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    Not sure where the info on the heim joints here came from? Or if it was only for RT series bikes as posted? But, my dealer checked my heim joints (#4 w no dot) and said they are fine.

He said that his BRP bulletin said that heims w/ 1, 3 and 4 are fine. And that the #2 heims were the question and that there was a procedure for checking those? But did not say what that procedure was?

2013-06

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Link-Rods-(FYI)
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post

Sorry, but that is just a picture. What does a dealer get sent from BRP?

That has no info on what models or anything?

If my dealer is wrong on what he told me I need proof, not just some picture off the web? Sorry.

Spyder Garage

Your dealer is wrong. The information is accurate and applies to all 2013 model Spyders (Only). It is the series #4 links that are bad. Series #1, 2 & 3 are fine. He's got his wires crossed up for sure.

The thing is, all of the bad links were from batch #4, but not all batch #4 links are bad. That is why BRP pulled the entire inventory of links when the problem was discovered and inspected all the #4's. There must be a visual way to tell which are good as they marked the good #4's with a paint dot and put them back into inventory.

It's possible yours are not defective #4's, but I would still get them replaced. Why find out the hard way?

My bike goes in for it's 600 mile service Monday, I'll ask about the links since mine are the #4 no dot type. I doubt my dealer would have them in stock since they are small, but who knows.
    Any dealer worth their salt has these in stock to deal with the recall replacements that come their way.

If not, it would probably be a couple/three months before I could get the bike back to them.

Can I get on a list for your heims when they come out? lol
    Anyone who would like to be on the notification list for when I get these custom Heim Joint Links back in stock can email me at fyredad@hotmail.com and I will let you know as soon as I have these ready to ship.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-26-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

If my dealer is wrong on what he told me I need proof, not just some picture off the web? Sorry.
    I said 2013-06 is the bulletin. The dealer should have it ask him to show it to you or any heim link bulletin. I bet he read it wrong. Lamont has an inside track with BRP if he posts something take it to the bank. He has been a test pilot for them including the 2014 for years.
    Last edited by Magdave; 10-26-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

I am wondering how this turned out?

Spyder Garage

I need something to show them because they say their info is correct.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-06-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

I need something to show them because they say their info is correct.
    Amazing! Your dealership is the only one on the planet (to my knowledge) saying this. I would PM Lamont and see if he has a service bullion reference. No one else has needed documentation because their dealerships have it right. They just go in and get their #4 links replaced, no problem.

Has your dealership shown you the documentation they are getting this information from? Something is really hinky here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Amazing! Your dealership is the only one on the planet (to my knowledge) saying this. I would PM Lamont and see if he has a service bullion reference. No one else has needed documentation because their dealerships have it right. They just go in and get their #4 links replaced, no problem.

Has your dealership shown you the documentation they are getting this information from? Something is really hinky here.

They didn't show me anything. I think I need to press the issue again and ask for a copy of his info. I heard this directly from the mechanic, and he is the top BRP mechanic in our area for Seadoos and Can Am products.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 11-06-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

They didn't show me anything. I think I need to press the issue again and ask for a copy of his info. I heard this directly from the mechanic, and he is the top BRP mechanic in our area for Seadoos and Can Am products.
    Tell him I've got #2's on my 2008 GS and I'll be up to get them swapped out for free! The #2's were around long before the 2013 Spyder. It was the #4's that came out with the 2013's.

It is interesting that the picture used to detail what to look for is of a #2 link... Hmmm.... Maybe someone isn't paying attention.....

Last edited by BajaRon; 11-06-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Firstgear Thermo suit.

Ron,
    Looking for a Firtsgear Thermo suit, I think a XL would work. Got any and what is the cost.

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you Bajaron!

I just wanna say thank you for your great service and always have time for good and long answer, you are fantastic ! I made this video and there I tell about the anti sway bar from you, and also the EBC rotor and pads to thank you a bit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Henning View Post
    I just wanna say thank you for your great service and always have time for good and long answer, you are fantastic ! I made this video and there I tell about the anti sway bar from you, and also the EBC rotor and pads to thank you a bit.
    I am so glad you got this all together for your trip. It looks fantastic! If you can, post updates as you go along on your trip with pictures if possible. I think we'd all like to go along with you on this ride.

Spyder Garage

Default OIL FILTER KIT FOR 2012 RTS

4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $69.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    THIS IS THE KIT I WOULD LIKE TO ORDER.
    JOSEPH

--
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Contact Information ~
    You can PM me or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com
    Email usually gets a quicker answer
    Cell Phone: 423-552-3720
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Newest Item!
    Replacement Heim Joint Link Kit - $65.00 delivered to 48 US States. Shipping outside USA varies by destination.
    I now carry Chrome Moly Steel replacements for the composite plastic links which attach the Sway Bar to the Suspension (A-Arm). These are direct replacement items and are much stronger and sturdier than the composite plastic OEM links. I have had trouble keeping up with demand for this item. You can contact me at fyredad@hotmail.com

New Chrome Moly Steel Links

Original composite plastic links

Can-Am Spyder Sway Bars!
    Click on the Link Below to get more detailed information about what a Sway Bar does
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-A-Sway-Bar-Do

I now have Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar kits for all years and models of the Spyder. 2008-2014

Anti-Sway Bar Kit for All 2013~2014 Spyder RS, RSS, ST, STS, ST Ltd. All Models (will not fit pre-2013 Spyders) - $219 (includes shipping to 48 US States - Will Ship Worldwide).

Anti-Sway Bar Kit for All 2013~2014 Spyder RT, RTS, RT Ltd. All Models (will not fit pre-2013 Spyders) - $219 (includes shipping to 48 US States - Will Ship Worldwide).

Anti-Sway Bar Kit for All
    2010~2012 Spyder RT, RTS, RT Ltd. All Models (will not fit the 2013 Spyder) - $199 (includes shipping to 48 US States - Will Ship Worldwide).

Anti-Sway Bar Kit for All
    2008~2012 Spyder RS, GS, RSS, All Models (will not fit the 2013 Spyder) - $179 (includes shipping to 48 US States - Will Ship Worldwide).

Kits contain everything you need for installation.

PM me here at Spyderlovers.com or email me at fyredad@hotmail.com. I can send a Paypal invoice by email, or you can mail payment. Either way works fine.

You can always get me by PM here at Spyderlovers or by email, fyredad@hotmail.com eMail usually works faster if you're in a hurry but either way I will get back to you.

Here is what I am currently carrying specifically for the Spyder
    Oil Filter Kits
    Custom Spark Plug Wire Sets
    NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    EBC High Carbon Stainless Steel Rotors (I will have more on these soon)
    EBC Semi-Sintered brake pads (Not to be confused with their Organic pads)
    Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar - 2008-2012 RS, GS, RSS All Models
    Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar - 2010-2012 RT, RTS, RT Ltd. All Models
    Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar - 2008-2014 RS, RSS, ST, STS, ST Ltd. All Models
    Custom Performance Anti-Sway Bar - 2013-2014 RT, RTS, RT Ltd. All Models
    Various Riding Apparel - Jackets, Pants, Rain Gear, Electric Heated Gear

Here are a few examples of Motorcycle gear that I carry
    Helmets - Arai, Nolan, Scorpion, Shark
    Jackets/Pants/Gloves/Boots/Raingear/Heated Gear, etc. - Firstgear - Frogg Toggs - River Road - Speed & Strength

THANKS LAMONT!

This is a great place with great people and I am looking forward to this new endevor.

I've been selling Motorcycle gear on eBay since 1998. Mostly Helmets, Apparal and Exhaust systems. Earlier this year the HiFlo company came out with filters for the Spyder (both Engine oil and Transmission). These are quality products made to exact OEM specs, using the best filter paper in the world (made in Finland). They meet or exceed all OEM requirements.

FILTERS!

HiFlo also produces the K&N filter line of products. I have been very impressed with these filters. Top quality at a great price.

Engine Oil Filter

Oil Change Seal Kit

Transmission Oil Filter - This is the Original Size Transmission Filter - I do not have the New, Longer Fiter. If you have the New- Extended Transmission Filter Cap this transmission filter will not fit.

Least Expensive shipping methods are listed - Faster Shipping is available

SM5 RS/GS/RSS & RT -
    Engine Oil Filtersw/Domestic Shipping – (48 US States)
    1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit -$17.95 -
    (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit - $25.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $29.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $36.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $40.25 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $46.75 - (Includes Priority Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $50.25 -(Includes Priority Shipping)

SE5 RS/GS/RSS & RT - Engine &Transmission Filter sets w/Domestic Shipping – (48US States)
    All Transmission Filters include the O-Ring for that filter
    This is the Original Size Transmission Filter - I do not have the New, Longer Fiter. If you have the New- Extended Transmission Filter Cap this transmission filter will not fit.
    1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit +1 Trans Filter - $22.95 -
    (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $36.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 2 Trans Filter - $40.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 3 Trans Filters - $56.95 -
    (Includes Priority Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits + 3 Trans Filters - $59.95 -
    (Includes Priority Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $63.50 - (Includes Priority Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $69.95 - (Includes Priority Shipping)

International Orders
    ~ Canada ~
    Engine Oil Filters
    1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit - $18.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)

2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit - $27.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $30.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $39.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $42.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $46.25 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $52.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)

~ Canada ~
    Engine & Transmission Filter sets
    All Transmission Filters include the O-Ring for that filter
    This is the Original Size Transmission Filter - I do not have the New, Longer Fiter. If you have the New- Extended Transmission Filter Cap this transmission filter will not fit.
    1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit + 1 Trans Filter - $23.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $38.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $41.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kit + 3 Trans Filters - $56.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kit + 3 Trans Filters - $59.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $65.25 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $69.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)

All other International Locations
    Engine Oil Filters
    1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit - $21.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit - $34.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $36.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $45.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kits - $48.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits - $53.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits - $59.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)

All other International Locations
    Engine & Transmission Filter sets
    1 Oil Filter + 1 Seal Kit + 1 Trans Filter - $27.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 1 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $44.50 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    2 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kit + 2 Trans Filters - $47.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kit + 3 Trans Filters - $61.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    3 Oil Filters + 3 Seal Kit + 3 Trans Filters - $64.75 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 2 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $74.25 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)
    4 Oil Filters + 4 Seal Kits + 4 Trans Filters - $79.95 - (Includes USPS 1st Class Shipping)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Ignition Wire Sets for the Spyder
    MSD - Red Wire Set -
    $65.00 Delivered
    Accel - Black Wire Set - $72.00 Delivered

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs for All Spyders
    DCPR9EIX (Colder Plug) - RS/GS/RSS - $17.00 a set Delivered
    DCPR8EIX - (Hotter Plug) - All RT's (Can be used in all Spyders) - $17.00 a set Delivered

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Performance EBC Semi-Sintered Brake Pads and Rotors

EBC Rotors give 18% more friction (stopping power) than OEM rotors. Specially formulated steel compound is highly resistant to warpage.

Pads are made with a new, Semi-Sintered material designed to stop better and last longer than OEM or other Organic pads.

Though the combination of EBC Pads and Rotors will give the maximum benefit it is not necessary to purchase both. These new Semi-Sintered pads will work well with the stock Spyder rotors.

Front Pads - $46.50 (You need 2 sets)
    Rear Pads - $35.95

Brake Pad pricing include shipping

Front Rotors - $136.95 (You need 2)
    Rear Rotor - $136.95

Rotor pricing include shipping.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchasing
    Right now I am pretty basic. If you are interested in anything I have listed here or anything having to do with a motorcycle or rider please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com with your request.

Payment - Domestic
    Paypal – Personal Check – Money Order

Payment - International
    Paypal – Bank Wire Transfer – Western Union
    SEE ABOVE FOR ORDER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRIPMAN View Post
    SEE ABOVE FOR ORDER
    Did you get my PM? We need to be sure you have not had the transmission conversion done before we proceed.

Spyder Garage

Did you get my PM? We need to be sure you have not had the transmission conversion done before we proceed.

I've seen talk of this, how would one know if this is done? Certain years?

Mines a 2013 (yes it's the semi-automatic electric tranny thingy ma bob) lol

Spyder Garage

I've seen talk of this, how would one know if this is done? Certain years?

Mines a 2013 (yes it's the semi-automatic electric tranny thingy ma bob) lol
    This applies only to the transmission filter on the SE5 Spyder. The engine filter dimensions did not change.

BRP came out with a longer transmission filter in 2012. I won't go into why. Some 2012's had them converted at the dealer before sale. Applying this to all pre-2013 Spyders, some were converted during an oil change, some purchased the conversion kit and did it themselves, some never got converted.

Some owners didn't want the conversion because they didn't want to be stuck getting the filter from BRP. No one else on the planet is making (or is going to make) the new transmission filter.

When the conversion is done the dealer is supposed to put this sticker on the oil reservoir (Pictured below). But like everything else, they don't always.

The best way to be sure is to measure the cap. The original cap is 7/8" deep and the conversion cap is 1-3/8" deep.

All the 2013 and later Spyders come from the factory with the longer filter so you don't need to check yours.

Last edited by BajaRon; 01-09-2014 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Clarification

Spyder Garage

Thank you Sir.

Spyder Garage

Thank you Sir.
    Now, let's just hope I am right!

Spyder Garage

Default New BajaRon Suspension Jewelry recieved!

Got my new BajaRon one piece endlinks yesterday. Pretty spiffy looking with the engraved logo. Nice job. Waiting on the collars and will install them at the same time.

Thanks!

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Do you have the oil (Amsoil) and hi flow filters for the 2014's?

I have not looked into aftermarket filters for the 1330cc. I've got everything else for all models and years.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 02-05-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just a suggestion.

TS should have a website. so consumers easily select the items sought.

Spyder Garage

Can you update post number 1 w filter info for ST models, we feel left out and are starting to organize...

Lol

Spyder Garage

Default Heim links

I had a Baja Ron Sway bar installed on my 2013 RT-S, Big change for the better. I had the Heim links changed by the dealer on a recall. Big mistake to trust the composite links. Should replace with Baja Ron links.
    Yesterday in the apex of a turn the stock heim link failed. The result was a crash into an on coming SUV. Some how I bounced without injury but the repairs with be in the $6000 range and down time 2 months. Crap stock links.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-10-2014 at 09:49 PM.